Grimm Forum
Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' (/Thread-Bitsie-Tulloch-Audition-for-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - WispyWillow - 10-07-2017

RE: Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - Devegs - 10-07-2017

Interesting to see that originally Nick would have told Juliette a lot earlier about Aunt Marie and the whole Grimm thing. Her reaction was still the same as her reaction during the onscreen version which was 'Nick you're probably under a lot of stress and kinda going crazy'. I don't blame her for that kind of reaction though because it does sound kinda crazy. She was a kehrseite. Also, she was a bit of a pragmatist and was a little dispassionate to some extent so that would be her normal reaction to that kind of news. However, like Dicap pointed out, having a loved one (especially one who wasn't part of their world) with that kind of life was a liability. She became the whipping boy for some of Nick's grimming actions. This pretty much sums why Aunt Marie thought Nick should break it off with Juliette.

RE: Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - Hexenadler - 10-07-2017

(10-07-2017, 02:52 PM)Devegs Wrote: However, like Dicap pointed out, having a loved (especially one who wasn't part of their world) with that kind of life was a liability. She became the whipping boy for some of Nick's grimming actions. This pretty much sums why Aunt Marie thought Nick should break it off with Juliette.

Yes, because hunkering down with his former rapist was SUCH a better alternative. Honestly, I think you're imbuing Nick and Juliette's relationship (prior to Juliette's transformation) with nasty subtexts that never existed to begin with.

RE: Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - dicappatore - 10-07-2017

(10-07-2017, 03:49 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 02:52 PM)Devegs Wrote: However, like Dicap pointed out, having a loved (especially one who wasn't part of their world) with that kind of life was a liability. She became the whipping boy for some of Nick's grimming actions. This pretty much sums why Aunt Marie thought Nick should break it off with Juliette.

Yes, because hunkering down with his former rapist was SUCH a better alternative. Honestly, I think you're imbuing Nick and Juliette's relationship (prior to Juliette's transformation) with nasty subtexts that never existed to begin with.

Yea because Juliette sure treated him fair, even without her memories of him. Her lack of her memories of him revealed a Juliette we never saw before. A superlative pretentious "I think I am better that Nick” persona that was the true Juliette, which you won’t admit.

As for Nick and Adalind. Baby Kelly was their child and he was not responsible for their actions. Nick might have been raped by Adalind but to a Hexenbiest. IMO, what I saw in Adalind’s eyes, losing her Hex, was just as bad to her. If anyone had reasons to be turned on Nick and his mom Kelly, as Juliette did, was Adalind. You want to talk about forgiveness, Nick had some coming from her also. And they did both finally reconcile, unlike Juliette trying to hide behind Eve.

RE: Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - Devegs - 10-07-2017

Yes, because hunkering down with his former rapist was SUCH a better alternative.

Yes! Yes! Hunkering down with Adalind made way more sense to me when it happened. Call it a boon for me if you will. I got something I didn't know I would like. Sweet! High fives for everyone who wants one.

Quote:Honestly, I think you're imbuing Nick and Juliette's relationship (prior to Juliette's transformation) with nasty subtexts that never existed to begin with.

Err...? How was Juliette being Nick's whipping boy for his grimm actions untrue? Should I count the ways? What about when she was kidnapped by Ariel? or when Adalind got her scratched by Magique into a coma? Or the love spell afterwards. Need I go on?

Or was it because I called Juliette 'a little dispassionate to some extent'? A lot of people had noted (I included) the way she was sometimes expressionless or sometimes it seemed like she was emotionless. I say it's the character. Unless, you believe it was Bitsie who couldn't show the right expressions or emotions. Being pragmatic is a personality trait and not a derogatory so that can not be nasty subtext now can it? She was being pragmatic when she decided to help Nick get his grimm back. She really didn't want it for them but was being practical about the situation and her involvement.

RE: Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - brandon - 10-07-2017

If Juliette had seen that instead of Adalind, maybe Ariel..?

RE: Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - dicappatore - 10-07-2017

The only part of this I have to disagree about Juliette is her being the whipping boy for him being a Grimm. Her whipping was orchestrated by the Royals, starting with Sean the the rest, ending with Kenneth. And what does she do? Rewards them both. Blame Nick for being the Grimm. Blame the Royals for her predicaments.

