Grimm Forum
Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? (/Thread-Nick-and-Company-Grimms-for-Hire)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - eric - 02-11-2018

(02-10-2018, 10:04 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 06:57 AM)brandon Wrote: if Nick was with another passport and identity it would not make sense to pay the tickets with the card that had.They would have done it in cash, as is usually done so as not to arouse suspicion or avoid something.
Nick would not accept money for dealing with any issue "Wesen".

brandon, for us viewers paying attention, Monroe used his uncle's name, Felix Dietrich and Nick used Rosalee's dead brother's name Frederick Calvert, as aliases, to travel to Germany. Since we did not see any credit cards created under those names with the good fake passports. Paying in cash is a good guess. And another good reason why, PPD did not pay for the trip. They were both dead and they were never cops.

Now, if they were on Welfare and/or Social Security when they were alive? Yea, maybe the government was paying for the trip, since they were getting a check from those agencies, while listed as dead. Otherwise, those other theories are all BS.
Another possibility is they used a gift card or a reloadable card to pay for the tickets. Both look like a credit card and since they can be purchased with cash, they are basically untraceable. Very good for money laundering. Freddie had a lot of shady dealings, there probably some still in the Spice Shop.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Robyn - 02-11-2018

Quote:I've never really seen Renard as not having resources, have you?
In S4 Nick and team were his only allies. In S5, Renard didn’t have allies. BC was using him as a face and front man, and were only ‘allies’ as long as he was useful to them. Renard burned his bridge to the Resistance when he helped Kelly take Diana from them. Meisner was inclined to tell Renard in S5 that his father was dead and that Diana was safe from the Royals, but he didn’t feel obligated to return Diana to Renard. Meisner didn’t even bring Renard into HW’s fight against BC. Most of what Renard learned about HW’s operation came secondhand from Nick and BC members.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - irukandji - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 08:40 AM)Robyn Wrote:
Quote:I've never really seen Renard as not having resources, have you?
In S4 Nick and team were his only allies. In S5, Renard didn’t have allies. BC was using him as a face and front man, and were only ‘allies’ as long as he was useful to them. Renard burned his bridge to the Resistance when he helped Kelly take Diana from them. Meisner was inclined to tell Renard in S5 that his father was dead and that Diana was safe from the Royals, but he didn’t feel obligated to return Diana to Renard. Meisner didn’t even bring Renard into HW’s fight against BC. Most of what Renard learned about HW’s operation came secondhand from Nick and BC members.

Well, here we'll have to agree to disagree, Robyn. I see Renard as a character who'll always have resources at his disposal. He got off the hook with a judge who ruled in his favor in S5.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Robyn - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 08:48 AM)irukandji Wrote: Well, here we'll have to agree to disagree, Robyn. I see Renard as a character who'll always have resources at his disposal. He got off the hook with a judge who ruled in his favor in S5.
The judge was one of the few surviving BC members in Portland. Renard was expected to dispose of the Grimm and his people, and continue BC’s political coup as mayor. When he failed, BC sent assassins to take him out. The only person watching his back was Meisner’s spirit, who wasn’t there to remind him of what he once was, but that he only had one option available if he wanted to survive - choose the right side, which was Nick.

The S5/S6 Renard was a shell of his former self. Renard had not only lost his emotional hold over Adalind, she willingly gave that emotional control to his enemy. It seems that if Renard had resources in S6, he would have used them against Nick instead of rolling over while Nick shoved him back into the captain’s chair that no longer held any authority.

I’m right there with you, irukandji, that Renard should have had self-made resources and options in S5 & S6, but he didn’t. In S5, Renard became to Bonaparte what Adalind was to him in the first three seasons. At the very least, the old Renard would have seized the opportunity to kill Bonaparte and rise up in the BC ranks. But he didn’t even do that. The writers made Renard into Diana’s puppet, using him to kill Bonaparte for hurting her mother. It was a very sad end for a very interesting character.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 12:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: I've never really seen Renard as not having resources, have you?

At the beginning of S05, yes. He'd lost Sebastian to the royals, and Meisner and the resistance had joined up with HW. What did that leave him with? A friend in Russia he wouldn't call until the following season, a phantom pawnbroker who wouldn't help him without payment and his mother, who from her absence we can presume knew better than to involve herself in any interests he had beyond just staying alive.

So maybe he joined BC because they offered him what appeared to be resources, such as wesen cops, judges and prosecutors, but he really should've known and eventually discovered that they were never going to be people who would still be there for him if BC lost and his back was against the wall. It was only at the very end of the series that he realized that Nick and the scoobies were actually the closest thing he had to that, until he screwed that up.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - New Guy - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 11:00 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 12:46 AM)irukandji Wrote: I've never really seen Renard as not having resources, have you?

At the beginning of S05, yes. He'd lost Sebastian to the royals, and Meisner and the resistance had joined up with HW. What did that leave him with? A friend in Russia he wouldn't call until the following season, a phantom pawnbroker who wouldn't help him without payment and his mother, who from her absence we can presume knew better than to involve herself in any interests he had beyond just staying alive.

So maybe he joined BC because they offered him what appeared to be resources, such as wesen cops, judges and prosecutors, but he really should've known and eventually discovered that they were never going to be people who would still be there for him if BC lost and his back was against the wall. It was only at the very end of the series that he realized that Nick and the scoobies were actually the closest thing he had to that, until he screwed that up.
Poor Sean. Confused I'm gonna cry. Huh
N G

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - dicappatore - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 12:11 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 11:00 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:

Poor Sean. Confused I'm gonna cry. Huh
N G

Please do, cry me a a flocking river, for that flucking dirt-bag. There is always some kind of a drought somewhere in the mid west. Waah waah waah!