Grimm Forum
How do you see the Nick/Adalind/Diana at the end - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: How do you see the Nick/Adalind/Diana at the end (/Thread-How-do-you-see-the-Nick-Adalind-Diana-at-the-end)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: How do you see the Nick/Adalind/Diana at the end - Robyn - 10-22-2017

Henry wrote:
Quote:Renard was a skilled minipulater that's for sure but you have to remember he came from a more privileged background ground than most of the people he was Manipulating maybe Boneparte more on his level was just better than him.
Renard was of Royal blood but he wasn’t acknowledged nor did he grow up as a Royal. Instead, Renard and his mother fled Europe to escape the Queen’s assassins while his father did nothing to protect them. I don’t see Renard as being a master manipulator because of a privileged lifestyle, but rather, because of his forced exile. Renard loathed the Royals and wanted revenge for how he and his mother were treated.

It’s ironic that Renard’s father allowed him to be taken away rather than compromise his lifestyle/standing, then Renard did the exact same when his child was at risk. Renard may have hated his father but he was exactly like him.

RE: How do you see the Nick/Adalind/Diana at the end - Henry of green - 10-22-2017

Yes but I still remember it being stated he went to finest schools then was forced to flee in kings private jet, when I think it was the queen Erics mother who wanted him dead. He had a lot more of a privileged upbringing than nick or Adalind.I don't think Katherine had much money she seemed like the type to leech onto any powerful man she could. Adalind became a lawyer through her own hard work specifally beacuse she wanted to be better than her mother. As she stated in episode 12 of season 5.He did though have a far harder upbringing than the rest of the Royals maybe that's why he's still alive and most of them aren't beacuse he's a survivor.

RE: How do you see the Nick/Adalind/Diana at the end - rpmaluki - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 07:31 AM)Robyn Wrote: I get that, and I agree, Renard was a skillful puppet master for four seasons, fooling Nick and the Resistance into believing he was a trustworthy ally. But for me, the reality is that the creative team wrote the bad guy character as a skillful puppet master and the central character/hero as easily manipulated and duped for the benefit of their stories. The fictional characters are simply doing what they were written to do. I don’t really care whether a character is a good guy or bad guy, only that they’re interesting and entertaining to watch.

I enjoyed Adalind’s storylines in the first three seasons because she was interesting and entertaining. I enjoyed her storyline less in the last three seasons because she wasn’t as interesting and entertaining. But antagonists are generally more interesting and complicated because the writers can take more liberties with their characterization and evolution.

It’s the same with Renard. I wasn’t surprised that he joined BC because the organization offered him a quick route to political power, but I was very disappointed that Renard suddenly lacked the manipulating and strategizing skills he had successfully utilized for four seasons.
Characters do act as they are written.. They are puppets on a strings, punfortunately that doesn't negate viewers responding to them either positively or negative or somewhere in between.

RE: How do you see the Nick/Adalind/Diana at the end - Robyn - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 10:23 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Characters do act as they are written.. They are puppets on a strings, punfortunately that doesn't negate viewers responding to them either positively or negative or somewhere in between.
Exactly. Viewers like, dislike or are ambivalent to a character and his/her storyline depending on their personal preferences. Neither reaction is right or wrong, especially when the fate of those involved is completely fictional.

RE: How do you see the Nick/Adalind/Diana at the end - irukandji - 02-20-2022

(10-22-2017, 05:54 AM)wesen Wrote: Sorry i should have clarified what I meant. I wasn't trying to write that Nick and Diana forned a closer bond because Nick kept it a secret from the others but more like they forned a bond because they are the only ones who can remember the whole incident with Z. In my intended scenario, Nick would have told the others, which as rpmaluki wrote, explains how Kelly knew about it. But because the others would still have no memory of it, it wouldn' affect them the way it would Nick and Diana. It's like when people go through a traumatic event, others might sympathise or empathise, but they wouldnt be able to relate and connect the same way another person who has gone through the same trauma could. Thats what i meant about their bond.

If this is an ending that works for you, that's great. From my perspective, I think the "other Diana" knew only what she revealed. From what I remember, she said Zerstorer did not come back this time (paraphrasing), Eve was a hexenbiest again, she saw the two Grimms, she brought Nick back for Adalind, and I believe she mentioned not being afraid anymore. She never talked about being under Zerstorer's thrall, of making 100 babies, or even of seeing her "other mommy" again. She didn't voice any pride that her "other mommy" helped bring down Zerstorer and she didn't question why her "other mommy" made a comment to take care of her brother, but not her.

In my opinion, that not only points to Diana seeing or perceiving only a few things about the incident, it also points to the fact that she, like the rest of them are of a different dimension and only doing the things they did prior to Zerstorer making his appearance, and even then, there were differences. The real characters of the story were killed by Zerstorer or forgotten in the other dimension.

Would Nick have really sat down with Kelly and related the incident as it occurred? I think not. Also, I can't see a grown man going to Diana as a child and wanting to share the memories of Zerstorer. I think it would be too traumatic to Diana to be told things she wouldn't remember, much less about a monster who she admitted frightened her. That would be one of the cruelest things Nick could do.

RE: How do you see the Nick/Adalind/Diana at the end - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-20-2022

Diana said she brought Nick back for Adalind and saw the "other grimms" in the "other" timeline that didn't exist anymore. In the final timeline, she knew that Eve was a hexenbiest again, which means she knew that she had lost it in the other timeline. She also knew that Z didn't come through, which implies, but doesn't outright say, that she knew he came through before. So we can conclude that Diana knew there was another sequence of events that was changed, but we really do not know in how much detail.

Diana seemed to have warmed up to Nick a lot already before the finale, so I think we are meant to see the part of season 6 where Diana was living in the fome with Nick, Adalind and Kelly as a longer period of time than the number of episodes that were actually made.

You know, I would have to disagree that Diana was warming up to Nick. Even at the end of the series, she didn't rush forward to hug Nick when he came back. Instead she was with her father and for all but a fraction of the ending when Nick hugged her, she went back to Renard. 

I know Diana was aware that Eve lost her hexenbiest in the other timeline and I know she knew of the other grimms. I was the one who said it. But there were a number of important things that Diana didn't know, much more important than Eve losing her hexenbiest or bringing Nick back for her mother. That leads me to believe that Nick is the only one who knows the real story. I would assume it was the stick who created this world for Nick and so he gets a happy ending.

RE: How do you see the Nick/Adalind/Diana at the end - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-20-2022

In episode 4, Diana is giving Nick ominous stink-eye looks and her dad is priming her to be his secret squirrel in the fome. But the very next episode she's asking Adalind if her dad was one of the very bad men who killed Meisner, and two episodes later, she and Nick are at the very least friendly smiling roomies. The real world explanation is, of course, that with the truncated final season the original "Renard as the new big bad" plan for the season got tossed and Diana's hostility and suspicion about Nick went with it, but within the universe of the story, two weeks is a really short time for that amount of change.

Not to mention Diana setting Renard up for Bonaparte's death and then lying about it afterwards.

RE: How do you see the Nick/Adalind/Diana at the end - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-21-2022

Yes, even in the previous season Diana was not totally without suspicion of Renard. Another plot thread that got tossed out with no explanation.