Grimm Forum
Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? (/Thread-Nick-and-Company-Grimms-for-Hire)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - irukandji - 02-10-2018

(02-08-2018, 10:14 PM)eric Wrote: Okay, maybe I was being obtuse. I didn't say he would be invited to dinner, I said he would BE the dinner. I think Nick's trip was a lot more risky than your's, maybe not. It was secret, and the best kept secret is one known only by two and one is dead(old saying).Big Grin

This was never going to happen because it was such a poorly written episode, but what if something had happened to Nick over there? Should Renard have helped him then?

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - dicappatore - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 06:57 AM)brandon Wrote: if Nick was with another passport and identity it would not make sense to pay the tickets with the card that had.They would have done it in cash, as is usually done so as not to arouse suspicion or avoid something.
Nick would not accept money for dealing with any issue "Wesen".

brandon, for us viewers paying attention, Monroe used his uncle's name, Felix Dietrich and Nick used Rosalee's dead brother's name Frederick Calvert, as aliases, to travel to Germany. Since we did not see any credit cards created under those names with the good fake passports. Paying in cash is a good guess. And another good reason why, PPD did not pay for the trip. They were both dead and they were never cops.

Now, if they were on Welfare and/or Social Security when they were alive? Yea, maybe the government was paying for the trip, since they were getting a check from those agencies, while listed as dead. Otherwise, those other theories are all BS.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - eric - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 09:34 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 10:14 PM)eric Wrote: Okay, maybe I was being obtuse. I didn't say he would be invited to dinner, I said he would BE the dinner. I think Nick's trip was a lot more risky than your's, maybe not. It was secret, and the best kept secret is one known only by two and one is dead(old saying).Big Grin

This was never going to happen because it was such a poorly written episode, but what if something had happened to Nick over there? Should Renard have helped him then?
I assume you are referring to the attack by the locals when you say "This".What could Renard have done to help Nick? The time from talking to the priest to fleeing the tomb was a few hours at most. Unless Renard had Diana's power to project herself, he couldn't do a thing. As far as the writing goes, I think is better than some of the stuff I've read here.

(02-10-2018, 10:04 AM)eric Wrote:

I assume you are referring to the attack by the locals when you say "This".What could Renard have done to help Nick? The time from talking to the priest to fleeing the tomb was a few hours at most. Unless Renard had Diana's power to project herself, he couldn't do a thing. As far as the writing goes, I think is better than some of the stuff I've read here.

My question wasn't what Renard could have done to help Nick, it was should Renard have helped him?

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - eric - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 10:44 AM)irukandji Wrote:

My question wasn't what Renard could have done to help Nick, it was should Renard have helped him?
How would have helped? They used their own money, they got their own papers. If Renard had helped, he would have asked what was going on, which could have been dangerous.

(02-10-2018, 10:44 AM)irukandji Wrote:

How would Renard have helped? They used their own money, they got their own papers. If Renard had helped, he would have asked what was going on, which could have been dangerous.

(02-10-2018, 12:21 PM)eric Wrote: How would Renard have helped? They used their own money, they got their own papers. If Renard had helped, he would have asked what was going on, which could have been dangerous.

Let's say Meisner came out of the woodwork and reported to Renard that Nick and Monroe were trapped in Germany, no doubt trying to nab their little treasure.

Before Renard could do anything, he has to make the decision of whether or not to help Nick. Personally, he'd be smart just to let Nick rot over there. But, Renard kept Nick on the force as "his grimm". Even though that never panned out, should Renard attempt a rescue? I actually think he probably would have a way of getting them out of Germany, but should he? Does he owe that to Nick since he viewed Nick as a person he could use?

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-10-2018

HW was part of a global response to BC that appeared to include the anti royal resistance. They would have had more resources in Europe than Renard.

I don't believe it's an issue of whether HW had more resources than Renard or not. The fact that Renard had resources would have been enough.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-10-2018

What resources did Renard have in Europe - or anywhere else, for that matter - by S05? He lost Sebastian in S03, and by the beginning of S05 Meisner and the resistance were aligned with HW, so Tavitian was probably not there for him to call on anymore, either.

The closest thing Renard had to resources by S05, not counting his mother, was the scoobies, which made it a doubly stupid plot turn for him to join BC.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - irukandji - 02-11-2018

I've never really seen Renard as not having resources, have you?