Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-22-2018

(07-22-2018, 02:20 PM)syscrash Wrote: If being a hexenbiest controls you. Then what was different about Adalind before Tony compared with after Tony. Not much could have changed, Nick did not even know she was a hexenbiest again. I am not saying that hexenbiest are peace loving turn the other cheek types. They all show they know they are a force to be reckoned with. They just not shown having the need to prove it. They are not shown being a dominating force. They tend to prefer to work in the shadows, be covert. That is the biggest difference I see between zauberbiest and hexenbiest. Both zauberbiest had Alpha type personalities. Something we never say in the hexenbiest, even Eve, or Diana never showed the desire to want power and control.

I understand what you're saying. But what I'm saying is that Adalind indicated that the hexenbiest is in control and not in a good way. If it's merely a question of hexenbiests preferring to work in the shadows, then Adalind is a liar. Furthermore, if Adalind's statement was untrue, Rosalee should have stepped right in and contradicted her, told her she was full of nonsense. Instead Rosalee believed her and offered to find a way to boost the suppressant

(07-22-2018, 02:20 PM)syscrash Wrote: The one thing I did notice is Adalind was not as arrogant when she did not have her powers. She was more constrained with Eric then she was with Sean. With her powers surpressed she was complient. Once they return she was empowered enough to walk into the mansion and make demands. Demands which she showed she had powers to back up. To me Adalind was saying with powers comes arrogance. Arrogance that has gotten her in trouble. That is what Adalind was scared of. That is what she was referring to, saying the hexenbiest would control her. I see it as had she not got her powers back, she would have never had what it takes to go to the mansion.

Adalind was arrogant when she went to Stefania and demanded a hexenbiest in return for her royal child. There was no hexenbiest controlling her at that point.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-22-2018

Seemed to me as if childbirth was what caused the most profound change in Adalind. In only a few days she seemed to go from having to be pried out of her hotel room where she was waiting to trade her unborn child for the return of her powers to blasting out car windows because her baby had been taken from her.

Possibly the single worst cliche of the entire series.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - syscrash - 07-22-2018

Quote:Adalind was arrogant when she went to Stefania and demanded a hexenbiest in return for her royal child. There was no hexenbiest controlling her at that point.
I don't think it is being a hexenbiest that is the problem. I think it is what she can do as a hexenbiest that is the problem. Just like when she went to Stafania, she was arrogant because she knew caring royal blood she had the power. Take the police station. when Juliette was starring her in the face, she had nothing to say. As soon as she was behind Nick she could not stop talking crap. And that is what she is afraid of. With having power she can not help but act out. actions which we have seen get her in trouble.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-23-2018

What she can do as a hexenbiest isn't the problem. If it were, she wouldn't have given up the suppression potion to the scoobies in the first place. She would have found another way to help them, like telling them what Kenneth was up to.

Instead she calls attention to her hexenbiest spirit by developing this potion to suppress it. She immediately takes the potion to prove that the biest can be suppressed. Yet after that, she never takes steps to develop some kind of magic spell or potion that could rid her of her hexenbiest forever.

So either Adalind figured there was no way out, and she was always going to be terrified of how she thought and felt as a hexenbiest.

Or, she was lying to Rosalee.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 07-23-2018

When she was pregnant Diana was human,not one "Hexenbiest".
Wanted to be again.
But then his daughter was born and she started experiencing other feelings,
go through various situations of suffering.
Mature but not for being a mother.
I have always believed that a mother is not born,it starts to be when you have your child.
there was a case of a murderous mother, that to all the children that the murderer.
At that time attribute it to sudden death but afterwards everything was discovered,
I read that some nurse suspected besides saying that this woman supported the baby differently

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 07-23-2018

(07-23-2018, 04:31 AM)irukandji Wrote: What she can do as a hexenbiest isn't the problem. If it were, she wouldn't have given up the suppression potion to the scoobies in the first place. She would have found another way to help them, like telling them what Kenneth was up to.

Instead she calls attention to her hexenbiest spirit by developing this potion to suppress it. She immediately takes the potion to prove that the biest can be suppressed. Yet after that, she never takes steps to develop some kind of magic spell or potion that could rid her of her hexenbiest forever.

So either Adalind figured there was no way out, and she was always going to be terrified of how she thought and felt as a hexenbiest.

Adalind suppressing her powers was the best way to survive in her mind. Juliette was after her and she already knows her powers are no match for Juliette who was just a novice when they had the biest fight. The only way she felt she could ensure her survival was to depower Juliette. Telling the scoobies what Kenneth was up to wouldn't have done that and I'm not sure what Kenneth was doing was at the forefront of her mind unless it involved Juliette coming directly after her.

There was no way of removing her biest spirit. The best thing she could come up with was the suppressant and she was convinced there was no way to remove her spirit. She and Rosalee couldn't come up with anything. They both figured it would be a waste of time plus Adalind still had a baby to take care of so it's not like she could devote all her time to it.

As for what Adalind said to Rosalee, there are people who are lying but there are also people who just give incorrect information. Adalind truly believed what she was saying. She wasn't lying. She was just wrong. We saw that Rosalee is the one that turned out to be correct when she told her that she may be worrying herself too much because she's not the person she used to be.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-23-2018

(07-23-2018, 09:58 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(07-23-2018, 04:31 AM)irukandji Wrote: What she can do as a hexenbiest isn't the problem. If it were, she wouldn't have given up the suppression potion to the scoobies in the first place. She would have found another way to help them, like telling them what Kenneth was up to.

