Grimm Forum
Is Adalind is unfairly judged by the Fandom? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Is Adalind is unfairly judged by the Fandom? (/Thread-Is-Adalind-is-unfairly-judged-by-the-Fandom)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Is Adalind is unfairly judged by the Fandom? - bart - 08-24-2017

What do you think?

RE: Is Adalind is unfairly judged by the Fandom? - rpmaluki - 08-25-2017

She earned a lot of the criticism (and hate) by her actions, that will never go away. What made me change my mind about her was being able to see her make the changes within herself to be better FOR HER CHILDREN, not Nick. She went from my most hated character to my second favourite (after Nick) in S3 and S4 and she was still doing messed up things to Nick/the scoobies. I like seeing the character development that was still very independent of Nick (not everything has to revolve around him, something they could have realised with Juliette in the beginning and later with both women).

I happen to like Nick and Adalind together now but that happened accidentally. I could have easily hated them together if I continued in my hatred for her character. I do know that I don't fully love how Adalind's arc swung heavily from being about her children to being about Nick (not always). Sure, she left him for Diana at the end of S5 but she was no longer independent of him once they became lovers. I can love them as a couple and still hate the writing for their relationship.

RE: Is Adalind is unfairly judged by the Fandom? - dicappatore - 08-25-2017

(08-24-2017, 09:44 PM)bart Wrote: What do you think?

Yes, she was judged unfairly. IMO, Adalind started out as a bad girl and becomes a good mother first and a lover second. Juliette went from a nice girlfriend to an evil back-stabbing bitch. To me, these two women, were nowhere close from switching roles. They had the commonality of both being Hexenbiest and able to cook up a great Bolognese, so does my wife. But being bad is not equivalent to evil.

RE: Is Adalind is unfairly judged by the Fandom? - thecdn - 08-25-2017

(08-25-2017, 01:28 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: What made me change my mind about her was being able to see her make the changes within herself to be better FOR HER CHILDREN, not Nick.

Agreed. As a parent that was a very nice thing to see.

Quote:She went from my most hated character to my second favourite (after Nick)

She became my favourite character for these reasons and the fact that Claire is so beautiful she makes my heart melt Big Grin

Quote:I can love them as a couple and still hate the writing for their relationship.

I've been devouring facfic since the end of the series, mostly Nadalind stuff as that makes me happy, and there are some stories out there to do a great job of more fully developing her character and their relationship. I commented on one that if I were a billionaire I'd throw money at people to film the story.

RE: Is Adalind is unfairly judged by the Fandom? - irukandji - 08-25-2017

I don't really see her as being judged unfairly. The series presented us with the facts on hexenbiests. They're treacherous, unpredictable and deceitful. Adalind exhibited all of those qualities. Changing her into a mother who cares for her baby doesn't erase any of what she did, nor does it mean she is now transformed into a good and remorseful person. I think that if the series had been renewed for a 7th season, we would have seen a different Adalind emerge.

It was a travesty to turn her into a domestic who was in so many ways, even blander than Nick.

(08-25-2017, 03:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: It was a travesty to turn her into a domestic who was in so many ways, even blander than Nick.

Agreed they went overboard with domestic Adalind but there is no reason to believe she would go back to evil Adalind while raising two kids in a loving relationship with Nick.

RE: Is Adalind is unfairly judged by the Fandom? - brandon - 08-25-2017

I do not think that Adalind was acting before because of evil or diabolical.

RE: Is Adalind is unfairly judged by the Fandom? - dicappatore - 08-25-2017

(08-25-2017, 09:37 AM)thecdn Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:28 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: What made me change my mind about her was being able to see her make the changes within herself to be better FOR HER CHILDREN, not Nick.

Agreed. As a parent that was a very nice thing to see.

Quote:She went from my most hated character to my second favourite (after Nick)

She became my favourite character for these reasons and the fact that Claire is so beautiful she makes my heart melt Big Grin

Quote:I can love them as a couple and still hate the writing for their relationship.

I've been devouring facfic since the end of the series, mostly Nadalind stuff as that makes me happy, and there are some stories out there to do a great job of more fully developing her character and their relationship. I commented on one that if I were a billionaire I'd throw money at people to film the story.

thecdn, you have to admit one thing about Adalind. In that final group hug scene. She had screwed three of the five men in the room.

RE: Is Adalind is unfairly judged by the Fandom? - irukandji - 08-25-2017

(08-25-2017, 04:36 PM)thecdn Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 03:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: It was a travesty to turn her into a domestic who was in so many ways, even blander than Nick.

Agreed they went overboard with domestic Adalind but there is no reason to believe she would go back to evil Adalind while raising two kids in a loving relationship with Nick.

Not with a shortened season six. The creators simply tied up the loose ends in the series. But I have a feeling that if the series went on to season 7, the character of Adalind would be changing and it would be Monroe and Rosalee who would be spotlighted as being in the loving relationship with their children.

(08-25-2017, 06:04 PM)dicappatore Wrote: thecdn, you have to admit one thing about Adalind. In that final group hug scene. She had screwed three of the five men in the room.

And? Juliette slept with two of the men in the room, and Nick had slept with two of the women. The vast majority of adults have had multiple partners in their lives.

Adalind would be the first to admit two of the three were in her 'evil' phase. Maybe even the first time with Nick Wink