RE: Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - wesen - 10-07-2017

(10-07-2017, 04:03 PM)Devegs Wrote:

Yes, because hunkering down with his former rapist was SUCH a better alternative.

Yes! Yes! Hunkering down with Adalind made way more sense to me when it happened. Call it a boon for me if you will. I got something I didn't know I would like. Sweet! High fives for everyone who wants one.

Quote:Honestly, I think you're imbuing Nick and Juliette's relationship (prior to Juliette's transformation) with nasty subtexts that never existed to begin with.

Err...? How was Juliette being Nick's whipping boy for his grimm actions untrue? Should I count the ways? What about when she was kidnapped by Ariel? or when Adalind got her scratched by Magique into a coma? Or the love spell afterwards. Need I go on?

Or was it because I called Juliette 'a little dispassionate to some extent'? A lot of people had noted (I included) the way she was sometimes expressionless or sometimes it seemed like she was emotionless. I say it's the character. Unless, you believe it was Bitsie who couldn't show the right expressions or emotions. Being pragmatic is a personality trait and not a derogatory so that can not be nasty subtext now can it? She was being pragmatic when she decided to help Nick get his grimm back. She really didn't want it for them but was being practical about the situation and her involvement.

You actually bring up a good point. Maybe the writers did intend for Juliette to always be the cool, detached character. In some ways, she is similar to Renard. That actually reinforces the idea that Eve has always been Juliette, the cool, practical, calculating side to her. It's just that the Eve side was amplified after going through the intense programming under HW. I've also stated before that Juliette to me represented the 'ice queen' character, someone who can be demanding and cruel, but also is strong, smart, and capable.

Ironically, he ended up having a much better relationship with his supposed 'rapist', despite their turbulent history and even after only living together for a year.

RE: Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - rpmaluki - 10-07-2017

Nick sexually assaulted Adalind and took her powers away. Adalind sexually assaulted Nick to take his powers away. What a pair they make. These two no matter the turbulent history had a fairly strong sexual attraction to one another that was apparent from the first episode. They aren't a fairytale couple. They struggled with their history but ultimately overcame it, unexpected and shocking but I appreciate seeing them both trying for the same goal and wanting the same thing as opposed to Nick and Juliette who wanted different things and ended as a result.

Juliette's character wasn't the warm emotive kind. Most of s1 she was kept on the fringes of the show as nothing but Nick's girlfriend without much personality. She showed hints of a (smart) character in the first episode when she turned him down. A writer's mistake especially if they intended for viewers to root for them as a couple. Juliette seemed way more independent of her relationship with Nick than he was of her. It was not so smart sticking around when Nick continues to lie and later risks her life after the truth comes out and secretly preferred a human Nick. There were lies, lack of trust and later high expectations neither couldn't meet, lack of communication and acceptance by either side. They were barely rootworthy, the writers doomed them from the start. I just didn't expect it to actually happen since Juliette was supposedly the leading lady of the show from the supporting cast. I kept waiting and expecting them to fix their deep seeded problems and finally get them to be perfectly in sync as a couple, loving, supportive and accepting of each other Grimm and (eventually) Hexenbiest but that never happened and I'm glad because I have always believed these two were very ill-suited to one another from the start it merely took for years for the writers to end them.

RE: Bitsie Tulloch Audition for 'Grimm' - New Guy - 10-08-2017

(10-07-2017, 09:34 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: They were barely rootworthy, the writers doomed them from the start. I just didn't expect it to actually happen since Juliette was supposedly the leading lady of the show from the supporting cast. I kept waiting and expecting them to fix their deep seeded problems and finally get them to be perfectly in sync as a couple, loving, supportive and accepting of each other
Hi RPM,
Good post. You are correct that Juliette was the "supposed" leading lady. However she was a flop. The wooden woman couldn't convince viewers as Nick's lover. She came across too phony. So G&K killed her off and tried the super powered FrankenEve who was emotionless and Bitsie had that Wooden Woman ready to go. IMO, another flop since Nick as the titular hero should have also been the dominant combatant. G&K blew it when they didn't just leave her dead.
N G