Grimm Forum
How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? (/Thread-How-could-a-Grimm-deal-with-hexen-zauberbiest-telekinetic-abilities)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? - danielmarder - 01-24-2018

Hi all,

I'm brand new here and I've been wondering...

Throughout the ages, Grimms have accumulated knowledge about the weaknesses of various wesen, their characteristics, and how best to combat them.

We know that a Grimm's blood can destroy a Hexenbiest, but I wonder whether there is anything a Grimm can do to combat the telekinetic powers that we see Adalind, Eve and Conrad all use.

The use of wards is very common as a defence against hostile magic among practitioners. That is my only explanation aside from hoping they don't get a chance to use their abilities.

It's interesting that Conrad in particularly isn't really shown as having any weaknesses.

RE: How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? - irukandji - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 04:31 PM)danielmarder Wrote: Hi all,

Throughout the ages, Grimms have accumulated knowledge about the weaknesses of various wesen, their characteristics, and how best to combat them.

We know that a Grimm's blood can destroy a Hexenbiest, but I wonder whether there is anything a Grimm can do to combat the telekinetic powers that we see Adalind, Eve and Conrad all use.

The use of wards is very common as a defence against hostile magic among practitioners. That is my only explanation aside from hoping they don't get a chance to use their abilities.

It's interesting that Conrad in particularly isn't really shown as having any weaknesses.

A very interesting question. I would say probably not since Nick showed absolutely no way of getting the upper hand with Juliette when she tossed him around before she got shot.

RE: How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-24-2018

From the way the fight between Eve and Conrad went, it would appear that the only defense is to be faster and have better aim.

RE: How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? - dicappatore - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 04:31 PM)danielmarder Wrote: Hi all,

Did you miss the episode of when Kelly's Grandmother, Kelly Senior, on Nick side, met Kelly's Grandmother, Catherine on Adalind side? Way before bay Kelly was even a thought? That was a classic Grimm meeting a classic Hexenbiest, in combat. How did the Hexenbiest fair?

Jump ahead to the end of S4. Trubel, a novice Grimm, meets one of the "most powerful Hexenbiest", Juliette, according to the script and what most claim, she was. How did that fight fair with the Hexenbiest?

IMO, Hex's had the power of shock and awe when attacking other Wesen or non-Wesen. Grimms aren't that easily shockingly & awed. They know what is coming and even if not? They can defend themselves for it. Grimms aren't Wesen but they are also not just a regular people with the ability to just see a Wesen do a primary voge. They have an inborn ability to be more than an average physical fighter.

Trubel is a great example. She was able to handle multiple Wesen with no problems all by her self, way before someone told her she was a Grimm and labeled her nuts for seeing things. She had no formal training. It was in her blood like her ancestors before her.

Yea, it is that simple. Unless someone can give us an example of a Grimm and Hex fight turn out any different than the two example I gave? The rest of the explanations by others claiming a different (cough) opinion, is pure hog wash, by that flying pig with lipstick posted on another thread.

i won't even bother with the Hexenbiest death count compared to the Grimm death count. Some have already explored that, with facts, on another thread.

The "What would you choose be a Wesen or a Grimm?' thread should make interesting reading for you, if you haven't read it yet.

RE: How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? - syscrash - 01-24-2018

A better example of a hexenbiest against a Grimm would be Nick and Adalind. But that fight just like the fight with Kelly and Catherine the show had not introduced the idea that hexenbiest had telekinetic ability. So even though the Grimm won both fights, they do not answer the question of Grimm verses telekinetic hexenbiest. The one fight there is which is Nick against Juliette ending with Juliette and Trubel. There is the emotional factor. Nick said he was tired of fighting and his actions showed he was not really fighting back. With Trubel there is exposition that states Eve knew Trubel was not trying to kill Juliette. So we do not actually know how would a Grimm do in an all out fight with a hexenbiest that was using telekinetic powers.
The closes we have to how it would end is in the spice shop. That was Juliette up against two wesen and two cops with guns. But even then Juliette was still sort of their friend.

As I see it with the writers increasing hexenbiest abilities they created and imbalance. Their solution was not to address the question. I would say just like the writers provided Nick with a defense against the electric guy. Had they saw a need to have a confrontation between Nick and a telekinetic hexenbiest, they would have provided him with a talisman or potion that would even the playing field.

