Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 06:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: I recall a comment from a poster not so long ago:

"Nick has a history of almost 4 seasons bending over backward for this bitch".

To be sure, the poster who made this comment is now contradicting himself. However, this is not the only comment from the forum that points fingers at Juliette as the issue in the Nick/Juliette relationship.

If Nick is the stereotypical male, why the severe criticism of Juliette then?

Why are you so afraid of pointing fingers at me? I can take it! Why are you so afraid to admit, you can't stand it when faced with reality. Not just by me but also by some of your allies. You just can't believe what you saw on the screen so you make up or twist shitz around.

I don't have contradictions. The only contradictions are the ones with YOU having the INABILITY to distinguish what you wished for these characters and what you saw on the screen. That is the contradiction here. The one in your mind.

I always wished for Nick to end up with Juliette because she was the love of his life, not because she was so wonderful. Wasn't it me that came up with the term "doofus" for Nick? If I wasn't me, I am sure I agreed to it.
Why? Because he put up with her miss-trust and back stabbing as what ever she was or became. How much more clearer ca n I make it?

My wish for Nick, the hero of the show, was to end up with the woman he loved. But the way the creators created her, she was not deserving of his affection or love.

I don't have any contradictions my dear, but you do have a comprehension problems on what you read on this forum and what you saw on the screen...

(08-05-2018, 11:39 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 10:22 AM)brandon Wrote: What stereotype?

If he's not a tv stereotypical male, why then didn't Nick clue in to how odd "Juliette" was acting? I get that he might not be able to tell this was someone else he was having an afternoon delight with. But if he's truly the good and wonderful man you see him as, why wasn't he sensing that there's "something wrong with Juliette"?

(08-05-2018, 10:04 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 06:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: If Nick is the stereotypical male, why the severe criticism of Juliette then?

I suspect that there are some people who identify with the stereotypical male.

And both of you just don't like it. Funny how you use the word "stereotypical". Seems you use it as a bad word. Is it?

(08-05-2018, 01:07 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 04:56 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Thats why, you analyze the characters presented on the screen, not what you wished for.

That is what I'm doing. Except that you can't really critique what a character did if you have no concept of the character should have done.

I'm fairly certain that it was never "writers' intent" for Nick to be a total relationship doofus, but there were at most maybe a half dozen Nick/Juliette scenes in the entire series that didn't make me want to hit Nick over the head with something.

I do recall, I myself made a comment about Nick deserving an NCIS Jethro "back of the head" slap.

(08-05-2018, 07:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: There's a scene where Eve talks about not being able to forgive Juliette for all of the bad things she's done. That includes of course, the obvious things the audience sees as bad.

But what if Eve is also talking about not being able to forgive Juliette for the time she spent with Nick and had nothing to show for it? I can't tell you how many women I know who start off with, "I can never forgive myself for wasting years on (insert name here) and putting up with his sh+t! Juliette wasted a lot of time and effort on Nick. I can see where Eve might look at that as just another thing she can't forgive Juliette for.

Everyone thinks Juliette's hexenbiest was a terrible thing. In some ways, I think it gave her an insight she never would have had as a human. Could you imagine her 20 years later, hanging with Nick and still having nothing to show for it?

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You. Do we need any more proof of your delusions? Thanks again for confirming it with this post.

(08-05-2018, 07:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: Eve had no good words for her Juliette counterpart. I would think that if Juliette and Nick were a good thing, Eve would have, at the very least, made a comment about it.

(08-05-2018, 07:35 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Well, Eve is rather emphatic that she wouldn't go back to the way things were even if she could, so I don't think that possibility can be ruled out. We just can't quantify what percentage of her total regrets it might represent.

I am perplexed. Did both of you miss the scene when Eve threatens someone to be ware of her if any harm should come to Nick or Kelly? Did she do that because she regretted wasting time with Nick as Juliette?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 08-06-2018

(08-05-2018, 08:37 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Eve was clearly talking about the obvious bad stuff and not her time with Nick. Her not wanting to go back doesn't mean she regrets. It just means she's moved on.