Adalind suppressing her powers was the best way to survive in her mind. Juliette was after her and she already knows her powers are no match for Juliette who was just a novice when they had the biest fight. The only way she felt she could ensure her survival was to depower Juliette. Telling the scoobies what Kenneth was up to wouldn't have done that and I'm not sure what Kenneth was doing was at the forefront of her mind unless it involved Juliette coming directly after her.

There was no way of removing her biest spirit. The best thing she could come up with was the suppressant and she was convinced there was no way to remove her spirit. She and Rosalee couldn't come up with anything. They both figured it would be a waste of time plus Adalind still had a baby to take care of so it's not like she could devote all her time to it.

As for what Adalind said to Rosalee, there are people who are lying but there are also people who just give incorrect information. Adalind truly believed what she was saying. She wasn't lying. She was just wrong. We saw that Rosalee is the one that turned out to be correct when she told her that she may be worrying herself too much because she's not the person she used to be.

I think you're misunderstanding my intent when I posed the question about Adalind lying. I'm not criticizing her for doing so, I just believe that she would do anything to fight for herself and her baby. What's a lie in relation to that?

On the other hand, who of us really can state with any certainty that Adalind was wrong? She may have spent the rest of her days terrified of the hexenbiest.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-23-2018

When Adalind was a hexenbiest, or trying to regain her hexenbiest, she had no real friends and everything she did seemed to blow up disastrously in her face. Then she gets pregnant and takes that potion to suppress her powers, and all of a sudden everyone is protecting her, taking her into their homes to hide her, buying baby stuff for her, etc. Maybe it just hit her like a slap in the face that friends were better than powers.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - syscrash - 07-23-2018

Quote:Yet after that, she never takes steps to develop some kind of magic spell or potion that could rid her of her hexenbiest forever.
The question was asked about making more. It was stated they would need another body. That is why Roslee said that is all we've got.

Several people have point out, that Adalind did not tell Nick what Kenneth was up to. Could it be she did not tell him, because she felt Kenneth was her best option to get Diana back to Portland. Remember when Nick returned from the attack. Adalind only concern was that Nick did not get Diana.

About Adalind lying about what happens when she gets her powers back. I hypothesize that it is having power is what she is scared of. Having power gets her in trouble. Consider she gets her powers, goes back to the company that considers her powers an asset. A company in season one was seen taking companies. She also went to the mansion, and made demands of Sean. Would she have done any of that if she did not have her powers. If she had not got her powers back, Nick would have not had to rescue her from the mansion. Once again her having powers got her in trouble.

It is like the guy that learns martial arts, and now feels they can go to a bar and talk crap. Or the guy that gets a carry permit and now feels they do not need to avoid dark streets.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 07-23-2018

(07-23-2018, 11:08 AM)irukandji Wrote: I think you're misunderstanding my intent when I posed the question about Adalind lying. I'm not criticizing her for doing so, I just believe that she would do anything to fight for herself and her baby. What's a lie in relation to that?

On the other hand, who of us really can state with any certainty that Adalind was wrong? She may have spent the rest of her days terrified of the hexenbiest.

I don't know how Adalind lying about what the Hexenbiest does to a person would be beneficial to fighting for herself and her baby. She would only lie if she wanted Rosalee and Nick to believe her. It wouldn't be optimal if they wholeheartedly believed what she had to say because they would always be walking on eggshells around her at the very least. They would have the thought about Adalind being up to no good in the back of their minds.

Adalind may have still worried about the Hexenbiest in the future but there wasn't anything alarming happening since she got it back in the final season and a half. There was never a hint of her straying to the dark side. It's an assumption but I don't get the impression her Hexenbiest was a major problem for her in those twenty years.

(07-23-2018, 01:43 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: When Adalind was a hexenbiest, or trying to regain her hexenbiest, she had no real friends and everything she did seemed to blow up disastrously in her face. Then she gets pregnant and takes that potion to suppress her powers, and all of a sudden everyone is protecting her, taking her into their homes to hide her, buying baby stuff for her, etc. Maybe it just hit her like a slap in the face that friends were better than powers.

I think this was the key difference. Adalind finally had a group to support her instead of exploiting her. She was happier with the people she had in her life than her Hexenbiest. Adalind was just afraid to fall into old bad habits but her life had become completely different than it was before.

(07-23-2018, 04:01 PM)syscrash Wrote: About Adalind lying about what happens when she gets her powers back. I hypothesize that it is having power is what she is scared of. Having power gets her in trouble. Consider she gets her powers, goes back to the company that considers her powers an asset. A company in season one was seen taking companies. She also went to the mansion, and made demands of Sean. Would she have done any of that if she did not have her powers. If she had not got her powers back, Nick would have not had to rescue her from the mansion. Once again her having powers got her in trouble.

It is like the guy that learns martial arts, and now feels they can go to a bar and talk crap. Or the guy that gets a carry permit and now feels they do not need to avoid dark streets.

Adalind definitely gave off an absolute power corrupts absolutely vibe to me. It enabled her to act on her worst impulses. She was a former bad girl who was convinced she would be bad again if she had the ability to do so. Her circumstances changed but she didn't yet believe that she was able to change along with them. Adalind didn't think she could have that type of power and not be tempted to do something malicious with it.