Grimm Forum
Julliete burns the trailer down - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Julliete burns the trailer down (/Thread-Julliete-burns-the-trailer-down)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Julliete burns the trailer down - WispyWillow - 08-08-2017

Grimm Season 4 Episode 19 - Julliete burns the trailer down

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - dicappatore - 08-08-2017

(08-08-2017, 10:20 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: Grimm Season 4 Episode 19 - Julliete burns the trailer down

Yep, this is what you call “Pre-Meditated Murder”. She sets the trailer on fire. Calls Nick for the heads up to get him away from his house so she can waltz in to send the fatal email to his Mom, Kelly. Something Eve/Juliette never gets to atone for.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - Hell Rell - 08-08-2017

I always felt this was the scene that officially turned a lot of the fandom against Juliette. I often see how the murder of Kelly was unforgivable but I think this scene already condemned her. Even if Kelly hadn't been setup by Juliette, I don't think Juliette would ever be redeemed in the eyes of fans for this act.

The symbolism of the trailer shouldn't have been underestimated. It was Nick's family legacy but the contents inside also saved the crew's lives, people who were currently in danger, and future lives. In a way, that trailer was the most important thing in the series and something that was truly invaluable. Even wesen such as Monroe acknowledged it.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - dicappatore - 08-08-2017

(08-08-2017, 03:30 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I always felt this was the scene that officially turned a lot of the fandom against Juliette. I often see how the murder of Kelly was unforgivable but I think this scene already condemned her. Even if Kelly hadn't been setup by Juliette, I don't think Juliette would ever be redeemed in the eyes of fans for this act.

The symbolism of the trailer shouldn't have been underestimated. It was Nick's family legacy but the contents inside also saved the crew's lives, people who were currently in danger, and future lives. In a way, that trailer was the most important thing in the series and something that was truly invaluable. Even wesen such as Monroe acknowledged it.

Let’s not forget. It was Monroe’s uncle whom was able to restore the trailer with the 20 Grimm books he brought over from Germany. Added to the mix, some of the weapons lost, and 3 more keys.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - irukandji - 07-03-2020

(08-08-2017, 03:30 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: The symbolism of the trailer shouldn't have been underestimated. It was Nick's family legacy but the contents inside also saved the crew's lives, people who were currently in danger, and future lives. In a way, that trailer was the most important thing in the series and something that was truly invaluable. Even wesen such as Monroe acknowledged it.

I don't see any symbolism, only another excuse for fans to add one more thing to the list of why they hate Juliette. Marie herself only makes a passing remark about it, stating she knows it's a lot (the Grimm legacy) and she wishes she had more time, but everything's in her trailer. Nick himself seems to value it only as a tool, and considering the number of times he used it in comparison to total episodes counting down to time it was burned, it would seem the use of it for actual research would have amounted to a very small percentage.  

In view of importance, if you consider Rosalee's shop, where resources were kept under lock and key so they could be protected and accessed immediately, versus Nick's trailer in the middle of nowhere, where anyone could easily break into it, it's apparent who valued their resources and who stored their tools.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-03-2020

Nick often referred to the trailer and its contents as his family's history, but it always seemed more like lip service to me. It's not so much the amount of time he did or didn't spend in it onscreen so much as the fact that he never seemed to spend any of that time there just because he wanted to learn more about his family history as opposed to only looking for information he needed at the time. Compare that to scenes of Trubel and even Wu sitting at the desk poring over the books way into the night trying to soak up knowledge like sponges.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - irukandji - 07-04-2020

Absolutely. One other idea is that Nick may have been a poor student and was not one to pour over the books like Trubel and Wu. The curiosity, desire to learn, and invest study into that avenue might not have been resonated with him, and so, he wasn't able to see the trailer's true value. There are all kinds of wesen, smart and not so. It would make sense that there are all kinds of Grimms as well.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - N_grimm - 07-04-2020

These are some truly story-and character inconsistent statements. In one of the first episodes (the pilot?) Nick spent all night reading true the books, while Juliette stood in the bedroom window looking down on the trailer. When Nick ENTUSIASTIC told Juliette about the trailer, books, films, weapons, and potions, he seemed  to know it all:

Nick: “See these books? They're filled with drawings made by my ancestors and some other people who had the same ability. And the drawings are of Wesen, which is how they like to refer to themselves. […] No, the Wesen. And that's what I can see. What the Grimms could see. And there are all kinds of them. They're kind of like species that exist within us-- some of us. Anyway, there's Blutbad and Bauerschwein, Fuchsbaus, Eisbibers. Remember that fire dancer Ariel? […] She was a daemonfeuer. A dragon thing. And they're all in these books. Look. Lowen are a kind of lion. Look at the picture here. Juliette, I mean, I'm not making this up. I mean these lowen were running an illegal fight ring that dates back to the time of the gladiators. They were fighting with these. Ancient weapons. This is a morning star. There's a rifle in here that shoots special bullets to kill Siegbarstes. But first, you have to dip them in this stuff here. This stuff right here. Siegbarste gift. Gift means poison in German. The point is I can see these Wesen in what you would see as a perfectly normal person. When they go through something called the woge, which is kind of like this emotional surge, that's when I can see them. I know how this must sound, but I swear to God, it's all true. Look, you want to see who Adalind really is? This is what Adalind really is, a hexenbiest. Juliette, you got to read some of this stuff. I mean, the stuff's that's in English because most of it's in German. And there's actually some of it in French, Spanish, and even Latin. Oh, there's some of it in Japanese. They all look like stories you'd read in a book, but they're not. They're real. [...] Ah... Cameras. And film of Hitler and the Verrat shooting people in 1936. The Verrat worked with the seven royal families, which I'm just beginning to learn about. Juliette, I can't tell you how it all fits together. Even my parents were killed because of this. My aunt was a Grimm all these years. I didn't even know it. Look. I can show you film right here that will blow your mind. There are things in this trailer that you can't believe”. Does not sound like someone who have no interest in learning about his family-history or reading Grimm books.

Wu spent ONE NIGHT reading some books (and eating fast-food). Unlike Wu and Truble, who only spent a little time in the trailer, Nick visited the trailer regularly for 4 seasons. We also know Nick spent a lot of time in the trailer between episodes, both based on things he told Monroe and because the weapons in the cabinet was reorganized between episodes. Obviously Nick spent a lot of time learning. When? We never saw Nick going to the hairdresser or using the toilet either, but I am sure he did.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - irukandji - 07-04-2020

I thought Monroe and Rosalee were much more useful to Nick than the diaries.

RE: Julliete burns the trailer down - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-04-2020

Yes, it seemed to me that once Nick had Monroe and Rosalee acting as his personal wesen encyclopedia his initial interest in studying the books fizzled. This was probably a good move on his part, because his ancestors' entries were slanted mostly toward identifying and killing wesen rather than how to interact with them as the kind of grimm Nick ended up deciding to be.