Grimm Forum
Julliete burns the trailer down - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Julliete burns the trailer down (/Thread-Julliete-burns-the-trailer-down)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-05-2020

The night Marie came to pick up Nick (and towing the trailer, no less; I wonder where she stashed it to prevent Nick from seeing stuff she didn't want him to) she was just expecting to keep him safe for a short time until his parents could come for him. She didn't come across as the motherly type then. Nick seemed fond of her though, so she apparently did a reasonable job of mellowing to the idea. But I imagine having to give up her relationship with Farley Kolt to raise Nick, plus the fate of Nick's parents, firmly set into her mind the idea that a relationship between a grimm and a non-grimm could never fare well.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - irukandji - 07-05-2020

I think Nick was fond of her because there no was else was there for him to be fond of. His mother never came back, so all he had was Marie. There was nothing on Marie's part, however, that suggested she was fond of Nick. She may have looked upon raising him as something she had to do and nothing more.

Nick spoke fondly of Marie at several points during the series, but we didn't get very many scenes with Marie so we know very little about her feelings for him.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - irukandji - 07-05-2020

Of course. Everyone has their own opinion of her. I'm just saying the recent posts say volumes about why Nick treated Juliette the way he did.

Except that Nick did not follow Marie's guidance, which was to separate himself from Juliette.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - irukandji - 07-06-2020

Sure, Nick ignored her advice. That night. But she doesn't know that he isn't going to follow through, and even more importantly, the audience doesn't know that he isn't going to follow through. All they know is he didn't throw Juliette out that night. Nick never once counters by telling Marie she's nuts, telling her where to go, telling her to put her advice where the sun doesn't shine or a thousand other things to make it plain he's not going to do what she tells him. Instead, he says nothing.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - brandon - 07-06-2020

she raised him and was his mother all that time.
Who perhaps listens to his mother and then makes his own decisions.
The problem with Farley is that he was a "Wesen" and Nick was a boy. The fear of Marie how reactionary Nick will be to a "Woge".

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 05:02 AM)irukandji Wrote: Sure, Nick ignored her advice. That night. But she doesn't know that he isn't going to follow through, and even more importantly, the audience doesn't know that he isn't going to follow through. All they know is he didn't throw Juliette out that night. Nick never once counters by telling Marie she's nuts, telling her where to go, telling her to put her advice where the sun doesn't shine or a thousand other things to make it plain he's not going to do what she tells him. Instead, he says nothing.

As I recall, Nick and Marie were attacked by Hulda a few seconds after Marie told him to dump Juliette, so there wasn't time for much of a discussion then. After that, Marie spent the rest of her time in her deathbed trying to tell Nick all sorts of things she thought he needed to know before she expired. Had I been in Nick's position, I don't think I would have been inclined to push back much on anything my dying aunt told me when she seemed to saying things I thought sounded crazy. I'd have just nodded my head, reassured her that I was hearing her and generally humored her to avoid agitating her and killing her on the spot.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - irukandji - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 09:19 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 05:02 AM)irukandji Wrote: Sure, Nick ignored her advice. That night. But she doesn't know that he isn't going to follow through, and even more importantly, the audience doesn't know that he isn't going to follow through. All they know is he didn't throw Juliette out that night. Nick never once counters by telling Marie she's nuts, telling her where to go, telling her to put her advice where the sun doesn't shine or a thousand other things to make it plain he's not going to do what she tells him. Instead, he says nothing.

As I recall, Nick and Marie were attacked by Hulda a few seconds after Marie told him to dump Juliette, so there wasn't time for much of a discussion then. After that, Marie spent the rest of her time in her deathbed trying to tell Nick all sorts of things she thought he needed to know before she expired. Had I been in Nick's position, I don't think I would have been inclined to push back much on anything my dying aunt told me when she seemed to saying things I thought sounded crazy. I'd have just nodded my head, reassured her that I was hearing her and generally humored her to avoid agitating her and killing her on the spot.

Did Nick think she was crazy?

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-06-2020

More delirious than crazy. Nick didn't really believe anything Marie was telling him until he went back to Monroe's house and Monroe confirmed that it was true.