Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 07-25-2018

WOW, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Imagine if we were all being judged like Adalind by speaking what we believe as being liars. Aren't opinions about what we believe? Are people expressing opinions all liars?

Like some other poster said. This second pregnancy Adalind was experiencing was a completely different scenario. If anyone is unable to distinguish between the two pregnancies she was experiencing, what Can I say, except. What were you watching? What she believed is what she believed. Being wrong is not the lie. The lie part is when a belief is proven wrong and that person keeps insisting on that same belief..

I am probably the number one contributor accused of calling some other posters opinions as lies but that is just another lie. I never said opinions are lies. I call the fake facts that some opinions are based on as the lies, not the opinions. Those opinions are just baseless. May I explain?

Here is a great example, by some, on how an opinion based on a fake fact (a lie) becomes another fake fact that never occurred. This repetitive idea that Adalind betrayed Nick and the gang by not revealing what Kenneth and Verat was about to do with Juliette in tow.

Quote:Several people have point out, that Adalind did not tell Nick what Kenneth was up to. Could it be she did not tell him, because she felt Kenneth was her best option to get Diana back to Portland. Remember when Nick returned from the attack. Adalind only concern was that Nick did not get Diana.

When Adalind was last seen with Kenneth was just before she went to the police station to tell Nick she was carrying his child. At that point, she might have had the idea of Juliette being bailed out by Ken but who knew how Juliette would react. Even when Ken confronts Juliette after she is out, she is apprehensive.

Kenneth was gambling on her turning against the Grimm but had no clue if he would succeed and to what extent. He had no clue if Nick or Juliette could even get in touch with Kelly. As I recall, later on, Maybe it was a Verat agent that said, he was shocked how far she would go. How could Adalind ever be able to warn Nick and company of Kenneth's plans if even Kenneth had no idea on how things would unfold. Let alone if she would even align herself with the Royal family.

So, this whole so called claim of a fact, that Adalind betrayed Nick and the rest by not telling them what Ken was planning, is a great example of a fake fact turned into a baseless opinion that is claimed as factual in itself.

Again, the opinion is not the lie. The lie is the improvised fake logic that are the basis of a baseless opinion claimed as a fact. It doesn't matter how many times these contributors keeps repeating this big arse lie. Repetition of a fake fact based on an opinion based on another fake fact, does not make it the truth.

Adalind never betrayed Nick and the gang by not telling them of Kennett's plans because she had no idea on what was about to unfold, including Ken. The only ones that did were the writers.

Adalind believed what she was expressing based on her belies of her current situations to be true. Hence, she was NOT lying.

(07-24-2018, 03:50 AM)syscrash Wrote: dicappatore the drunk analogy was very apropo. The one difference I see is a drink thinks they have the ability to back up their actions. A hexenbiest has the ability to back up their actions.

WOW, it is possible to also agree with you. I also agree on your point in case I wasn't clear enough to express it as you just did.

I am sure you meant to say "I see a drunk thinks" instead of "I see a drink thinks"

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-25-2018

And that's why I posed the questions. If Adalind was in control all along, she wouldn't have needed to make a statement to Rosalee in the first place, would she?

(07-24-2018, 10:22 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: But if she thinks that influence is control...

At any rate, in the end Adalind's powers - and presumably her "hexenbiest spirit" came back when the potion wore off. And she didn't let it change her. So if it was control, it wasn't very powerful control, was it?

If Adalind was telling the truth why would the hexenbiest need to be in control at that point? Adalind was no longer vital to the series as an evil witch in seasons 5 and 6. Instead she was relegated to the fome with her baby and then to the mansion with her children. She ended up back in the fome with her children. Then the series ended.

On the other hand, if Adalind was lying, no further explanation is needed. Who's going to question why her evil hexenbiest side hasn't surfaced?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - eric - 07-25-2018

As a person who used to drink way too much, I know now that while I might be able to keep my Mr Hyde in check today, I choose not to just to be safe. I think Adeline did not want to regain her hex spirit because she did not want it to return. She seemed to know how hard it was to resist the spirit, which could make her an very unpleasant person. Now that she has 2 children, she does not want to be like her mom, who saw her daughter as usefull as long as she had her powers, when Adeline lost her's she was kicked to the curb. Heck, mommy dearest didn't even suggest the ritual to restore Adeline's powers, probably because it was too expensive.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Waldfrau - 07-25-2018

