Grimm Forum
Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? (/Thread-Was-the-Nick-Juliette-break-up-the-Nick-Adalind-mate-up-planned-from-the-start)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? - dicappatore - 01-20-2018

After watching the whole Six Seasons of Grimm with the wife, we both agreed that after putting aside all the episodes WOW’s, secondary and tertiary arcs, in the end it was a love story. I don’t mean the love story of the secondary characters, like Monroe and Rosalee, which in itself, it was a love story arc, but between the primary character Nick and whom he was in love and ended up with.

I don’t recall if we had this discussion yet on the forum on the predictability of these outcomes, so, I would love to direct this discussion to focus on How did you see the end coming in the relationship of Nick, Juliette and Adalind.

For the first 3 and a half seasons, I never foresaw, Nick breaking up with Juliette and ending up with Adalind. Even after she rejected his proposal. There was no actual second proposal. We did see other attempts and fantasies or dreams of a second proposal but never happened. We just saw the ring resurface a few times. I have always said, I have no issues how the relationships turned out, given the circumstances as they were written.

Was this planned from the start or was it directed by the fans, based on the popularity of the characters? Was the relationship between these three characters planned from the beginning? I didn’t think so.

This is where I would prefer to see the discussion focus on. What are your thoughts on this question. I tried to see if the creative team ever had an interview concerning this topic with no luck. If you have? Please link it and that should end any speculation. But if not, it should make it an interesting discussion.

RE: Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? - Henry of green - 01-20-2018

I don’t think Nick and Adalind were planned from the start nor was anything on the show the writers have said in interviews they very rarely plan things Seasons in advance. Though I can certainly see why posters think it was planned from the start considering Adalind is the very first woman we see Nick looking at in the pilot and the two always had great chemistry. Nick also kisses Adalind in 1x17 when he clearly could have used other more straight methods to get his blood in her.

I personally though never saw Juliette and Nick staying together in the end, even as early as season 1 beacuse I felt Juliette had too many insecurities about Nick. I mean she accused him of cheating on her at least 3 times in season 1 alone. Though Nick was to blame for a lot of those insecurities due to his secret keeping I just never saw G&k keeping them together all through the series until the end.

RE: Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? - dicappatore - 01-20-2018

(01-20-2018, 10:07 AM)Henry of green Wrote: I don’t think Nick and Adalind were planned from the start nor was anything on the show the writers have said in interviews they very rarely plan things Seasons in advance.

I personally though never saw Juliette and Nick staying together in the end, even as early as season 1 beacuse I felt Juliette had too many insecurities about Nick. I mean she accused him of cheating on her at least 3 times in season 1 alone. Though Nick was to blame for a lot of those insecurities due to his secret keeping I just never saw G&k keeping them together all through the series until the end.

Me, being a sucker for pretty faces had the same idea but I never thought they would do it. When they did, I was Ok with it, especially after the coma season. Yea, that frekin event differently went on too long. To me it was my least favorite season. Even with her memory loss, as her character was written, with such a superlative attitude and before she started to have feeling for Renard, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

RE: Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? - eric - 01-20-2018

(01-20-2018, 10:07 AM)Henry of green Wrote: I don’t think Nick and Adalind were planned from the start nor was anything on the show the writers have said in interviews they very rarely plan things Seasons in advance. Though I can certainly see why posters think it was planned from the start considering Adalind is the very first woman we see Nick looking at in the pilot and two always had great chemistry. Nick also kisses Adalind in 1x17 when he clearly could have used other more straight methods to get his blood in her.

Just curious, what other ways to get blood in a person when they are fighting you, and you need both hands to keep them pined down? If Adeline had one hand free she would have ripped Nick with her claws. Personally, I thought his way was smart.

RE: Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? - Henry of green - 01-20-2018

Eric, he knew before hand about the blood he simply could have dabbed a bullet in his blood and shot her or put blood in a syringe and injected her or shoved his hand in her mouth and have her bite it. There are numerous ways he could have gotten the blood in her you are right though kissing her was pretty smart.

RE: Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? - dicappatore - 01-20-2018

(01-20-2018, 11:08 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Eric, he knew before hand about the blood he simply could have daped a bullet in his blood and shot her or put blood in a seringe and injected her or shoved his hand in her mouth and have her bite it. There are numerous ways he could have gotten the blood in her you are right though kissing her was pretty smart.

Was she voge when she got kissed? I don't think so, Something Juliette, as a Hex, never attempted with Nick. Every time she got close to him, she put on that ld hag face.

RE: Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-20-2018

Nick and Adalind having baby Kelly was the result of Claire Coffee getting pregnant. Juliette helping the royals kill Nick's mom was the result of Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio being cast in "Limitless," a series shot on location in NYC that was expected to prevent her from being able to come to Portland for any more guest shots.

RE: Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? - Hexenadler - 01-20-2018

The writers never put enough time in Nick & Juliette's relationship, but the spark was definitely there...which made the outcome of season four all the more painful. They trashed three years worth of character development just for the sake of getting Nick in bed with his former rapist, and that's just morally reprehensible. They weren't trying to do anything particularly innovative or daring, either; Greenwalt and Kouf were basically ripping off Buffy hunkering down with Spike. I'll never forgive either of them for pulling that crap.

The writers spent more than enough time on thier relationship ‘spent nearly 4 years on it infact it just didn’t work , thier relationship ruined season 2 for me. The problem with Juliette was the writers kept making her incredibly unlikable so will agree with you the writers ruined Juliette. You are cherry picking calling Adalind out for her sexual assault of Nick though considering Eve/Juliette done a very similar thing with Rachel. There would also be zero need for Adalind to sleep with Nick if the gang didn’t kidnapp a child from its mother. What Adalind did to Nick was disgusting certainly and a crime but what the gang did to Adalind was equally disgusting. what Adalind did to Nick was trick him into bed using false pretenses and you can call that rape if you wish but to put that on the same level as someone being forced or drugged to sleep with someone is wrong if you ask me.

RE: Was the Nick/Juliette break-up & the Nick/Adalind mate-up planned from the start? - Hexenadler - 01-20-2018

(01-20-2018, 01:05 PM)Henry of green Wrote: The writers spent more than enough time on thier relationship ‘spent nearly 4 years on it infact it just didn’t work , thier relationship ruined season 2 for me. The problem with Juliette was the writers kept making her incredibly unlikable so will agree with you the writers ruined Juliette. You are cherry picking calling Adalind out for her sexual assault of Nick though considering Eve/Juliette done a very similar thing with Rachel. There would also be zero need for Adalind to sleep with Nick if the gang didn’t kidnapp a child from its mother. What Adalind did to Nick was disgusting certainly and a crime but what the gang did to Adalind was equally disgusting. what Adalind did to Nick was trick him into bed using false pretenses and you can call that rape if you wish but to put that on the same level as someone being forced or drugged to sleep with someone is wrong if you ask me.

I'm sorry, but if you see what Adalind did to Nick as anything besides flat-out sexual assault, you're a fool.