Grimm Forum
Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world (/Thread-Do-you-ever-wonder-if-Monroe-has-any-regrets-about-sliding-back-into-the-wesen-world)

Pages: 1 2 3

Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - izzy - 12-28-2017

In another tread the ever bonny irukandji queries thusly:

Quote:Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world?

He has to. There are only two characters that seem innately reflective on the show, Monroe and Renard. Of the two, Monroe seems to be the only one to truly look beyond his own circumstances. Most assuredly he has to know he has innately endangered his children's well being and the family. Consider at any time, Monroe can now be implicated in a series of murders. Realistically he has to live everyday knowing one of the rogue cops could expose him, blackmail him, whatever. Or simply some honest cop could come across a clue (however honest cops seem rare in Portland). In addition someone could opt for revenge and use him, Rosalee, or their children to get at Nick or simply as revenge against Monroe. He also is likely an international treasured artifact thief. My guess is, that little incident most assuredly will eventually be traced back to him thus robbing him of his livelihood.
Regrets you ask, I bet over time Monroe grows to rue the day he met Nick Burkhardt.

RE: Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - irukandji - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 07:55 PM)izzy Wrote: He has to. There are only two characters that seem innately reflective on the show, Monroe and Renard. Of the two, Monroe seems to be the only one to truly look beyond his own circumstances. Most assuredly he has to know he has innately endangered his children's well being and the family. Consider at any time, Monroe can now be implicated in a series of murders. Realistically he has to live everyday knowing one of the rogue cops could expose him, blackmail him, whatever. Or simply some honest cop could come across a clue (however honest cops seem rare in Portland). In addition someone could opt for revenge and use him, Rosalee, or their children to get at Nick or simply as revenge against Monroe. He also is likely an international treasured artifact thief. My guess is, that little incident most assuredly will eventually be traced back to him thus robbing him of his livelihood.
Regrets you ask, I bet over time Monroe grows to rue the day he met Nick Burkhardt.

This is very interesting to me. At the end of the series, Monroe's triplets are now around 20 years old. Nick and Adalind as well as Diana and Kelly are going to kill wesen. Monroe's triplets are going with them. But Monroe and Rosalee were conspicuously absent.

RE: Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - Henry of green - 12-29-2017

(12-28-2017, 08:05 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 07:55 PM)izzy Wrote: He has to. There are only two characters that seem innately reflective on the show, Monroe and Renard. Of the two, Monroe seems to be the only one to truly look beyond his own circumstances. Most assuredly he has to know he has innately endangered his children's well being and the family. Consider at any time, Monroe can now be implicated in a series of murders. Realistically he has to live everyday knowing one of the rogue cops could expose him, blackmail him, whatever. Or simply some honest cop could come across a clue (however honest cops seem rare in Portland). In addition someone could opt for revenge and use him, Rosalee, or their children to get at Nick or simply as revenge against Monroe. He also is likely an international treasured artifact thief. My guess is, that little incident most assuredly will eventually be traced back to him thus robbing him of his livelihood.

This is very interesting to me. At the end of the series, Monroe's triplets are now around 20 years old. Nick and Adalind as well as Diana and Kelly are going to kill wesen. Monroe's triplets are going with them. But Monroe and Rosalee were conspicuously absent.

Irk, I find your post quite interesting but don’t forget without Nick in his life Monroe wouldn’t have the love of his life Rosalee, it was through Nick after all that he met her. I have to admit though at times nick seriously took Monroe for granted. But I ultimately feel Nick has brought more good than bad to Monroe’s life, if Monroe was going to move away from Nick he would have done it already.

I think this piece of script below shows one of the times Monroe felt nick was takening him for granted and that they should do other things together other than talk about wesen crimes because sometimes nick did treat Monroe more like an asset than a friend and that was wrong.

You know, you never ask me about anything else.
Like sports or music or who the hottest Bond babe was.
You know, like normal conversation? I'm just saying.
lt would be nice to switch it up once in a while, you know? Well What's your favorite color? You don't mean that.
No, really.
I want to know.
Red.
Well, I feel so much closer to you now.
Fine.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s01e10

RE: Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - Hell Rell - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 03:17 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 08:05 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Irk, I find your post quite interesting but don’t forget without Nick in his life Monroe wouldn’t have the love of his life Rosalee, it was through Nick after all that he met her. I have to admit thought at times Nick seriously took Monroe for granted.

If there is something people want to use against Nick, this is definitely something that has some merit to it. I too have thought Nick has taken Monroe for granted at times. It's something Monroe has pointed out early in the series. There was also that bit in season 5 where Monroe was willing to smell like a dumpster for their case and Nick said he wasn't getting in his car after it was over. It was supposed to be funny but I thought it came off badly that Nick said that after Monroe helped he and Hank out on the case for nothing in return.

You are right about Monroe and Rosalee though. Monroe told Nick not to feel guilty about he and Rosalee delaying their honeymoon to help him after Adalind de-grimmed him because he wouldn't have met her if it weren't for him.

RE: Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - eric - 12-29-2017

A few examples paraphrasing Monroe's view of Nick. Monroe to his dad "yes, he's (Nick) saved my life and I've saved his". Monroe to Nick about being best man- "because of you I met Rosalee and it changed both our lives". Monroe to Rosalee after Monroe's uncle showed up - if it wasn't for Nick I would have been like uncle, living a dusty reclusive life". When Nick was zombied and on his way to the castle, Monroe started calling friends to organize a rescue party, even tho he knew its was a very dangerous idea. They were not friends at first sight, no one ever is. Working together, learning Nick as Grimm went against all he had ever heard about most Grimms, he grew to be Nick's friend, and Nick became his.

RE: Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - dicappatore - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 05:32 PM)eric Wrote: A few examples paraphrasing Monroe's view of Nick. Monroe to his dad "yes, he's (Nick) saved my life and I've saved his". Monroe to Nick about being best man- "because of you I met Rosalee and it changed both our lives". Monroe to Rosalee after Monroe's uncle showed up - if it wasn't for Nick I would have been like uncle, living a dusty reclusive life". When Nick was zombied and on his way to the castle, Monroe started calling friends to organize a rescue party, even tho he knew its was a very dangerous idea. They were not friends at first sight, no one ever is. Working together, learning Nick as Grimm went against all he had ever heard about most Grimms, he grew to be Nick's friend, and Nick became his.

So, eric, is this your opinion? Or these occurrences really happened? Lately, it is becoming very confusing on what’s facts and what’s BS. Like someone, on another thread, trying to pass off the definition of cuckold as someone raising a stepchild. You can’t make this crap up!

Maybe if the thread originator had seen what you and me saw, they would not have started this thread?

RE: Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - irukandji - 12-29-2017

Would Monroe disapprove of his children attending a wesen kill with Diana and Kelly?

RE: Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - brandon - 12-30-2017

I do not think it was a Wesen massacre, but to stop them in their attacks.

RE: Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - New Guy - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 06:48 AM)brandon Wrote: I do not think it was a Wesen massacre, but to stop them in their attacks.
Hi Brandon,
I agree.
Feliz Año Nuevo!
N G

RE: Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world - izzy - 12-30-2017

(12-29-2017, 09:57 PM)irukandji Wrote: Would Monroe disapprove of his children attending a wesen kill with Diana and Kelly?

Hmm....I was so tempted to break this one off into a separate thread. (actually I did now: http://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Were-the-lives-of-Nick%E2%80%99s-crew-in-the-end-a-waste?pid=67278#pid67278)

In a word I would say yes, very deep misgivings given he is one of the more introspective and reflective characters on the show.