Grimm Forum
who do you think was the most trusting character? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: who do you think was the most trusting character? (/Thread-who-do-you-think-was-the-most-trusting-character)

who do you think was the most trusting character? - WispyWillow - 05-26-2018

adalind probably was the most trusting

RE: who do you think was the most trusting character? - dicappatore - 05-26-2018

(05-26-2018, 07:25 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: adalind probably was the most trusting

Wu, the poor guy ate a couch and a rug.

RE: who do you think was the most trusting character? - New Guy - 05-27-2018

Hi Forum,
The topic of "Trust" brings to mind the betrayal and murder of my favorite character, Kelly:
From 4.22, "Cry Havoc"
Quote:Scene: Nick and Hank are at the precinct trying to gather information on the Royals.

Hank: [He is on the phone while Nick looks up info on Kenneth] Any private plane, that should be traveling with a very small child. All right.
[Flashback of Nick finding his and Juliette's bed messy in "Headache". Flashback of Nick finding the computer mouse dirty in "You Don't Know Jack". Nick then quickly stands up]
Hank: Got to go. [He hangs up] What is it?
Nick: She was set up, Hank. My mother was smart. There was no way she would have showed up if she didn't think she was safe, especially with the child.
Hank: Why would she come here at all? You didn't contact her.
Nick: Somebody did, and the only way could have been from my computer.
Hank: So who had access?
Nick: Only me... and Juliette.
Hank: Kelly would have trusted her.
Nick: With her life.
Hank: I think maybe she did, Nick.

Scene: Nick arrives home and goes inside where Juliette is waiting.

Juliette: I didn't know Kenneth was gonna do that.
Nick: She trusted you.
Juliette: I know. I thought they just wanted Diana.
Nick: You betrayed her! [He grabs her and pins her against a wall to choke her]
Juliette: [Gasping] Do it, Nick. Kill me. Just do it. Do it. [She gasps more. Nick lets go of her and she catches her breath] You can't put me out of your misery, huh? I hope you're not going to tell me you're still in love with me.
Nick: Get out.
Juliette: After everything I've done for you, you think that's how we're gonna end it? You should have killed me when you had the chance. [She woges and pushes Nick across the room into a wall. Then, she throws him part way through a window, drags him back, and smacks him across his face. She retracts and looks at Nick on the ground]

Kelly made the mistake of trusting Hexenette and paid the ultimate price.

N G

RE: who do you think was the most trusting character? - eric - 05-27-2018

Adeline. When she was finally let out of the dungeon, she believed that the royals did not have Diana, even tho had lied-maybe- about having her. The quote at the beginning of the episode was something like "A liar will not be trusted, even when he is telling the truth." I assumed the episode would show her getting out of the dungeon and starting to work with as a mole for the resistance. By then she should have trusted no one.

RE: who do you think was the most trusting character? - irukandji - 05-27-2018

I would have to say the human element (Wu, Juliette, and Hank) were the most trusting of the scoobies. They cannot see the wesen world. Instead they have to rely on verbal accounts by the wesen themselves. It takes a great deal of trust to believe in something simply because someone says it's so.

RE: who do you think was the most trusting character? - eric - 05-27-2018

(05-27-2018, 07:56 AM)irukandji Wrote: I would have to say the human element (Wu, Juliette, and Hank) were the most trusting of the scoobies. They cannot see the wesen world. Instead they have to rely on verbal accounts by the wesen themselves. It takes a great deal of trust to believe in something simply because someone says it's so.
They did not believe something they couldn't see--they actually saw wessen. Hank in the episode where his friend's daughter had been kidnapped, Wu seeing several wessen before Nick and Hank explained it to him, Juliette during the show and tell at the Spice Shop.

RE: who do you think was the most trusting character? - irukandji - 05-27-2018

(05-27-2018, 08:34 AM)eric Wrote:
(05-27-2018, 07:56 AM)irukandji Wrote: I would have to say the human element (Wu, Juliette, and Hank) were the most trusting of the scoobies. They cannot see the wesen world. Instead they have to rely on verbal accounts by the wesen themselves. It takes a great deal of trust to believe in something simply because someone says it's so.
They did not believe something they couldn't see--they actually saw wessen. Hank in the episode where his friend's daughter had been kidnapped, Wu seeing several wessen before Nick and Hank explained it to him, Juliette during the show and tell at the Spice Shop.

I don't recall stating that the humans never saw a wesen. They did. But does seeing a few wesen actually give them a complete and total insight into the wesen world? I would have to say no. They still have to rely on Nick's word or the words wesen scoobies use to fill them in.

