Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 03:22 PM)syscrash Wrote: This left each character with and excuse of plausible denial. Even though the writers had both character admit they where involved with trying to kill Kelly's sister. But even that the writers provided an excuse buy framing it in the context of a wesen going after a Grimm because of the key. Something perfectly acceptable in the wesen community. Even Kelly was shown to understand and accept that reasoning.

This is interesting to me, syscrash. In your opinion, would Kelly's death be something that is perfectly acceptable in the wesen community?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Henry of green - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 04:38 AM)syscrash Wrote: There is a problem with your assumptions. for one the show stated the property that the trailer was on was in Juliette name. For Nick to charge her with arson he would have to prove the trailer was his and he was renting the land from her. The problem with filling an arson claim is someone would have to investigate the trailer which would expose wesen secrets. The wesen catch twenty two.

The wesen council would not have a problem with dropping the statue on Adlind because no one would suspect it was caused by Juliette or any other wesen. They also do not have a problem with wesen killing other wesen no matter the reason.

The bar fight. The only problem the council might have is that she woged. But the guy was the only one who saw her. But then there are a number of episode where wesen used their woged to intimidate someone. which goes to the theory that woging is handled on a case by case bases. As for why she was arrested. When ever there is a confrontation it is asked who wants to press charges. She was in jail so we know he pressed charges. We don't know if she also pressed charges. As for damages, that makes no sense because if asked how she borke the lights no one would have an answer.

You can't just use your feelings about a character. to try an justify how the law would apply. As for what happened to Kelly. You may feel she is guilty. But if you watch the show you will see the writers left room for plausible denial. You may feel that someone has an obligation to report a crime. but actually you are not legally required to report. If asked if you have knowledge of a crime you are then obligated to tell what you know. There is also the excuse of Juliette having a fear of retribution.

Emotionally you may have a point but not legally either by wesen law or kersite law. If you watch you will see the writers made sure there was a way out for juliette. If for no onther reason they intended to have her work with the group.

Syscrash, what you stated above about the trailer land being in Juliettes name is a false statement, the show never once hinted it was anyone but Nicks land, once again you are thinking more about what you wished the writers wrote instead of what they actually wrote.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - syscrash - 03-13-2018

Quote:You know, this post just proves that you are an idiot. If you think starting a fire in a wooded area is the same as bulldozing your own house, proves you are just stupid or a kid masquerading as an adult.

Better yet, take a walk to your local firehouse and tell them the same and see what their response is. Even better, find a forest firefighter and see what his response will be.
I posted, that starting an uncontrolled fire in the woods would be a crime. The comparison i was making between bulldozing a house and burring the trailer was that they both where a way of destroying property. The bulldozing of a building something I have done and did not need a permit. When you have 10 acres of land in the middle of no where. there are a lot of things you can do. From riding dirt bikes and buggies. To blowing things up and shooting automatic rifles. The only complaints you get is from the forestry service if they feel you a destroying the land. That means if you smash a car or house with a bulldozer. You have to also clean up the mess an remove the debris.

There are a number of ways of blowing things up the do not require regulated explosives. Yes we have had the sheriff come out there and ask what we are doing. They wondered if we where terrorist or anarchist planning something. when they realized we where just a bunch of drunk idiots there words not mine,they just left and warned us to be careful and not hurt anyone. But that is why I bought the land. the things you can do out there would land you in jail if you where in the city.

Our latest project consist of two jato rockets and a quarter mile of track.

Quote:Syscrash, what you stated above about the trailer land being in Juliettes name is a false statement, the show never once hinted it was anyone but Nicks land, once again you are thinking more about what you wished the writers wrote instead of what they actually wrote.
if you watch season 4 episode 1 where Nick takes hank to the trailer in the woods for the first time.
Hank: How'd you find this place?
Nick: A friend of Juliette's is a real estate agent. I told her I wanted a few acres that were hard to get to and not easy to find. It has no address, and it's not in my name.

So yes it does not say it is in Juliette's name. But who else name could it be in. You have to register the dead in someone name. That someone would then own the property. So it would have to be someone he trust.
Now there is the argument that anyone that was looking for Nick would know about Juliette. But that does not mean they would know her last name.

Quote:This is interesting to me, syscrash. In your opinion, would Kelly's death be something that is perfectly acceptable in the wesen community?
why would the council care about a wesen killing a Grimm. The whole point is Grimm and wesen are enemies, Nick being the exception. Most wesen Nick encounters try and kill him.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 12:20 AM)syscrash Wrote: why would the council care about a wesen killing a Grimm. The whole point is Grimm and wesen are enemies, Nick being the exception. Most wesen Nick encounters try and kill him.

I don't know why the council would care either, but if you read the question, you would see I didn't ask about the council. I asked about the wesen community. Here's my question:

Quote:This is interesting to me, syscrash. In your opinion, would Kelly's death be something that is perfectly acceptable in the wesen community?

I personally think Kelly's death would have been perfectly acceptable to the wesen community. What I don't think would be acceptable would be the unwanted attention her death might bring to the wesen community.

Since there was nothing wesen about her death I don't see it as and issue of bringing attention. I see Nick as the one needing to answer a bunch of questions. The big one being who was she. But that assumes they did not use their claws and fangs on her.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 03-13-2018

Her death was covered up.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - New Guy - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 04:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: Her death was covered up.
Iruk,
That may qualify for the Understatement of the Day Award! LOL Big Grin
N G

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 09:24 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 04:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: Her death was covered up.
Iruk,
That may qualify for the Understatement of the Day Award! LOL Big Grin
N G

Gees NG, I guess, back in 2015, you missed the New York Times headline. "Kelly Burkhardt, a Grimm, Killed by the evil Witch/Bitch, Juliette, in her own house after she burned down the trailer she owned on the land she owned. In addition to the five thousand acres of Oregon's woods that burned, She also owned. ". Ahh! Probably nobody reads that fake news paper these days.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - eric - 03-13-2018

IMO, Nick probably set up a shell corporation to launder his money and buy the land. This is a fairly easy thing to do, it is used in a lot of business and criminal activity.

Setting up hidden shell companies is not easy because of racketeering laws. Setting up a shell company known as a LLC that is easy but it is public and anyone can find out who owns it. Remember you move more then nine thousand dollars. The IRS is notified about who and why it was moved. Also you can not just walk into some where with a briefcase full of case and buy something. You will be asked to go get a cashiers check. Companies need to maintain an audit trail. Yes companies do make these kind of transactions under the table, but they are illegal. Since they are illegal you are charged a lot for a company to take the risk. What they show in TV and movies makes for an interesting story line but are not based on how it really works.