Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 10:22 AM)brandon Wrote: What stereotype?

If he's not a tv stereotypical male, why then didn't Nick clue in to how odd "Juliette" was acting? I get that he might not be able to tell this was someone else he was having an afternoon delight with. But if he's truly the good and wonderful man you see him as, why wasn't he sensing that there's "something wrong with Juliette"?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 08-05-2018

Is human.
Not Superman.
Not Dr Strange.
Not PSE.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 04:56 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Thats why, you analyze the characters presented on the screen, not what you wished for.

That is what I'm doing. Except that you can't really critique what a character did if you have no concept of the character should have done.

I'm fairly certain that it was never "writers' intent" for Nick to be a total relationship doofus, but there were at most maybe a half dozen Nick/Juliette scenes in the entire series that didn't make me want to hit Nick over the head with something.

(08-05-2018, 12:07 PM)brandon Wrote: Is human.

So's Juliette and I've read your opinion of her. I have yet to read why you believe Nick is the better human of the two.

I consider him a better person than Juliette and he made mistakes like anybody.
Nothing is perfect.

(08-04-2018, 09:56 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The grimm business aside, Nick is still one of those typical TV males. They don't know the proper way to load a dishwasher, when they run laundry someone's whites always come out pink and they don't know what the right answer is to "does this make me look fat?" They're oversexed, insensitive, bumbling man-children who escape being divorced, dumped or turned into social outcasts every episode by the skin of their teeth, thanks to the women in their lives who take mercy on them and shrug off their endless flaws. Think Tim Taylor or Homer Simpson with monsters.

There's a scene where Eve talks about not being able to forgive Juliette for all of the bad things she's done. That includes of course, the obvious things the audience sees as bad.

But what if Eve is also talking about not being able to forgive Juliette for the time she spent with Nick and had nothing to show for it? I can't tell you how many women I know who start off with, "I can never forgive myself for wasting years on (insert name here) and putting up with his sh+t! Juliette wasted a lot of time and effort on Nick. I can see where Eve might look at that as just another thing she can't forgive Juliette for.

Everyone thinks Juliette's hexenbiest was a terrible thing. In some ways, I think it gave her an insight she never would have had as a human. Could you imagine her 20 years later, hanging with Nick and still having nothing to show for it?

Thats what Juliette thinking about being a "Hexenbiest".
I think so.
Eve nothing said good.

Eve had no good words for her Juliette counterpart. I would think that if Juliette and Nick were a good thing, Eve would have, at the very least, made a comment about it.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-05-2018

Well, Eve is rather emphatic that she wouldn't go back to the way things were even if she could, so I don't think that possibility can be ruled out. We just can't quantify what percentage of her total regrets it might represent.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 08-05-2018

Eve was clearly talking about the obvious bad stuff and not her time with Nick. Her not wanting to go back doesn't mean she regrets. It just means she's moved on.

Besides, Juliette's time with Nick led to her becoming Eve so she can't regret it if she truly meant what she said in "Where the Wild Things Were".