Hank was exposed to wesen more than any of them and I can recall him asking Nick from time to time, "was it a wesen"? Nick says yes, and Hank has to trust him. That's his partner. To doubt Nick puts Hank's life at great jeopardy.

When was it that Juliette ever questioned the efficacy of any kind of potion Rosalee prepared? As I recall, never. Yet Juliette had no idea what Rosalee was conjuring or the reaction it would cause. I can recall her suffering side effects from one of Rosalee's concoctions. Yet she still trusted her anyway Rosalee told her a certain type of potion would cure an illness as the result of a spell.

You're talking about Adalind being trusting because she believed the royals said they had Diana. She did, but that was a one time thing. The human element had to believe Nick and the wesen scoobies time and time again.

RE: who do you think was the most trusting character? - eric - 05-28-2018

(05-27-2018, 09:45 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-27-2018, 08:34 AM)eric Wrote: [quote='irukandji' pid='70608' dateline='1527433003']
I would have to say the human element (Wu, Juliette, and Hank) were the most trusting of the scoobies. They cannot see the wesen world. Instead they have to rely on verbal accounts by the wesen themselves. It takes a great deal of trust to believe in something simply because someone says it's so.

I don't recall stating that the humans never saw a wesen. They did. But does seeing a few wesen actually give them a complete and total insight into the wesen world? I would have to say no. They still have to rely on Nick's word or the words wesen scoobies use to fill them in.

Hank was exposed to wesen more than any of them and I can recall him asking Nick from time to time, "was it a wesen"? Nick says yes, and Hank has to trust him. That's his partner. To doubt Nick puts Hank's life at great jeopardy.

When was it that Juliette ever questioned the efficacy of any kind of potion Rosalee prepared? As I recall, never. Yet Juliette had no idea what Rosalee was conjuring or the reaction it would cause. I can recall her suffering side effects from one of Rosalee's concoctions. Yet she still trusted her anyway Rosalee told her a certain type of potion would cure an illness as the result of a spell.

You're talking about Adalind being trusting because she believed the royals said they had Diana. She did, but that was a one time thing. The human element had to believe Nick and the wesen scoobies time and time again.
[/quoteJust seeing a wessen and believing they are real are two different things. Hank and Wu saw wessen and thought they were going crazy. Hank and Wu were shown what was behind the curtain and started-started- to understand. They learned a lot from the books and from the gang. Juliette questioned the potion given to Nick that made him collapse on the floor and turn red, she trusted the potion to change her into Adeline, she sure questioned the "cure" being offered in the Spice Shop-she learned from experience to question potions.
Adeline trusted her mom and Renard until they got rid of her like a bad smell. She trusted Eric until she overheard the conversation with the King. She trusted Frau Peche and the the Gypsey Queen. She trusted Meisner on sight, Kelly ditto. She trusted Renard with her child in the station. She trusted Monroe and Rosalee, even tho they both knew who kidnapped her first born. She trusted Victor twice, bad choice. Let's seen, anyone left out?

RE: who do you think was the most trusting character? - irukandji - 06-01-2018

(05-28-2018, 07:04 AM)eric Wrote: Just seeing a wessen and believing they are real are two different things. Hank and Wu saw wessen and thought they were going crazy. Hank and Wu were shown what was behind the curtain and started-started- to understand. They learned a lot from the books and from the gang. Juliette questioned the potion given to Nick that made him collapse on the floor and turn red, she trusted the potion to change her into Adeline, she sure questioned the "cure" being offered in the Spice Shop-she learned from experience to question potions.

Adeline trusted her mom and Renard until they got rid of her like a bad smell. She trusted Eric until she overheard the conversation with the King. She trusted Frau Peche and the the Gypsey Queen. She trusted Meisner on sight, Kelly ditto. She trusted Renard with her child in the station. She trusted Monroe and Rosalee, even tho they both knew who kidnapped her first born. She trusted Victor twice, bad choice. Let's seen, anyone left out?

In most of the cases you're stating above, Adalind had to trust because she benefitted. In the case of Frau Peche and the Gypsy Queen, Adalind received what she set out to obtain; a new hexenbiest. She trusted Renard and she trusted Kelly because it was for her and her baby's benefit. In other words, she and her baby were delivered to safety.

I'm not saying her trust was always a benefit to her. She trusted Kelly, Nick, and the others and they betrayed her for it and took Diana from her. So her trust went against her. However, she trusted them again, for her and her child's benefit, and her trust paid off.

In my opinion, Adalind's trust in others is really a small thing in comparison to the humans' trust in Nick and the wesen scoobies. That trust was an everyday occurrence and not always to their benefit.