Grimm Forum
S03E05 - El Cucuy - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S03E05 - El Cucuy (/Thread-S03E05-El-Cucuy)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: S03E05 - El Cucuy - Gretel Hanselsister - 12-05-2013

(11-30-2013, 08:38 AM)Lou Wrote: Also Juliette is still scoring points (take that, Juliette haters!). Almost immediately confronts Nick on the mystery "M", once the explanation is given becomes understanding and concerned. and then, goes and takes action.

I agree with Lou. There are too many needless misunderstandings in relationships on TV, they are so annoying.

(12-04-2013, 03:09 PM)HellJacket Wrote: I'd rather have useless characters that create plot and conflict.

@"HellJacket"
Perhaps you would prefer Juliette keeping the big "who is M?" question to herself, going to Renard to cry on his shoulder, Renard drawing the right conclusions, finding Kelly’s location over her IP address like Juliette did in this ep, sending Sebastien on Kelly’s track and having her killed, big chaos because Sebastien now wants the coins for himself, Meisner breaking the alliance between the Renard-gang and the resistance, Nick finding out it’s Juliettes fault his mother was killed…

sorry, a lot of action, but I nearly can’t tell you how much I would hate it.

RE: S03E05 - El Cucuy - Nic118 - 12-05-2013

I was also happy to see Juliette and Nick deal with the "M" situation immediately. It's nice to see adults using their words and developing healthy relationships on TV. Plus, there are ways to create conflict without needlessly dragging things out. I'd like to think the writers learned their lesson after keeping the stupid amnesia plot going and going (and going) last season.

RE: S03E05 - El Cucuy - HellJacket - 12-05-2013

(12-05-2013, 02:07 PM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: Perhaps you would prefer Juliette keeping the big "who is M?" question to herself, going to Renard to cry on his shoulder, Renard drawing the right conclusions, finding Kelly’s location over her IP address like Juliette did in this ep, sending Sebastien on Kelly’s track and having her killed, big chaos because Sebastien now wants the coins for himself, Meisner breaking the alliance between the Renard-gang and the resistance, Nick finding out it’s Juliettes fault his mother was killed…

Nahh, needs more explosions and random people killed.

RE: S03E05 - El Cucuy - droid327 - 12-05-2013

(12-04-2013, 03:09 PM)HellJacket Wrote: However, season 3 is boring me to no end. I'd rather have useless characters that create plot and conflict.

You know you just described exactly what everyone hates about reality TV, right? Smile

RE: S03E05 - El Cucuy - HellJacket - 12-05-2013

(12-05-2013, 04:51 PM)droid327 Wrote: You know you just described exactly what everyone hates about reality TV, right? Smile
Hmm? I've watched plenty of reality TV, and few reality TV shows have a plot. Conflict, sure, but not a plot unless you make plot have an unreasonably broad definition.

RE: S03E05 - El Cucuy - hot schade - 12-05-2013

(12-03-2013, 01:01 AM)pale boy Wrote: No one seems to really be that hung up on the whole thing. Even Wesen like Monroe, Rosalee, and Renard are over it ... though it just struck me that Nick is basically a serial killer. Confused Granted, his attacks are "justified", but ... they people he goes after are often unintentionally provoked. Wesen see a Grimm and flip out -- understandably flip out because Grimm are known predators toward their people ... now I'm not going to be able to stop thinking this. Rolleyes
[/font][/size][/color]

okay, so i was thinking about this comment at work, which i have to say thanx b/c work is a bore and i hate it Tongue so it kept me entertained LOL!!

i disagree! the nature of wesen is actually (and yes this is more of a general characterization) is pretty violent, let's take monroe's friend (i forgot her nameConfused) ripped a guy's face off, yes, he was going to rape her, but she was in a position to disarm him, to put him down so he wouldn't hurt her. she chose to kill him and viciously. she chose this option, to her there was no other way. the whole blutbad/bauerschwein feud is based on the blutbad being killers who eat bauerschwins. only reason why monroe is any different is because he's making the choice to not be that way, but how many wesen have we seen actually do that? maybe the old school grimms can take that characterization, however, nick has chosen to not kill some wesen, and some of them kinda deserved it, some went after him to kill him. Dodgy im thinking after what renard said to him about being guilty about killing a human vs just killing wesen that he's changing the way he does things. if you look at things since renard said that, nick hasn't killed any wesen, not one. he's making a concious decision, it's not like the govenor, he doesn't get something out of it.

Quote: I'd rather have useless characters that create plot and conflict.

well, im sorry you feel that way, i personally think it is unnecessary plot point that really has no purpose. i prefer the way they did it, especially with juliete's sort've cheating with renard, we don't need nick going down that road....with hsi mother o.O!

RE: S03E05 - El Cucuy - Gretel Hanselsister - 12-05-2013

(12-05-2013, 02:42 PM)HellJacket Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 02:07 PM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: Perhaps you would prefer Juliette keeping the big "who is M?" question to herself, going to Renard to cry on his shoulder, Renard drawing the right conclusions, finding Kelly’s location over her IP address like Juliette did in this ep, sending Sebastien on Kelly’s track and having her killed, big chaos because Sebastien now wants the coins for himself, Meisner breaking the alliance between the Renard-gang and the resistance, Nick finding out it’s Juliettes fault his mother was killed…

Nahh, needs more explosions and random people killed.

Wait, I can do that:
Sebastien, possessing the coins and greedy for power, causes civil war in Europe, you can have lots of explosions and killed people, Gretel right in the middle, defending democracy...
[Image: gretelnudelholz4eufg4.jpg]
... no, that improves nothing Big Grin.
But I guess next ep will please you. It smells like conflict.

RE: S03E05 - El Cucuy - hot schade - 12-05-2013

gretel for prez! go defending democracy LOL!

just don't forget about the coins and don't let them make you all power hunger LOL!

RE: S03E05 - El Cucuy - pale boy - 12-06-2013

(12-05-2013, 02:29 PM)Nic118 Wrote: I was also happy to see Juliette and Nick deal with the "M" situation immediately. It's nice to see adults using their words and developing healthy relationships on TV. Plus, there are ways to create conflict without needlessly dragging things out. I'd like to think the writers learned their lesson after keeping the stupid amnesia plot going and going (and going) last season.

Yes. It was refreshing to see that cleared up in the very episode it appeared, and then the writers threw out the whole "wait, your Mom is alive?" bit, which seems to have thrown Juliette (rightly) off for a bit, as if she's concretely realizing how thoroughly she's been lied to by Nick of late.

Plus, with her being part of the Scooby Gang now, she's going to have adventures and danger around her more than ever.

It was surprising and funny that the writers immediately harpooned a potential "Juliette thinks Nick is cheating!" plot then and there, as if to say, "moving on, nothing to see here, folks".

RE: S03E05 - El Cucuy - Lou - 12-06-2013

(12-06-2013, 12:56 AM)pale boy Wrote: It was surprising and funny that the writers immediately harpooned a potential "Juliette thinks Nick is cheating!" plot then and there, as if to say, "moving on, nothing to see here, folks"

Absolutely agree with you there! Except I'm going with the words "surprising and refreshing".