Grimm Forum
Difference between Nick's two relationships - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Difference between Nick's two relationships (/Thread-Difference-between-Nick-s-two-relationships)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Difference between Nick's two relationships - wesen - 10-12-2017

These two scenes emphasises/highlights why Nick's relationship with Juliette didn't work out, and why his relationship with Adalind did. In both cases, Nick declares he would never hurt either of them, but the reaction between the two hexenbiests are a marked contrast from each other:

Juliette & Nick
Quote:Juliette: Aren't you scared of what you might do to me?
Nick: I could never hurt you, Juliette.
Juliette: I wish I could say the same
. But I just don't know anymore, because deep down, I do blame you for what's happened to me, and part of me loves you for it, because I have never felt like this before. It's ironic, isn't it? You've been the special one for so long. You're connected to a world that most people will never know or understand. And now I know and I understand, and I don't want to give it up, just like you didn't want to give it up. And now I know why. Once you're in it and you've... seen it and tasted it and... lived it, you can't go back. Everyone else just seems blind. I like this power, Nick, and I know you do too.
Nick: Stop it!
Juliette: I can't. You really think that you can just... take off your clothes and crawl into bed with me again? [She woges] And close your eyes? [She retracts] You know, I didn't mean to let them arrest me. I just wanted to see if you'd come rescue me.

Adalind & Nick
Quote:Nick: Well, you're telling me now.
Adalind: I wanted to. I tried. I really did. I just got too scared.
Nick: [He holds Adalind's hand] I told you I would never hurt you.
Adalind: People change their mind, Nick.
Nick: I lost my mom when I was 12... and then I got her back, and... I lost her again. I would never do that to Kelly.
Adalind: And I would never hurt you. [She tears up and sighs] I'm just worried the world's never gonna leave us alone.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - irukandji - 10-12-2017

There was no difference in the two relationships. Juliette was no longer a factor, so Adalind replaced her by reverting into what Nick wanted all along, which was another Juliette. The only thing Adalind did differently was to bring children into the mix.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - wesen - 10-12-2017

How was she another Juliette though? Juliette expected/demanded more from Nick than Adalind ever did. Juliette was well aware of how much Nick was in love with her, because she even asks him in that dialogue if HE is scared of hurting HER. Due to Juliette's personality, she is naturally more aloof, independent, confident, and analytical in her thinking. That is not a bad thing btw. Adalind presented herself as more stereotypically 'female' in her ways, her human nature is far more softer, vulnerable, and I guess you can say more trusting,'affectionate/warmer' towards Nick.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - dicappatore - 10-12-2017

This is an easy one. Adalind was the Hexenbiest Juliette refused to be.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - degrimm - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 06:47 PM)dicappatore Wrote: This is an easy one. Adalind was the Hexenbiest Juliette refused to be.

Yeah you are right but adalind was a hexenbiest all along so how difficult is that to be what you have always been.

(10-12-2017, 06:05 PM)wesen Wrote: How was she another Juliette though? Juliette expected/demanded more from Nick than Adalind ever did. Juliette was well aware of how much Nick was in love with her, because she even asks him in that dialogue if HE is scared of hurting HER. Due to Juliette's personality, she is naturally more aloof, independent, confident, and analytical in her thinking. That is not a bad thing btw. Adalind presented herself as more stereotypically 'female' in her ways, her human nature is far more softer, vulnerable, and I guess you can say more trusting,'affectionate/warmer' towards Nick.

GREAT ANALYSIS- completely agree with you on that but "aloof" i might not say or put it that way.

(10-12-2017, 10:06 PM)degrimm Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 06:47 PM)dicappatore Wrote: This is an easy one. Adalind was the Hexenbiest Juliette refused to be.

Yeah you are right but adalind was a hexenbiest all along so how difficult is that to be what you have always been.

(10-12-2017, 06:05 PM)wesen Wrote: How was she another Juliette though? Juliette expected/demanded more from Nick than Adalind ever did. Juliette was well aware of how much Nick was in love with her, because she even asks him in that dialogue if HE is scared of hurting HER. Due to Juliette's personality, she is naturally more aloof, independent, confident, and analytical in her thinking. That is not a bad thing btw. Adalind presented herself as more stereotypically 'female' in her ways, her human nature is far more softer, vulnerable, and I guess you can say more trusting,'affectionate/warmer' towards Nick.

GREAT ANALYSIS- completely agree with you on that but "aloof" i might not say or put it that way.

