Grimm Forum
Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? (/Thread-Nick-and-Company-Grimms-for-Hire)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - eric - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 11:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: I don't get where you feel quality of life automatically equals Diana being a princess. And for someone pointing fingers at me, you didn't provide one iota of evidence to show she was a princess.

Kelly and Diana are well fed, dressed in what is considered current apparel of the time. They're not hiding away in some broken down shack, but instead Kelly is sitting in an updated and tricked out Airstream, no doubt towed there by a newer model vehicle since it is 20 years later. They're still situated on Nick's tract of land, which tell me someone somewhere is still paying for it, or at least the taxes that apply to it. None of that comes free of charge. That's what I'm talking about by quality of life.
If you have a job that pays okay, you can be well fed, well dressed. As far as the taxes are concerned, I don't know what property taxes and a smallish trailer will cost in 20 years, but I'm sure between Diana, Kelly, probably Nick and Adeline, with help from the rest of the gang and their kids, it probably isn't a issue.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Hell Rell - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 10:26 AM)irukandji Wrote: I doubt that. I originally brought the kids into the debate with the preface that it's 20 years later and posed the question if they were being paid for their services. You yourself shot that down.

I shot it down because the two aren't comparable. Trubel and Kelly were known to be paid for their services, not all, but some. Diana and Kelly gave no indication they were being paid.

Unless they were doubly awful and stiffed the triplets on their share. Or perhaps, the triplets didn't even know Diana and Kelly were being paid. Those sneaky devils! There needs to be an investigation!

Or what's even more likely, doing Grimm work isn't what paid the bills. Why can't they have actual jobs like Nick and the others, including Renard?

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - rpmaluki - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 10:32 AM)irukandji Wrote: How about maintaining a certain quality of life?
So what do you mean by the statement above?

(02-06-2018, 11:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: I don't get where you feel quality of life automatically equals Diana being a princess. And for someone pointing fingers at me, you didn't provide one iota of evidence to show she was a princess.

Kelly and Diana are well fed, dressed in what is considered current apparel of the time. They're not hiding away in some broken down shack, but instead Kelly is sitting in an updated and tricked out Airstream, no doubt towed there by a newer model vehicle since it is 20 years later. They're still situated on Nick's tract of land, which tell me someone somewhere is still paying for it, or at least the taxes that apply to it. None of that comes free of charge. That's what I'm talking about by quality of life.
Diana is the daughter of a prince. Her grandfather, the king called her a princess. She doesn't have to live like one or even look like one (whatever that is) in order to be one. She was born a princess.

I will ask what the others have asked but received no answer what proof do you have that Nick was paid to do his grimm work unrelated to his detective work similar to Trubel and her HW situation or Kelly with the Resistance?

(02-04-2018, 02:33 PM)irukandji Wrote: It's obvious from the series that Nick was being paid by Renard to be a grimm. But flash forward 20 years and now we have the kids involved in the business. Are they, along with Nick, charging for wesen pest removal?
We know Nick was paid by the government even though he worked under Renard as a subordinate/detective. Sean wasn't paying Nick for anything from out of his own pocket (if you claim other wise, prove it). Nick didn't earn extra regular cash flow from outside his of his paycheck and a one-time gift of thanks from Bud (if you claim otherwise, prove it).

In 20 years, the kids are hunting wesen with Nick, you haven't proven Nick made personal financial gains from hunting wesen for the six years/123 episodes the show aired, and the kids are following his example as set by the show. Your "maintain their quality of life" statement makes it sound like they are making money of grimming. I brought up Diana being a princess because 1. If they are following Nick's example, he's never taken or asked for money when hunting wesen so why would they start now? 2. Diana IS a princess, if she wants to upgrade Nick's trailer-grimming operation with state of the art technology, we know from her paternal side of the family she will never want for anything, so nothing stops her from doing so.

It's still possible for Nick and maybe also Adalind to be responsible for the new trailer since it's full of Nick's stuff as well as Adalind's despite the kids using it.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - irukandji - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 11:43 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Or what's even more likely, doing Grimm work isn't what paid the bills. Why can't they have actual jobs like Nick and the others, including Renard?

When is being a grimm while on the job considered a regular job?

Grimming isn't remotely regular or enough to consider it a job like any other job unless you're Trubel who got paid for her servives, along with an unknown number of Grimms. Kelly went underground the day she took Diana and was no longer working with the Resistance.

Of course grimming isn't a regular job. So if Nick is passing on his grimming traits to the kids, why wouldn't they be able to make money from it just like he did?

(02-06-2018, 12:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: Of course grimming isn't a regular job. So if Nick is passing on his grimming traits to the kids, why wouldn't they be able to make money from it just like he did?
When did Nick make money out of his grimming?

(02-06-2018, 12:20 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 12:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: Of course grimming isn't a regular job. So if Nick is passing on his grimming traits to the kids, why wouldn't they be able to make money from it just like he did?

Wasn't he more grimm than cop?

(02-06-2018, 12:28 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 12:20 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:

Wasn't he more grimm than cop?
He was still paid for active duty as a cop. Whether he went grimming 10% of his time or 90% of his time, it didn't matter because the only salary he lived off came for the work he did as a detective for the Portland Police. It's not like he quit being a cop to pursue his life as a Grimm.

Again when did Nick make actual money from grimming specifically, if you disregard his "day job" of catching robbers or killers for the state that employed him as a public servant? In other words, if you take away his government paycheck, what is there for Nick to live off if all he did was Grimm work?

Not once did he ever get/ask for money directly from all the people he has saved in the 123 episodes of the show. We know he got paid as a detective, the state employed him as a cop, not a Grimm. My question stands, when did Nick ever make money off grimming (alone)? Which is the entire point of this discussion since you brought it up. Unless the kids have joined the force and become detectives just like Nick. Perhaps that's how they "make money" off the "business" as you called it.

HW hired Trubel as a Grimm. Kelly worked for the resistance as a Grimm. Nick was appointed as a detective for the Portland Police long before he became a Grimm and continued to work for them as such but later using his Grimm abilities to help catch/stop criminals.

The Royals including the reapers, Kenneth, Zerstörer are possibly the only ones that Nick ever dealt with on a strictly personal capacity (and Bonaparte to an extent) and Nick was never paid for any of that.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - dicappatore - 02-06-2018

Just to be sure I am not miss-understood by some contributors. All those references to fractional seasons and episodes above #22 were all sarcastic postings to ridicule the claims of some of these preposterous postings. This is to confirm those claims were pure fictional sarcasm and it is not a guarantee I won't be doing it again!