Grimm Forum
Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? (/Thread-Why-didn-t-Nick-let-Juliette-go)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - eric - 01-22-2018

No one can predict the future. Nick was in love with Juliette, in the first ten minutes of episode he was buying a ring to propose to Juliette after he got home. He didn't know he was going to shoot someone in a couple of hours--that kind of spoiled the mood. You can tell a teenager not to start smoking, they won't listen, soon they are addicted. After the cat scratch he tried to explain that Adeline was a real witch. Honestly, would anyone believe that? No one warned them about the hat or Juliette being transformed into a hex. Would anyone give up their beloved because a dying relative said to do that? Tell your significant other you would drop them like a dead rat based on the advice of an aunt--go ahead but leave instructions for your family to let me know when your funeral is scheduled so I can attend.Big Grin Of course, it was hard to ignore Grimm business, I would probably have gone to a shrink after seeing the first wessen.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - irukandji - 01-22-2018

(01-22-2018, 05:30 PM)eric Wrote: No one can predict the future. Nick was in love with Juliette, in the first ten minutes of episode he was buying a ring to propose to Juliette after he got home. He didn't know he was going to shoot someone in a couple of hours--that kind of spoiled the mood. You can tell a teenager not to start smoking, they won't listen, soon they are addicted. After the cat scratch he tried to explain that Adeline was a real witch. Honestly, would anyone believe that? No one warned them about the hat or Juliette being transformed into a hex. Would anyone give up their beloved because a dying relative said to do that? Tell your significant other you would drop them like a dead rat based on the advice of an aunt--go ahead but leave instructions for your family to let me know when your funeral is scheduled so I can attend.Big Grin Of course, it was hard to ignore Grimm business, I would probably have gone to a shrink after seeing the first wessen.

The question on my mind is, was Juliette really Nick's beloved *after* Marie again plopped back into his life or did his talk with Marie sour Nick on a life with Juliette?

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-22-2018

Marie's intent was to "sour" Nick on a life with Juliette (and probably with anyone else). Nick just didn't take her advice.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - irukandji - 01-22-2018

Well, actually I think he took Marie's advice more than we think. Nick proposed to Juliette when she was unaware of his grimm activities, but suspected he was keeping secrets from her. Once she became aware, that would have been the perfect opportunity to propose again. No more secrets between them and they bridged another level of understanding between them. Yet he never proposed to her again after that.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - syscrash - 01-22-2018

Quote:Well, actually I think he took Marie's advice more than we think. Nick proposed to Juliette when she was unaware of his grimm activities, but suspected he was keeping secrets from her. Once she became aware, that would have been the perfect opportunity to propose again. No more secrets between them and they bridged another level of understanding between them. Yet he never proposed to her again after that.
Nick had the ring in his pocket getting ready to pop the question, then his mom showed up with Adalind.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-22-2018

(01-22-2018, 08:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: Well, actually I think he took Marie's advice more than we think. Nick proposed to Juliette when she was unaware of his grimm activities, but suspected he was keeping secrets from her. Once she became aware, that would have been the perfect opportunity to propose again. No more secrets between them and they bridged another level of understanding between them. Yet he never proposed to her again after that.

Marie's advice was for Nick to end it with Juliette and never see her again. Maybe you're thinking of his mom's advice not to leave the people he loved?

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - irukandji - 01-23-2018

(01-22-2018, 08:10 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 08:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: Well, actually I think he took Marie's advice more than we think. Nick proposed to Juliette when she was unaware of his grimm activities, but suspected he was keeping secrets from her. Once she became aware, that would have been the perfect opportunity to propose again. No more secrets between them and they bridged another level of understanding between them. Yet he never proposed to her again after that.

Marie's advice was for Nick to end it with Juliette and never see her again. Maybe you're thinking of his mom's advice not to leave the people he loved?

Nope. I believe you're thinking of that, otherwise why would you even bring it up? I am not. I was merely pointing out that it appeared that Marie's intent to sour Nick paid off. Not immediately and not entirely, but it can be seen in their relationship. Posters wouldn't be commenting on their relationship if Marie's words didn't have some effect on Nick. She planted the seed of doubt. It worked. The only question that's on my mind is why didn't Nick immediately act upon his doubt and boot her out? You suggested protection, but I'm not seeing Nick taking a proactive approach to protecting Juliette.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-23-2018

Because proposing to Juliette is the exact opposite of ending it and never seeing her again.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - brandon - 01-23-2018

Marie was sick and pessimistic,while Kelly was repentant.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - eric - 01-23-2018

(01-22-2018, 07:44 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 05:30 PM)eric Wrote: No one can predict the future. Nick was in love with Juliette, in the first ten minutes of episode he was buying a ring to propose to Juliette after he got home. He didn't know he was going to shoot someone in a couple of hours--that kind of spoiled the mood. You can tell a teenager not to start smoking, they won't listen, soon they are addicted. After the cat scratch he tried to explain that Adeline was a real witch. Honestly, would anyone believe that? No one warned them about the hat or Juliette being transformed into a hex. Would anyone give up their beloved because a dying relative said to do that? Tell your significant other you would drop them like a dead rat based on the advice of an aunt--go ahead but leave instructions for your family to let me know when your funeral is scheduled so I can attend.Big Grin Of course, it was hard to ignore Grimm business, I would probably have gone to a shrink after seeing the first wessen.

The question on my mind is, was Juliette really Nick's beloved *after* Marie again plopped back into his life or did his talk with Marie sour Nick on a life with Juliette?
I probably missed it, when did Nick sour on a life with Juliette, before Cry Havoc?