My only thought was if juliette was pregnant and a hexenbiest at same time, how would it had gone down because like @irukandji said a child was in the mix; nick hated hexenbiest all along esp when they had a child but it came to having a baby for him, he suddenly loves them and has no problem with them and juliette is now left

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - rpmaluki - 10-13-2017

In Juliette's case, the problem was assuming Nick would act a certain way and taking preemptive measures based on that assumption instead of giving Nick the opportunity to prove her wrong. His love for her (or hers for him) was no longer enough to work through this latest issue. Nick said he would never hurt her but I don't think she believed him.

Adalind made the same assumption that Nick would hurt her but she hoped he wouldn't and believed him. That's it. (Edit: Typo, I meant to say...) Love was not an issue for them at this stage despite Adalind's feelings for him so she couldn't rely on a pre-existing loving relationship, in fact she had an antagonistic relationship with Nick almost up to Kelly's birth that should have made her extremely nervous and trigger happy to defend herself against him had she not trusted him.

Nick had reasons not to harm/hurt either hexenbiest, one for love and the other for his son's sake but the reaction between the two hexenbiest are as different as night is to day.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - irukandji - 10-13-2017

It's interesting that you compared the two women. But it still comes down to this, in my opinion. Whether we see Juliette as aloof or not, she was always there for Nick. Up until she became a hexenbiest. Whether we see Adalind as more vulnerable or not, she was always there for Nick. When she gave up being a hexenbiest. All they did was exchange places. Oh, and Adalind brought her kids into the warehouse.

What I am saying is they can change the women all they want. But it's a waste of time if none of those changes have any bearing on the main character. Neither woman changed Nick.

Before anyone says this is Grimm and Nick is a grimm, I will totally agree with that. But then why waste female characters and children on him? He easily could have come home to an empty house, went to sleep and started the whole story rolling all over again, only this time with a different wesen of the week.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - degrimm - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 03:59 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: In Juliette's case, the problem was assuming Nick would act a certain way and taking preemptive measures based on that assumption instead of giving Nick the opportunity to prove her wrong. His love for her (or hers for him) was no longer enough to work through this latest issue. Nick said he would never hurt her but I don't think she believed him.

Adalind made the same assumption that Nick would hurt her but she hoped he wouldn't and believed him. That's it. Love was an issue for them at this stage despite Adalind's feelings for him so she couldn't rely on a pre-existing loving relationship, in fact she had an antagonistic relationship with Nick almost up to Kelly's birth that should have made her extremely nervous and trigger happy to defend herself against him had she not trusted him.

Which was what i said, juliette gave nick her life to protect in season 1, did a crappy job at doing it, she got a gun and even that didn't help. she got poisoned by adalind's cat and the thing does, was to take her to the hospital only without a thought of thinking that they will have no solution to it until monroe told him that the hospital isn't the way out. She kept on living in nick amnesia phase with nick doing nothing until things got worst and nick started venting unnecessary anger.
Adalind didn't necessarily need love, she didn't want to be alone and getting it with a baby for nick, seem like a perfect opportunity.

(10-13-2017, 03:59 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nick had reasons not to harm/hurt either hexenbiest, one for love and the other for his son's sake but the reaction between the two hexenbiest are as different as night is to day.

yes they were different especially when it comes one person who has lived with the spirit throughout her entire life and one who had just lived with it for less than a month. the hexenbiest is a spirit which isn't something that can be controlled by ordinary human being, when there isn't a manual for it. think of it like a demon spirit or embodying a supernatural being, like a holy spirit, you all talk as if it's like water you can just drink and nothing will happen to you.
When adalind lost the spirit in S01, what did she do??, she went about causing havock. so she lost it again temporarily in S04, she has a hang of it, she knows how to act normal. How come the reaction won't be different.

(10-13-2017, 04:14 AM)irukandji Wrote:

It's interesting that you compared the two women. But it still comes down to this, in my opinion. Whether we see Juliette as aloof or not, she was always there for Nick. Up until she became a hexenbiest. Whether we see Adalind as more vulnerable or not, she was always there for Nick. When she gave up being a hexenbiest. All they did was exchange places. Oh, and Adalind brought her kids into the warehouse.

What I am saying is they can change the women all they want. But it's a waste of time if none of those changes have any bearing on the main character. Neither woman changed Nick.

Before anyone says this is Grimm and Nick is a grimm, I will totally agree with that. But then why waste female characters and children on him? He easily could have come home to an empty house, went to sleep and started the whole story rolling all over again, only this time with a different wesen of the week.

these "aloof" word being mentioned, you guys should know exact meaning to certain words before it's used, Because juliette was a complete opposite to what tha word really meant. She was the one that made nick, monroe and rosalee more Platonically intimate. Brought them together, had dinner together, made him had more friendly relationships and also made him had less of a boring relationship compared to nick and adalind.
If someone can show or give me one exciting event or funny event or funny convo nick and adalind had when they got together, please talk

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - dicappatore - 10-13-2017

My only thought was if juliette was pregnant and a hexenbiest at same time, how would it had gone down because like @irukandji said a child was in the mix; nick hated hexenbiest all along esp when they had a child but it came to having a baby for him, he suddenly loves them and has no problem with them and juliette is now left

Just because Adalind was born a Hex and Juliette wasn’t, is not the point. The Adalind we start to see after baby Kelly is born is not the same Adalind we see from that first episode to the Adalind we see in the police station cowering behind Nick.

