Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-03-2018

(10-03-2018, 05:33 AM)dicappatore Wrote: My opinions of all the mentioned characters are all based on facts of their behavior as were played out on the screen with their actual dialogues, so, there is no 'crow eating" here. CAPISCE? Do I need to repeated slower for you to comprehend?

Lol, keep trying to convince yourself of this. However, you can't convince anyone else. Enjoy your crow!

Also, I understood from your recent posts that you weren't going to debate with me because of the way you view my opinions.

So why is it you keep coming back? Why not stick to your word? Or is that too difficult?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 10-03-2018

I have seen that if there are certain discrepancies between the series tv and wikia.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 10-03-2018

(10-02-2018, 02:47 PM)irukandji Wrote: He should have just showed her right away.

Even when Nick admits they are no longer together, he also adds that more time isn't going to help them because Juliette's a hexenbiest and he's a grimm. If that's not a show of misgivings on his part, I don't know what is.

What?! There is a huge difference between Nick not telling a normal person about the wesen-world, and a hexenbiest hiding her identity for her Grimm boyfriend. Why would Nick want to tell her right away? As a Grimm, he HAD to deal with it. Why would he place that burden on her? He only told Hank and Wu when they started seeing things and thought they had become insane.

When Nick made the reference about a Hexenbiest and a Grimm, Juliette was already marching towards the dark side. She threatened Nick and blamed everyone.
Again, Juliette had her reasons to begin with. The big question is why she became extremely evil.

This brings me to a post I have intended to comment on for a while:
(09-27-2018, 12:53 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I always had my doubts about that ghostly spirit that could be driven out screaming from a hexenbiest's body, but if it was valid then the one inside Juliette would be a clone of the one Adalind stole from Frau Pech. It's been murdered, brought back to life, stuffed into someone else's body and forced to birth someone else's uber hexenbaby while being chased around the world by hunjager assassin's. That'd be enough to unbalance any spirit, and Frau Pech wasn't exactly Mary Poppins to begin with. So I wonder how many of Juliette's post transformation choices were really totally hers...

Firstly, this post is hysterically funny!

Secondly, I doubt that the “hexenbiest-soul” could fully explain her behavior.
Adalind, who was seen to be knowledgeable about this issues, seemed convinced that the “hexenbiest-soul” did play an important role. However, her own storyline tells a different story. She did not become a nice person when Nick took her powers. It’s hard to spot any real change in her behavior just before and after she drunk the suppression potion, and she did not turn evil when her powers returned in season 5. This indicates that the hexenbiest-nerve could not operate on its own. It only intensified attitudes and thoughts that were already present in the person.

(10-03-2018, 01:14 PM)N_grimm Wrote: What?! There is a huge difference between Nick not telling a normal person about the wesen-world, and a hexenbiest hiding her identity for her Grimm boyfriend. Why would Nick want to tell her right away? As a Grimm, he HAD to deal with it. Why would he place that burden on her? He only told Hank and Wu when they started seeing things and thought they had become insane.

I'm curious. Why would you compare Juliette to Hank and Wu? They're all human, but there are humans who didn't go nuts at being informed there were wesen.

(10-03-2018, 01:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: I'm curious. Why would you compare Juliette to Hank and Wu? They're all human, but there are humans who didn't go nuts at being informed there were wesen.

They are all people Nick had to deal with on daily basis. If he did not tell Hank and Wu, who worked with Nick on wesen-related cases, why tell Juliette? She was not a Grimm or a Hexenbiest at the time.

(10-03-2018, 01:32 PM)N_grimm Wrote: why tell Juliette? She was not a Grimm or a Hexenbiest at the time.

Because he wanted to marry her and share his life with her, so much so he ignored Marie's warning. He cannot be dishonest with her by keeping secrets.

(10-03-2018, 01:47 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 01:32 PM)N_grimm Wrote: why tell Juliette? She was not a Grimm or a Hexenbiest at the time.

Because he wanted to marry her and share his life with her, so much so he ignored Marie's warning. He cannot be dishonest with her by keeping secrets.

Don’t be unreasonable. This is not a “normal” secret. Most “superheroes” hide their identity. If he just said, “listen, I’m a descendant of hunters who fight supernatural forces”, normal logic suggests that she just pack her cases and move out...

(10-03-2018, 02:10 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Don’t be unreasonable. This is not a “normal” secret. Most “superheroes” hide their identity. If he just said, “listen, I’m a descendant of hunters who fight supernatural forces”, normal logic suggests that she just pack her cases and move out...

I'm not being unreasonable, you are. You assume that Juliette is going to act in exactly the same manner as Hank and Wu.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 10-03-2018

I'm of the opinion Nick should've eased Juliette into learning the truth similar to how she ultimately did thanks to Rosalee.

However, I don't believe she had more of a right to know than Hank. Hank was his partner who unknowingly dealt with dangerous wesen directly on a regular basis. I think it was more imperative for him to know. I know that Juliette was the woman he wanted to marry but cops who are partners are expected to be really close and know each other in ways that even a SO wouldn't since they can often hold each other's lives in their hands.

The disagreement revolves around why Nick did not tell Juliette “right away”. Nick needed a period to get to know his new reality before he started sharing it with others. Then you can discuss whether Nick should have told Hank and others at an earlier stage - and HOW that should have happened (before circumstances made it necessary). Otherwise, I agree.