Besides, Juliette's time with Nick led to her becoming Eve so she can't regret it if she truly meant what she said in "Where the Wild Things Were".

First off, I want to make this very clear. I never said Eve wasn't talking about the obvious bad stuff. However, and if you notice, after she talks about the bad things that have happened to her and the bad things she's done, she doesn't quantify it all by stating, "except for you, Nick. Your love got me through it all."

What she goes on to say is that when they were together she only knew a part of who he was and *he* only knew a part of who he was.

Second, when I speak of her statement, I am saying that there is the possibility that Eve looked back at her time with Nick (as Juliette) and considered it a waste. She knows he loved her but what good is that if neither of them knows who *he* is? If, as speculated, Nick is a stereotypical male who's self-centered, then what would she have gotten out of that? A woman would look at that kind of thing and think it was terrible. She would blame herself, not the guy, which is what Juliette did.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-06-2018

It's entirely possible to still care about and be protective of an ex even if you look back on your former relationship as a mistake. Especially if you're now an operative of a govt black operation that considers him a valuable potential asset.

I think Nick was more ignorant than self-centered. His instinct toward Juliette was more protective than possessive, but he had this kind of superhero complex that led him to the startlingly absurd belief that she was somehow less exposed to danger if she didn't know about it.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 08-06-2018

(08-06-2018, 06:07 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It's entirely possible to still care about and be protective of an ex even if you look back on your former relationship as a mistake. Especially if you're now an operative of a govt black operation that considers him a valuable potential asset.

I think Nick was more ignorant than self-centered. His instinct toward Juliette was more protective than possessive, but he had this kind of superhero complex that led him to the startlingly absurd belief that she was somehow less exposed to danger if she didn't know about it.

Did you see the season 3, 4 & 5? or just 1, 2 & 3? Actually, he did try to tell her in S1, E22. Did you read my post #220 & #223? on this thread?

OK, class ts over. We are done, time to go home, move along.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 08-06-2018

(08-06-2018, 04:06 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 08:37 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Eve was clearly talking about the obvious bad stuff and not her time with Nick. Her not wanting to go back doesn't mean she regrets. It just means she's moved on.

Besides, Juliette's time with Nick led to her becoming Eve so she can't regret it if she truly meant what she said in "Where the Wild Things Were".

First off, I want to make this very clear. I never said Eve wasn't talking about the obvious bad stuff. However, and if you notice, after she talks about the bad things that have happened to her and the bad things she's done, she doesn't quantify it all by stating, "except for you, Nick. Your love got me through it all."

What she goes on to say is that when they were together she only knew a part of who he was and *he* only knew a part of who he was.

Second, when I speak of her statement, I am saying that there is the possibility that Eve looked back at her time with Nick (as Juliette) and considered it a waste. She knows he loved her but what good is that if neither of them knows who *he* is? If, as speculated, Nick is a stereotypical male who's self-centered, then what would she have gotten out of that? A woman would look at that kind of thing and think it was terrible. She would blame herself, not the guy, which is what Juliette did.

Juliette not wanting to go back doesn't mean she considered it a waste. I remember that Lois & Clark show from the 90s where kids took drugs to become smarter. They asked Superman if he would go back to being a kid if he could and he responded by saying no because he's already been one and he's moved on. I'm certain he didn't regret his childhood and saw it as a waste of time. Juliette didn't give off any impression of disgust from her time with Nick. She also mentioned how everything they've been through were leading to this moment and she didn't imply it was a bad thing.

As for Nick's character, I saw someone mentioned he may have been written as the stereotypical male at times but I didn't see the term "self-centered" being used anywhere. Nor did I see Juliette believing it either. She threatened Adalind not to hurt him and not the other way around.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 08-06-2018

(08-06-2018, 06:07 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It's entirely possible to still care about and be protective of an ex even if you look back on your former relationship as a mistake. Especially if you're now an operative of a govt black operation that considers him a valuable potential asset.

It's not only possible but is a reality. However, you have people on the forum who believe Juliette treated Nick coldly and was aloof toward him. They didn't change their opinions once she became a hexenbiest. In point of fact, they reinforced their opinion of her.