I agree on Catherine Schade's attitude. Even if she had the opportunity to help Adalind regain her powers she likely wouldn't have helped because she blamed Adalind for her loss ("I also taught her to keep her mouth shut.") and she likely thought Adalind wasn't worth it after she had failed so badly.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 07-25-2018

(07-25-2018, 07:07 AM)eric Wrote: As a person who used to drink way too much, I know now that while I might be able to keep my Mr Hyde in check today, I choose not to just to be safe. I think Adeline did not want to regain her hex spirit because she did not want it to return. She seemed to know how hard it was to resist the spirit, which could make her an very unpleasant person. Now that she has 2 children, she does not want to be like her mom, who saw her daughter as usefull as long as she had her powers, when Adeline lost her's she was kicked to the curb. Heck, mommy dearest didn't even suggest the ritual to restore Adeline's powers, probably because it was too expensive.

eric, don't forget the real big cost and item to acquire (a Hex beating heart) to go with the restoration of a Hex. Another Hex has to die (sacrificed) for it. I just can't see too many Hex's lining up to help a fellow ex-Hex to get it back. Stefania (a Gypsy Queen), a non-Hex or Wesen had to trick Frau Pouch, a non willing participant to get Adalind's Hex back

Of all the criticism so may Nadalind haters bitch about. All you hear is how she suckered in Nick and screwed Juliette out of her boy-toy. If they were actual unbiased objective critics of Adalind, the act of getting her Hex back should be foremost of her evil doings. You hear plenty of comments about her getting her Hex back but no one hardly mentions at what cost it took to get it back.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 07-25-2018

(07-25-2018, 08:23 AM)Waldfrau Wrote: I agree on Catherine Schade's attitude. Even if she had the opportunity to help Adalind regain her powers she likely wouldn't have helped because she blamed Adalind for her loss ("I also taught her to keep her mouth shut.") and she likely thought Adalind wasn't worth it after she had failed so badly.

I think this is why Adalind was so desperate to get her Hexenbiest back the first time. She felt so powerless and worthless without it. Her entire self-worth was tied up with being a Hexenbiest. The people who were closest to her undoubtedly contributed to her feeling this way. That all changed when she had her children and realized there were more important things in the world.

I'm now reminded of what Rosalee said to Juliette about how she would give up being a Fuchsbau to be with Monroe if required. Honestly, I didn't like that she said that because I feel like some shows have a tendency to tell us to give up a huge part of our identity to be with someone but that doesn't change what happened and Rosalee obviously felt her love for Monroe was stronger than her need to be a Hexenbiest. Anyway, this relates to Adalind not wanting the Hexenbiest back the second time around. She was terrified it would compromise the new family she was trying to build.

I didn't get the impression that Adalind went overseas to get her hexenbiest back in an effort to impress her mother. I've always viewed Adalind as being rather selfish. To me, she's always been about herself. I don't count her children in this because there are plenty of selfish people out there who continue to be selfish but still make great mothers.

As for Catherine, I'm not so sure she's the big bad witch in all of this.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Waldfrau - 07-25-2018

(07-25-2018, 09:39 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Her entire self-worth was tied up with being a Hexenbiest.
Yep, that makes sense, it was the only thing her mother trained her to be and she was still young and might have realized along the way that there were other things in life than being a hexenbiest. I think she grew up a bit.

Not saying she isn't still somewhat selfish and she didn't change over night. It was still pretty selfish to take Nick's grimm powers because he helped to smuggle Diana out.

(07-25-2018, 11:14 AM)Waldfrau Wrote: Not saying she isn't still somewhat selfish and she didn't change over night. It was still pretty selfish to take Nick's grimm powers because he helped to smuggle Diana out.

Maybe I'm missing something here but where did Adalind display unfailing generosity?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-25-2018

(07-25-2018, 11:14 AM)Waldfrau Wrote: It was still pretty selfish to take Nick's grimm powers because he helped to smuggle Diana out.

Adalind called Viktor thinking he had Diana and Viktor played her by making that his price for letting her be with her baby. The fact that Nick was part of the plot that took Diana certainly made it easier for her to do it, but it wasn't something she did solely for revenge.

As far as Adalind changing, I'd call the moment when she was about to cut herself to open the mirror and go in after Eve alone because she thought she was the only one who could qualified as a pretty selfless act.