Grimm Forum
Do wesen encounters turn deadly because of Nick's presence? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Do wesen encounters turn deadly because of Nick's presence? (/Thread-Do-wesen-encounters-turn-deadly-because-of-Nick-s-presence)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Do wesen encounters turn deadly because of Nick's presence? - brandon - 02-07-2018

Clarifies. To who says it?

RE: Do wesen encounters turn deadly because of Nick's presence? - Robyn - 02-10-2018

(02-07-2018, 04:34 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:43 AM)Robyn Wrote: Renard said on one episode that he wouldn't protect a corrupt cop
But that turned out to be one of Renard's many lies, didn't it
I didn’t mean to imply that Renard took an ethical stance against corruption in the ranks. Only that he viewed Nick as a Grimm dealing with Wesen crime that was better resolved outside a legal system designed by humans for humans. Renard used the human-designed legal system against Nick in S6 because he’d become a problem rather than a benefit/ally.

RE: Do wesen encounters turn deadly because of Nick's presence? - dicappatore - 02-10-2018

(01-14-2018, 09:43 AM)Robyn Wrote: Renard said on one episode that he wouldn't protect a corrupt cop

Being foreign born, now I finally got the meaning of; "The pot calling the kettle black".

Given that, shouldn't Sean have turned himself in?

RE: Do wesen encounters turn deadly because of Nick's presence? - Robyn - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 09:30 AM)dicappatore Wrote:

Being foreign born, now I finally got the meaning of; "The pot calling the kettle black".

You’re looking at one statement rather than the context of the entire comment. At that time, Nick knew Renard was capable of murder for personal benefit, and viewers had been provided a front row view of Renard’s tactics. There wasn’t any reason to consider that Renard was speaking of ethical conviction. He was simply stating that he wouldn’t risk himself personally or professionally by protecting a corrupt cop. My point was that Renard didn’t view Nick as corrupt, as a cop or Grimm, but rather, that Nick was utilizing acceptable Grimm methods to address Wesen crimes/threats.

RE: Do wesen encounters turn deadly because of Nick's presence? - jsgrimm45 - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 10:09 AM)Robyn Wrote:

You’re looking at one statement rather than the context of the entire comment. At that time, Nick knew Renard was capable of murder for personal benefit, and viewers had been provided a front row view of Renard’s tactics. There wasn’t any reason to consider that Renard was speaking of ethical conviction. He was simply stating that he wouldn’t risk himself personally or professionally by protecting a corrupt cop. My point was that Renard didn’t view Nick as corrupt, as a cop or Grimm, but rather, that Nick was utilizing acceptable Grimm methods to address Wesen crimes/threats.
I could be wrong but didn't Reared say that after Nick had gotten him out of being mayor? I took the meaning that from now on he was out to get get Nick, Hank, and Wu maybe even Monroe and Rosalee. IMO he could have never followed up on this because they knew as much about him as he knew about them.

RE: Do wesen encounters turn deadly because of Nick's presence? - dicappatore - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 10:20 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

I could be wrong but didn't Reared say that after Nick had gotten him out of being mayor? I took the meaning that from now on he was out to get get Nick, Hank, and Wu maybe even Monroe and Rosalee. IMO he could have never followed up on this because they knew as much about him as he knew about them.

Now that makes a lot more sense, thanks for the clarification.

(02-10-2018, 10:20 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I could be wrong but didn't Reared say that after Nick had gotten him out of being mayor? I took the meaning that from now on he was out to get get Nick, Hank, and Wu maybe even Monroe and Rosalee. IMO he could have never followed up on this because they knew as much about him as he knew about them.
I don’t know, js. It might have been in a S5 episode, but Nick and Renard were technically allies when Renard stated he wouldn’t protect a corrupt cop. He was referring to another cop in the precinct who was under suspicion at the time. But yes, it would have become a big mess of one challenging that the other had done worse. They all had dirt on one another, and no one would have come out looking good if they chose to use it.

(02-10-2018, 10:29 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Now that makes a lot more sense, thanks for the clarification.
Ah. You were looking only at my recent exchange with FitC. That one sentence was from an earlier response to irukandji that Renard wasn’t advocating police corruption because he didn’t consider Nick’s Grimm activities as corrupt police work.