Grimm Forum
Julliete burns the trailer down - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Julliete burns the trailer down (/Thread-Julliete-burns-the-trailer-down)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - irukandji - 07-05-2020

I assumed the series referenced Marie as a librarian because of the trailer and its contents. I know the series wanted to show the audience the cool Grimm diaries and the unique weapons, and all of the chemicals a Grimm might use (which by the way were never referenced in any of the diaries that I recall). But for a novice, and an older one to boot, this would not be something that would help Nick on his way as a Grimm. I have often wondered why Marie didn't throw a somewhat more modern library into the trailer instead of stodgy old books that are not in any sort of order and would continually get ruined by the human hands (and heaven forbid the wetted fingers) that would thumb through them. 

I don't know, maybe Marie intentionally stocked the trailer the way she did so Nick would have to go out on his own and find some acquaintances who could fill him in on the modern side of things. Monroe and Rosalee seemed to fit that requirement nicely. With them, there really was no need of a trailer.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-05-2020

It was Nick who said Aunt Marie was a librarian, and it was early in the series. Maybe even in the pilot, I don't recall offhand. So I think that explicitly meant that Marie made her living as a librarian as she raised Nick, abandoning grimm activities except for any cases where she had to act secretly to protect herself or Nick. Because Nick made no mention of his aunt traveling and had no prior knowledge of the trailer. It seems very unlikely that if it had been parked in her garage as he was growing up he would never have taken so much as a peek inside of it.

I didn't get the impression that Marie was a librarian and a Grimm at the same time either. What I was saying is that, as a librarian, she could have put her skills to use in stocking the trailer in a way that might make Nick value it more than what was seen in the series.

I don't think Marie made much or any effort to keep the trailer up to date after she took Nick in. I suspect that when she showed up with it in the pilot and asked Nick if he had been seeing strange things her fervent hope was that he would say no, that it had passed him over and that she could just give him a phone number for Josef Nebojsa so he could arrange to hand the thing off to some other grimm.

Some posters believe that the reason she did show up was because Nick had become a Grimm.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - brandon - 07-05-2020

Juliette mentions that Nick and her aunt would have a nomadic life and that is why Nick  did not celebrate Christmas.-I don't think that was why-.
Marie didn't want Nick to be a
"Grimm".Her reasons were perhaps because she was engaged - maybe-and then the supposed accident of Nick's parents happens.I say that even though she could hunt down the Wesen, dealing with family problems is more scary.
it's hard to be a mother and have a job as a police officer, executive, etc.

Marie showed up with the trailer because she feared that Nick would come into his grimm as she was dying (a possibility that the series promptly forgot about and never mentioned again after the pilot). But she was hoping it wouldn't happen, for his sake.

So if Nick had come into his Grimmness and she wasn't dying, Marie would have never shown up at his doorstep then, is that it?

We don't have a clue whether Marie could have somehow sensed that Nick was grimming up. She and Kelly were both living with their parents (or at least with their father, offhand I can't recall any mention of their mother in Kelly's account of her coming into her grimm and going out on her first hunt) when they came into theirs. The implication in the pilot was that Marie feared the "curse" would pass to Nick as she died, but the idea of grimm powers passing that way was never explored further. Nick's grandfather obviously didn't die when Marie and Kelly came into theirs, since he took them out on their first hunts.

The impact these women (Kelly and Marie) had on Nick's childhood says volumes about why he treated Juliette the way he did. I used to think Marie was the better of the two, but these recent discussions have shown a different side of her, in my opinion.