Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 09-27-2018

I'm not stating she wasn't in pain and I'm not stating she didn't complain about being a hexenbiest. But what I read is that posters somehow take her complaint and her pain and then say she's lying when later on when she says she likes being a hexenbiest. Nick didn't like being a grimm at first. It can be taken further and stated that Wu didn't like being a werewolf at first. Juliette didn't like being a hexenbiest at first either. But they all liked it as they got used to it.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 09-27-2018

(09-27-2018, 06:12 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm not stating she wasn't in pain and I'm not stating she didn't complain about being a hexenbiest. But what I read is that posters somehow take her complaint and her pain and then say she's lying when later on when she says she likes being a hexenbiest. Nick didn't like being a grimm at first. It can be taken further and stated that Wu didn't like being a werewolf at first. Juliette didn't like being a hexenbiest at first either. But they all liked it as they got used to it.

The show does not really answer if Juliette started to like it. Nick hoped she would accept the potion, which may mean he did not think she liked it - even if that was what she said. The fact that Juliette became a monster indicates she hated it (and blamed "the Scoobies") and/or that she enjoyed being evil.

Even Eve does not really know if she likes being a Hexenbiest:
s06e12: “She's not a Hexenbiest anymore”. “Okay, isn't this a good thing”? “I don't know”.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 09-27-2018

Juliette had pain when started to change-"from human to Hexenbiest"-
Nick also went back to being a "GRIMM".( season 4).
She blamed Nick and company.

(09-27-2018, 07:57 AM)N_grimm Wrote: The show does not really answer if Juliette started to like it. Nick hoped she would accept the potion, which may mean he did not think she liked it - even if that was what she said. The fact that Juliette became a monster indicates she hated it (and blamed "the Scoobies") and/or that she enjoyed being evil.

Even Eve does not really know if she likes being a Hexenbiest:
s06e12: “She's not a Hexenbiest anymore”. “Okay, isn't this a good thing”? “I don't know”.

I don't think Juliette started out liking the thought of being a hexenbiest. She wouldn't have been shown going to Renard or Henrietta if she did. She wouldn't have complained to Nick if she did. But as she progressed, she admitted that she liked being a hexenbiest. It actually was Nick who said they (meaning the scoobies) did not.

As for being a monster and evil, that doesn't indicate anything other than she was a monster and evil. Adalind was just as monstrous and evil and she went so far as to murder another hexenbiest to get back what she lost.

(09-27-2018, 08:09 AM)brandon Wrote: Juliette had pain when started to change-"from human to Hexenbiest"-
Nick also went back to being a "GRIMM".( season 4).
She blamed Nick and company.

Sure she did. She also told Nick she was in hell. I'm not saying becoming a hexenbiest was all rosewater and perfume. What I am saying is that she got used to it and said she liked it.

I would say that she had opposite feelings.Also closed before them, not admitting help ,nothing to talk about.

(09-27-2018, 10:14 AM)brandon Wrote: I would say that she had opposite feelings.Also closed before them, not admitting help ,nothing to talk about.

That is not correct. When it was apparent that Juliette did not like being a hexenbiest, she sought help. She also was honest with Nick and told him she went to Renard and Henrietta.

Once she got used to the hexenbiest, what would be the point in asking for help? She liked who she was.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-27-2018

I always had my doubts about that ghostly spirit that could be driven out screaming from a hexenbiest's body, but if it was valid then the one inside Juliette would be a clone of the one Adalind stole from Frau Pech. It's been murdered, brought back to life, stuffed into someone else's body and forced to birth someone else's uber hexenbaby while being chased around the world by hunjager assassin's. That'd be enough to unbalance any spirit, and Frau Pech wasn't exactly Mary Poppins to begin with. So I wonder how many of Juliette's post transformation choices were really totally hers...

Help to accept and understand that it was she.Juliette refused to talk about what felt after the change.
If she liked it so much because did not say before?.

I'm not sure how much explaining you feel she needed to do. She tried getting help. Her efforts failed. She tried to get understanding from Nick. That didn't work. You know Nick couldn't keep this a secret and had to tell Monroe and Rosalee. They didn't even come over to see how she was doing.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 09-27-2018

I agree that Juliette does not start out liking the thought of being a hexenbiest, but I'm not sure what she's feeling later. Remember, Nick initially did not want Juliette to take part in "let's reverse Adalind's spell"-thing. Juliette insisted, and she had the same information as everyone else. It is irrational that she should blame the gang for becoming a Hexenbiest. But her actions nevertheless suggest she did – and at the same time she claimed she liked to be a Hexenbiest. She appeared crazy. It is no wonder there is disagreement about her motives and thoughts.

I do not agree that Adalind was as evil as Juliette. There was always a motive behind Adalind's actions, and we know she was influenced by her mother, Renard, or the royal family. It was the surroundings that shaped her. She changed when Nick began to show her care. Most of the characters in Grimm killed someone from time to time. What made Juliette evil in this context was that she betrayed her friends and inflicted more harm on Nick than all his enemies together. In a few episodes, she burned down the trailer, tried to kill Nicks unborn son, almost got Nick to shoot Monroe and helped the royals behead Nick's mother.

The reason for all of this was of course that the writers wanted to pave the way for the Nick-Adalind relationship. Partly by killing of Juliette, and partly by getting Adalind to appear less bad compared to Juliette. What Juliette felt, or if she acted out of her own free will, was not important enough to clarify. As a result, we have these discussions ...