Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-24-2018

The amount of time Adalind had to bond with Diana was less than two weeks (she was "about ten days" old when they arrived in Portland, and they were there for no more than a couple of days before Nick's mom absconded with Diana). During that time they were running for their lives and everyone around her had some kind of ulterior motive. After Diana was taken, she was probably more fixated on the idea of Diana than anything else. Her goal was to get Diana back and then...???

OTOH, when Adalind was carrying Kelly, she was surrounded by people who were actually taking risks to protect her without ulterior motives, and after Kelly was born she was taken in by Nick, who promised her he'd try to find Diana, and more or less "adopted" as a friend by the rest of the scoobies, despite her past history as their enemy. IOW, an entirely new life was laid out before her, and it probably looked a whole lot better then having her powers and being alone in the world or having her powers and Diana and being on the run from the royals and the verrat ever had.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-24-2018

(07-24-2018, 08:55 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: That's the point I was trying to make so that's why I didn't think Adalind was lying. The end result didn't erase what she really felt at the time.

The recent posts indicate to me that Adalind is not lying and the hexenbiest is not in control of her thoughts and feelings. They both can't be true. If she says the hexenbiest is in control and you believe she is not lying, then the hexenbiest is in control.

Adalind telling the truth just means that what she says is what she really believes. Whether what she believes is correct is another matter. There are lots of people who honestly believe in things that are utter BS, why can't a hexenbiest?

Adalind has direct experience with the hexenbiest spirit. It's a part of her, but the audience also knows the spirit is capable of making choices. She wouldn't voice a belief that the spirit controls her.
She would know the spirit controls her.

Millions of people worldwide believe that when they commit acts they consider evil or otherwise "sinful," it's because a renegade angel has taken control of them, and that an invisible spirit enters them to cleanse them of that renegade angel.

There's a difference. Adalind's hexenbiest spirit is not a religious belief. It's real and resides within her. It's a part of her being. It cannot exist without its host.

What I don't get is why there's such skepticism about her statement to Rosalee. Why would it be so incomprehensible that something like that could control her?

Adalind lost her original "hexenbiest spirit" and her personality didn't seem to change much at all. Then she merely suppressed her second one, and when the powers came back she didn't revert from her new mommy persona back to an evil scheming wicked witch. So I think it's possible that the "hexenbiest spirit" could exert an influence on its host, but not one that the host has no power to resist.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 07-24-2018

(07-24-2018, 11:24 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The amount of time Adalind had to bond with Diana was less than two weeks (she was "about ten days" old when they arrived in Portland, and they were there for no more than a couple of days before Nick's mom absconded with Diana). During that time they were running for their lives and everyone around her had some kind of ulterior motive. After Diana was taken, she was probably more fixated on the idea of Diana than anything else. Her goal was to get Diana back and then...???

OTOH, when Adalind was carrying Kelly, she was surrounded by people who were actually taking risks to protect her without ulterior motives, and after Kelly was born she was taken in by Nick, who promised her he'd try to find Diana, and more or less "adopted" as a friend by the rest of the scoobies, despite her past history as their enemy. IOW, an entirely new life was laid out before her, and it probably looked a whole lot better then having her powers and being alone in the world or having her powers and Diana and being on the run from the royals and the verrat ever had.

That doesn't change what Adalind felt about Diana. Her attachment to her was written as instantaneous to her birth. She no longer had interest in selling her and wouldn't give her up even it it meant her death.

I don't know what her plan was after getting Diana back. We've had plenty of conversations on the forum about Adalind not being a long-term planner. I still don't know what she was going to do if she recovered Diana with the help of Viktor. Adalind usually did what she felt she felt was right at the time.

Not to mention, Adalind didn't have Nick and crew around her for the birth of Diana but she did have Meisner and Sebastian who made sacrifices to help her. It may have been for the mission but that would've made no difference to Adalind as long as she had people to protect her.

I don't see Adalind as a person who's easily terrified by influence.

But if she thinks that influence is control...

At any rate, in the end Adalind's powers - and presumably her "hexenbiest spirit" came back when the potion wore off. And she didn't let it change her. So if it was control, it wasn't very powerful control, was it?