Grimm Forum
Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? (/Thread-Can-Humanity-handled-the-existence-of-Wesen)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - irukandji - 08-18-2017

(08-07-2017, 06:10 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: In a fantasy world of Grimm the writers may have been able to make it work. If we are asking the question for the real world no way.

It doesn't even work well in the fantasy world. There's no way all of these variety of wesen could live among humans for centuries and not be detected as anything other than the occasional monster. If you watch Grimm, you have to suspend a lot of belief in order to go along with the series' premise.

RE: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - irukandji - 08-07-2020

I was thinking about this the other day and was surprised by the number of humans alone that know about the existence of wesen. I'm wondering just how many more are out there that know of them and think nothing of living side by side with them.

RE: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - brandon - 08-07-2020

Never. Never.

RE: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - irukandji - 08-08-2020

But then why are there those out there who are handling the existence of wesen?

RE: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-08-2020

Kehrseite-schlich-kennen were depicted as rare on Grimm. Once Hank became one, every wesen he encountered appeared to express surprise upon learning that he was one. The largest population of them seemed to be the royals and the resistance.

RE: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - irukandji - 08-08-2020

I know that was the intent. But it seems Grimm's intent dwindled with each passing episode. It's really surprising how many humans knew of wesen, from Josh to world governments, including the US. Add to that how many humans knew that the series never touched upon and the number grows even more.

RE: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-08-2020

Yes, having world governments be aware of the existence of wesen definitely increased the number of people secretly in the know. OTOH, it added credibility to the idea that the general public was largely in the dark, by implying a global conspiracy of world government cover ups, as opposed to a just wesen council and some ragtag groups of grimms and their friends being the ones keeping the secret.

RE: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - rpmaluki - 09-09-2020

(08-08-2020, 04:56 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Yes, having world governments be aware of the existence of wesen definitely increased the number of people secretly in the know. OTOH, it added credibility to the idea that the general public was largely in the dark, by implying a global conspiracy of world government cover ups, as opposed to a just wesen council and some ragtag groups of grimms and their friends being the ones keeping the secret.

I prefer this actually, let the governments (or a few higher ups) be aware of the existence of wesen and secretly run things between them and humans while the general human public remains largely oblivious due to wanting to keep the world from descending into pandemonium with fear and prejudice that has historically lead to genocide in certain countries. It gives Grimms jurisdiction to do what they do but police even their actions so they don't shoot first and ask questions after. Create a functioning ecosystem of the three (wesen, humans, Grimms), four if you add the Royals with their unique physiology and historical power as well into the mix.

RE: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - dicappatore - 09-09-2020

(09-09-2020, 12:31 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 04:56 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Yes, having world governments be aware of the existence of wesen definitely increased the number of people secretly in the know. OTOH, it added credibility to the idea that the general public was largely in the dark, by implying a global conspiracy of world government cover ups, as opposed to a just wesen council and some ragtag groups of grimms and their friends being the ones keeping the secret.

I prefer this actually, let the governments (or a few higher ups) be aware of the existence of wesen and secretly run things between them and humans while the general human public remains largely oblivious due to wanting to keep the world from descending into pandemonium with fear and prejudice that has historically lead to genocide in certain countries. It gives Grimms jurisdiction to do what they do but police even their actions so they don't shoot first and ask questions after. Create a functioning ecosystem of the three (wesen, humans, Grimms), four if you add the Royals with their unique physiology and historical power as well into the mix.
Some  of this forums contributors remind me of a school district administration meeting I attended way back when my kids were in elementary school.  According to the administrators, the school required additional funding and building expansion, due to the increase of students coming into the school district.  According to the superintendent, the aprox. 500 additional incoming students into the district, which covered classes from kindergarten to 12th grade, made classrooms crowded. 

So raised my hand to ask a simple question.  Do any students ever graduate or drop out of the district?  One of the administrators jumped up and claimed that was a stupid question and what did it have to do with the issue on hand.  So I replied.  well if you have an additional aprox. 500 students coming into the system for this particular school year, how many graduated from the previous year?  which I already knew the answer.

The answer was around 460 students had graduated and additional students had dropped out before the last graduating class ended.  Which gave the district a net loss of students instead of the FALSE increase and almost started a riot against the school administrators.

How does this apply to the subject on hands about how more humans awareness of the existence of the Wessen community?  Just as the graduating students leaving the school district, people leave the human community by dying off.  And a good majority of those people dying off, was by getting aware of the Wessen characters by those same Wessen killers.  Now I am not saying all the humans being aware of them would be killed, but after watching 126 episodes, we all can make an educated guess, many of these aware humans did.

RE: Can Humanity handled the existence of Wesen? - irukandji - 09-09-2020

How many humans do you think are "accidentally" made aware of the presence of wesen?