RE: How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? - naw207 - 01-24-2018

There isn't a real defense Grimms have against Telekinesis. Adalind versus Nick isn't a way to say Grimm beats Hexenbiest as Adalind used zero powers against Nick. Same with Catherine and Kelly. The closest we ever got was Juilette making Nick shot Monroe. Also Truble shooting Juliette only happened because Juliette was off guard trying to kill Nick.

In an all out battle between Hexenbiest and Grimm the winner would/should logically be Hexenbiest but the way it was written for the most part wasn't the case. I mean you have Adalind who could crush bone with her telekinesis, you have Juilette who could explode peoples ear drums with her telekinesis, Diana who can toss people with hers and Conrad who can choke with his. Hexenbiest also seem to have physical strength comparable to grimms given Catherine was able to match Kelly is combat physically but was nowhere near her level in combat skill.

Overall though I think during Seasons 1 and 2 the writers didn't intend for Hexenbiest to have any active powers as they only showed up during Season 3. Although it should be noted most Grimms kill you stealth and weapons. Meaning if they killed Hexenbiest they did so by catching them off guard or by using a weapon of some sort.

RE: How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? - irukandji - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 09:12 PM)naw207 Wrote: There isn't a real defense Grimms have against Telekinesis. Adalind versus Nick isn't a way to say Grimm beats Hexenbiest as Adalind used zero powers against Nick. Same with Catherine and Kelly. The closest we ever got was Juilette making Nick shot Monroe. Also Truble shooting Juliette only happened because Juliette was off guard trying to kill Nick.

In an all out battle between Hexenbiest and Grimm the winner would/should logically be Hexenbiest but the way it was written for the most part wasn't the case. I mean you have Adalind who could crush bone with her telekinesis, you have Juilette who could explode peoples ear drums with her telekinesis, Diana who can toss people with hers and Conrad who can choke with his. Hexenbiest also seem to have physical strength comparable to grimms given Catherine was able to match Kelly is combat physically but was nowhere near her level in combat skill.

Overall though I think during Seasons 1 and 2 the writers didn't intend for Hexenbiest to have any active powers as they only showed up during Season 3. Although it should be noted most Grimms kill you stealth and weapons. Meaning if they killed Hexenbiest they did so by catching them off guard or by using a weapon of some sort.

When telekinesis is shown on television or in the movies, it seems like it would be the easiest thing to do. But I wonder, just how much impact does it have on the human body? For instance, Eve lifted a statue to drop on Adalind, but was not able to deliver with pinpoint accuracy. Was she exhausted after trying to life such a statue? Adalind was able to boil water without a thought, but how much energy did it take to crush the bones in Tony's hand?

RE: How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? - syscrash - 01-24-2018

From what it looked like to me telekinesis is like a muscle. The stronger you are the easier it is to exert force. Take Juliette when she exploded the guys head and took on the manticore she seemed to be straining. Even the fight with Adalind she was stronger but it still looking like it took a lot of effort. By the end of the season in the spice shop it seemed she needed to exert less effort to do things. During season five she seemed to need no effort to do things. They even showed her doing push up to strengthen her abilities. In comparison Adalind had to woge to move the vase. Eve was able to open doors without even flinching. But like I said that is how I see it. Based on how it is written there does not seem to be a solid rule on how telekinesis works. Take Diana for example. Not only does she not have to woge. She shows no signs of it being hard. Plus there seems to be no limit to what she can do. Diana wrapped up Rachael in the sheet. No other hexenbiest showed that much control.

So what would happen to Adalind then? Obviously living with Nick has put a lot of limitation on her use of telekinesis. If telekinesis is a muscle that requires use in order to keep it in shape, would her powers atrophy and eventually wither away?

RE: How could a Grimm deal with hexen/zauberbiest telekinetic abilities? - Hell Rell - 01-24-2018

I don't think a Hexen/Zauberbiest with telekinetic abilities would be a simple Grimm victory. I think Grimms would be able to take the average Biest in single combat but the ones like Juliette and Conrad are a different story. Juliette was created so I'll just stick with Conrad. Nick didn't even attempt to fight Conrad. It seemed like he resigned himself to defeat. I suppose Renard standing beside him made Nick more hesitant but it definitely seemed like a fight that Nick knew he couldn't win even after single-handedly taking out a dozen BC soldiers. He just took a step back until Conrad attempted to choke him to death.

Of course, had there ever been an all-out battle, the writers would've contrived a way for the Grimm to win even outside the element of surprise. Rosalee might've figured out how to make some type of ultimate defense or something based on want was written by the Grimms of old.