I personally don't think she treated him coldly while she was human, however, once she became a hexenbiest and he became aware she was a hexenbiest, things changed drastically between them. Eve is still a hexenbiest and while the Juliette side isn't surfacing, she remembers everything Nick did as well as what she did. She also voiced to Adalind that she was going to protect Nick, but I don't necessarily get the vibe that that's the result of some hidden love for him. I can see her motive as more of a practical one.

(08-06-2018, 07:14 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Did you see the season 3, 4 & 5? or just 1, 2 & 3? Actually, he did try to tell her in S1, E22. Did you read my post #220 & #223? on this thread?

Yes, I did, but apparently you weren't paying attention when I said that S01 created an undercurrent of mistrust. That obviously got better as long as Nick kept Juliette constantly "in the loop," but it resurfaced briefly when she viewed the obvious signs of something happening in their bed without her, and once her mind was warped by her transformation into a hexenbiest, it exploded beyond all reason.

(08-06-2018, 09:15 AM)irukandji Wrote: However, you have people on the forum who believe Juliette treated Nick coldly and was aloof toward him. They didn't change their opinions once she became a hexenbiest. In point of fact, they reinforced their opinion of her.

Funny thing about that is, even Nick, whose relationship chops I have no great admiration for, acknowledged that his life as a grimm had imposed a lot on Juliette when he was telling Monroe his thoughts about trying to get it back.

So as cluelsss as I thought Nick was when it came to his relationship with Juliette, he apparently was still better than some people.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 08-06-2018

(08-06-2018, 09:55 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Yes, I did, but apparently you weren't paying attention when I said that S01 created an undercurrent of mistrust. That obviously got better as long as Nick kept Juliette constantly "in the loop," but it resurfaced briefly when she viewed the obvious signs of something happening in their bed without her, and once her mind was warped by her transformation into a hexenbiest, it exploded beyond all reason

Can you elaborate on the statement above? I am a simple man with a simple mindset and this statement makes no sense to me. What "signs of something happening in her bed"?

Are you referring to the one night he went for a walk, got called out on a case. Came home late and slept on the sofa?

No, I'm referring to the day of Monroe and Rosalee's wedding, when she found the signs that sex had occurred: a rumpled bed and lingerie on the floor (and if you've ever walked into a bedroom soon after people have had sex in it, you'll know what other signs there would have been that don't get mentioned on TV shows).

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 08-07-2018

(08-06-2018, 08:57 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Juliette not wanting to go back doesn't mean she considered it a waste. I remember that Lois & Clark show from the 90s where kids took drugs to become smarter. They asked Superman if he would go back to being a kid if he could and he responded by saying no because he's already been one and he's moved on. I'm certain he didn't regret his childhood and saw it as a waste of time. Juliette didn't give off any impression of disgust from her time with Nick. She also mentioned how everything they've been through were leading to this moment and she didn't imply it was a bad thing.

Juliette didn't give off any impression of disgust from her time with Nick, that much is true. On the other hand, I don't recall her remembering the past with Nick fondly either. If his love meant that much to her, she never gave even the slightest hint of it. I would think she would make some kind of comment that at least they had some happiness together, but she didn't.

(08-06-2018, 08:57 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: As for Nick's character, I saw someone mentioned he may have been written as the stereotypical male at times but I didn't see the term "self-centered" being used anywhere. Nor did I see Juliette believing it either. She threatened Adalind not to hurt him and not the other way around.

I used the term, self-centered, because Nick is self-centered. Take the infamous rape scene between him and Adalind. Nick should have seen some red flags that day when "Juliette" came back from her hair appointment and wanted sex. It was the day of Monroe's wedding. They were getting ready. He had an important role as best man. Something should have "felt" wrong to him when she came back, changing their plans. Instead he hopped right into the sack with Adalind. Not because she wanted it. He did, without question. That's self-centered.

What's even more telling is that Adalind herself knew it. Otherwise she never would have tried such a daring stunt.