Grimm Forum
Hank and the first season then after he learns of wesen - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hank and the first season then after he learns of wesen (/Thread-Hank-and-the-first-season-then-after-he-learns-of-wesen)

Hank and the first season then after he learns of wesen - jsgrimm45 - 07-29-2017

Hank the police office in the first season didn't know about wesen, but was now dealing in wesen cases. We know that Nick once said that Hank would not have seen the things he did if he didn't have Nick as a partner (S2E3). I've been rewatching season 1 and IMO NIck was correct in saying that.

The case they worked in season one had Nick not been a Grimm would have been treated differently. Now would these case have been solved if Nick didn't have Monroe or the books? Take the bat girl case, how would a regular police officer had figured that case out?

Now after Nick becomes a Grimm he now see thing in a new light giving him information not known in the past. So the question one would season one cases have been solved if Nick wasn't a Grimm if so how? Question 2 was Nick's new understanding of the world the reason that Hank needed to know the wesen world? We seen what not knowing cost Hank and later Wu so think about these cases that Nick was now solving.

RE: Hank and the first season then after he learns of wesen - dicappatore - 07-29-2017

(07-29-2017, 04:54 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Hank the police office in the first season didn't know about wesen, but was now dealing in wesen cases. We know that Nick once said that Hank would not have seen the things he did if he didn't have Nick as a partner (S2E3). I've been rewatching season 1 and IMO NIck was correct in saying that.

The case they worked in season one had Nick not been a Grimm would have been treated differently. Now would these case have been solved if Nick didn't have Monroe or the books? Take the bat girl case, how would a regular police officer had figured that case out?

Now after Nick becomes a Grimm he now see thing in a new light giving him information not known in the past. So the question one would season one cases have been solved if Nick wasn't a Grimm if so how? Question 2 was Nick's new understanding of the world the reason that Hank needed to know the wesen world? We seen what not knowing cost Hank and later Wu so think about these cases that Nick was now solving.

This whole series I loved to watch has one thing in common throughout all six seasons, it is how they dragged out telling Hank, Juliette and finally Wu about the Wesen world. I don’t recall but I think Wu’ exposure was in season 3. Maybe I was watching it because I am a glutton for punishment. But all my life I always enjoyed fairytales and this series applied some aspects of fairytales to modern day life. Maybe that’s why I kept watching.

Besides the “over-the-top” of writing Juliette’s character go dark, add to bringing her back and dragging out such matters like getting Hank, Wu and Juliette into the fold. Add how long they kept Juliette from getting her memories back, is what killed the show. Not Nick’s acting as the main character or any of the rest of the cast. This was a pure death of the show by the writers.

RE: Hank and the first season then after he learns of wesen - irukandji - 05-16-2021

(07-29-2017, 04:54 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Hank the police office in the first season didn't know about wesen, but was now dealing in wesen cases. We know that Nick once said that Hank would not have seen the things he did if he didn't have Nick as a partner (S2E3). I've been rewatching season 1 and IMO NIck was correct in saying that.

In response to question 1, I don't believe Nick being a Grimm would have any more bearing than not. You have to consider that there's some type of activity on the premise, or Nick and Hank wouldn't be there in the first place.