She dug up her mom to make the Hex suppression potion and she drank it. No one forced her to drink it. She chose to do so. Juliette was presented with the same option. You can state all the dialogue, scenes, condition and reasons why she didn’t have to drink the potion. She chose not to. End of that discussion!

Even without drinking the potion, Juliette decided to seek vengeance instead of walking away from it all. We can discuss the why’s all day long why she chose what she did. If anyone of the two women whom deserved to see Nick’s mom head in a box, was Adalind. WTF did Kelly do to Juliette to deserve what she did? It all comes down to choices. Both women were presented with choices.

As for your quote,
Quote: he suddenly loves them and has no problem with them and Juliette is now left
. Juliette chose to be “left”

As for “he suddenly loves them”? Was it really that “Suddenly”? Do we need to post the definition of “Suddenly”?

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - rpmaluki - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 04:38 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:59 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: In Juliette's case, the problem was assuming Nick would act a certain way and taking preemptive measures based on that assumption instead of giving Nick the opportunity to prove her wrong. His love for her (or hers for him) was no longer enough to work through this latest issue. Nick said he would never hurt her but I don't think she believed him.

Adalind made the same assumption that Nick would hurt her but she hoped he wouldn't and believed him. That's it. Love was an issue for them at this stage despite Adalind's feelings for him so she couldn't rely on a pre-existing loving relationship, in fact she had an antagonistic relationship with Nick almost up to Kelly's birth that should have made her extremely nervous and trigger happy to defend herself against him had she not trusted him.

Which was what i said, juliette gave nick her life to protect in season 1, did a crappy job at doing it, she got a gun and even that didn't help. she got poisoned by adalind's cat and the thing does, was to take her to the hospital only without a thought of thinking that they will have no solution to it until monroe told him that the hospital isn't the way out. She kept on living in nick amnesia phase with nick doing nothing until things got worst and nick started venting unnecessary anger.
Adalind didn't necessarily need love, she didn't want to be alone and getting it with a baby for nick, seem like a perfect opportunity.

(10-13-2017, 03:59 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nick had reasons not to harm/hurt either hexenbiest, one for love and the other for his son's sake but the reaction between the two hexenbiest are as different as night is to day.

yes they were different especially when it comes one person who has lived with the spirit throughout her entire life and one who had just lived with it for less than a month. the hexenbiest is a spirit which isn't something that can be controlled by ordinary human being, when there isn't a manual for it. think of it like a demon spirit or embodying a supernatural being, like a holy spirit, you all talk as if it's like water you can just drink and nothing will happen to you.
When adalind lost the spirit in S01, what did she do??, she went about causing havock. so she lost it again temporarily in S04, she has a hang of it, she knows how to act normal. How come the reaction won't be different.

(10-13-2017, 04:14 AM)irukandji Wrote:

these "aloof" word being mentioned, you guys should know exact meaning to certain words before it's used, Because juliette was a complete opposite to what tha word really meant. She was the one that made nick, monroe and rosalee more Platonically intimate. Brought them together, had dinner together, made him had more friendly relationships and also made him had less of a boring relationship compared to nick and adalind.
If someone can show or give me one exciting event or funny event or funny convo nick and adalind had when they got together, please talk
You are correct, Juliette wasn't aloof, that's more like Nick especially in the end. Nick is a reserved individual (Juliette talks about coaxing him about celebrating Christmas in one episode). He made friends with Monroe but I think that was more because of Monroe's curiousity than anything else. Adalind managed to click with Nick later in her life because of choosing a different path for herself, rejecting her more destructive tendencies for her son's sake and also needing shelter. In the beginning, it was about not rocking the boat to give Nick an excuse to kick her out and later she fell in love with him and their little unconventional set up, which explains why she was hesitant about telling him the truth, she did want to lose him. They lived in a sort of bubble that neither wanted to see destroyed and it worked for them.

Nick had opened up Juliette's world and more so after becoming a hexenbiest, once she got a taste, she found she liked it and couldn't go back to living with Nick as before because he was comfortable with the past and didn't want that changed.

I think N/J could have made it work if they made the effort and Juliette didn't burn the trailer or set up Nick's mother and if Adalind had stayed away from Portland. At least their chances would have looked promising.