Grimm Forum
Crisis on Earth X - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Shows (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Shows)
+--- Thread: Crisis on Earth X (/Thread-Crisis-on-Earth-X)

Crisis on Earth X - Hell Rell - 12-11-2017

Has anyone watched this yet? I thought it was damn good for a network superhero gathering, especially on the CW. I was surprised how much was put into this crossover.

RE: Crisis on Earth X - Henry of green - 12-11-2017

I thought it worked much better than any of the previous crossover events it was a lot less cheesy and the plot seemed better thought out and more tightly woven. It felt more like a complete story than the previous events beacuse it was more tightly woven it felt like a complete story cut up into four parts rather than an uneven all over the place one like many of the previous CW,DC crossover events. It was far from perfect but the show entertained me more than the previous crossover events.

There was some nice surprises as well like seeing tommy again after all those years and to have him be earth Xs Prometheus was a cool idea. There was too much relationship stuff for my liking though as I have zero interest in any of the romantic relationships on ethier show but that’s just a personal opinion. I also thought Steven Amell and Melissa Benoist done a great job playing darker versions of thier charecters.

RE: Crisis on Earth X - Hell Rell - 12-11-2017

They were upfront about making this one huge event rather than just the individual shows featuring the other characters like they have in the past. Supergirl being firmly established on the CW this year instead of transitioning like last year allowed them to do so. I don't know why people were afraid that the SG episode really wouldn't be apart of the crossover like last year when the changing of networks was the obvious reason for that happening last season. I really hope they can stop crying about it now.

There was definitely too much relationship crap. I didn't mind Barry/Iris too much since the wedding is the reason everyone was gathered but Oliver/Felicity is just such an anchor on everything it touches. Oliver proposing at Barry's wedding was a dick move and Felicity going even further by interrupting Barry and Iris's nuptials so she and Oliver could be married at the exact same moment was not heartwarming. Neither Barry or Iris should speak to them again outside of world-ending events which now happen annually. Their drama took up way too much time of this awesome crossover. Why is it that Felicity got more focus than Iris whose wedding was the one that was ruined? Honestly, there was just too much Felicity for my liking and she and Iris beating up those Nazis was just stupid.

On to better things, the reveal of Tommy as Prometheus was great since he was one of the early suspects in the fandom last season. He just made the mistake of taking on Sara and Alex at the same time. I don't think even Oliver would be that suicidal.

Speaking of Alex, how many bodies did she drop? She was blasting Nazis left and right. Alex literally shot people in the face. She may have taken out more goons than season 1 Oliver. I also liked the personal moments with her and think she was a worthy addition to the Earth-1/38 alliance.

Another standout was Mick. He was absolutely hilarious in the crossover. Mick's comments at the wedding, him trying to scare Caitlin into becoming Killer Frost, looking for mustard at Star Labs and getting left behind, and asking Sara if she "hit that" were some of my favorite moments.

Other moments would include:

Alex asking Kara if there were any clouds on Earth-1 because everything was so bright due to her hangover.

Oliver saying, "Quick reminder. Super speed, I don't have it" when Flash and Supergirl had to wait on him to make it to the construction site.

Earth X Snart telling Ray that he waited to attack so he could make a pun at the perfect time.

Reverse Flash telling Kara that he fought Superman once in the future and defeated him.

RE: Crisis on Earth X - Hell Rell - 12-12-2017

I agree with you about Felicity. She really suffered from her expanded role and making her Oliver's one and only. I didn't bother finishing season 4 because I couldn't take all that manufactured drama. She worked in her limited role of the earlier seasons but I get the feeling she's too much of a writer's pet and the show suffers for it.

Moving on, another thing I liked was the characterization of Dark Arrow and Overgirl. They were clearly scumbags but they weren't just mustache-twirling villains. I believed their love story, more than Oliver/Felicity's and I'm not kidding, and I even think the show may have done too good of a job at humanizing them because I thought they made for good villains who I wouldn't mind making a couple more appearances. I still don't understand why Thawne was allying himself with them wholeheartedly unless it was just another way to mess with Barry.

Romantic blunders aside, this crossover succeeded in making me enjoy all the awesome fun I was seeing onscreen rather than bringing my cynical side out. That suit up scene they did during the Arrow portion was campy, cheesy, and completely unnecessary. Yet, I freaking loved it especially with the mixing of all of their themes.

It's hard to pick out the best scene but I thought that whole wedding battle was the most incredible of the battles. Everyone there got their chance to shine. Killer Frost whipped out that armsicle, Barry and Wally catching bullets and throwing them back into the gun, Alex and Sara kicking ass, Mick being Mick, Cisco vibing Oliver onto the balcony to fight Prometheus, and Kara finishing off the battle with her thunder clap.