Grimm Forum
Why did you originally start watching Grimm? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why did you originally start watching Grimm? (/Thread-Why-did-you-originally-start-watching-Grimm)

Why did you originally start watching Grimm? - GrimmForum - 02-17-2018

I started watching Grimm in the first season. I was interested in the show because it was filmed in Portland, and there was a lot of interest here in the local community. It's sad we no longer have this show here, but it left a memorable imprint in this city.

On one hand, i grew up with the scifi-mystery drama, and Grimm was a great fit. But for me, what made it was seeing Portland being fictionalized and portrayed on screen. I would also see people I know from time-to-time casted as extras, and sometimes small roles. It was exciting to see what would be next in an episode.

I'm curious community, what brought you into Grimm?

RE: Why did you originally start watching Grimm? - syscrash - 02-17-2018

It took me about three starts to get into the show. The first episode was so dark with the little girl being held captive. Twice I did not watch it to the end. It was weeks later reading reviews which where recounting some of the funny things that had happen on the show made give it another try. watched the first then the second and again stopped because it was not making sense. with out context the idea of wesen was ridiculous . The show was going into the second session when is saw a youtube Clip of the fight involving Nicks mothers. After watching that clip I got baked and binged watch the first season. About three episode in I got the premise of the show. The idea of each episode being based on a Grimm's fairy tale. It even made the first episode make sense.

By the time I got to season two I was hooked. Which was a good thing because the memory lose would have been a real turnoff had the show started there. Even now I feel they could have done without the story line. Other then that I got more and more into the show.

I know a lot of people do not like the Juliette transformation. But I was way into Arrow, Agent of Shield, and the other action character shows. So when the introduced Eve it fit right in with the other shows. It would have been nice if they had gave Eve more action scenes.

The way the ended it was Ok, I was expecting some really climatic ending with a big twist. It feel really short of my expectations but I was ok with it.

In conclusion I like the show. Have watch many of the scenes several time, even have the DVD. I have no regrets for getting into the show. Unlike Arrow, and Agent of shield which I gave up on after several seasons . I watched Grimm all the way to the end.

RE: Why did you originally start watching Grimm? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-18-2018

For most Portlanders, the real star of Grimm was always Portland.

RE: Why did you originally start watching Grimm? - rpmaluki - 02-18-2018

I watched for the fairytale premise with a Grimm the only one able to see those magical like creatures etc. By the end of the show, it made me want to visit Portland.

RE: Why did you originally start watching Grimm? - eric - 02-18-2018

I started from the first episode and hung in there to the end. The previews appealed to me. I watch a show for about 3 episodes, if no appeal, no watch. I started watching Last Man on Earth, loved the first episode, when it became Last Crowd on Earth, stopped and went elsewhere. I liked the WoW, liked how Nick and company developed. The "monster in all of us" concept appealed to me, reflected my experience in the real world.