Grimm Forum
Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey (/Thread-Grimm-Wesen-are-they-predator-and-prey)

Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - jsgrimm45 - 07-27-2017

The some of the posts in the cancer thread raise this question. Should we look at Grimms and wesen as predator and prey type relationship? IMO no but that doesn't stop me from asking the forum. We know in any ecosystem there is a balance between predator and prey remove the predator and what was the prey than in and of itself cause a breakdown of the ecosystem.

Yes and know that putting humans, Grimms, and wesen in an ecosystem is a little out there. We know that all wesen fear Grimms but wouldn't it be most likely that the predator type wesen would be the most likely target of Grimm's? In the episode about a Mausherz Nick had nothing in the books on this wesen and Monroe told him why, because the never did anything to get into the books.

So as a question does this question even apply a Grimm, or not. We know that the reapers were out to get Grimms but not as to why is just because they are Grimms' or is there something else?

RE: Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - dicappatore - 07-27-2017

(07-27-2017, 09:06 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The some of the posts in the cancer thread raise this question. Should we look at Grimms and wesen as predator and prey type relationship? IMO no but that doesn't stop me from asking the forum. We know in any ecosystem there is a balance between predator and prey remove the predator and what was the prey than in and of itself cause a breakdown of the ecosystem.

Yes and know that putting humans, Grimms, and wesen in an ecosystem is a little out there. We know that all wesen fear Grimms but wouldn't it be most likely that the predator type wesen would be the most likely target of Grimm's? In the episode about a Mausherz Nick had nothing in the books on this wesen and Monroe told him why, because the never did anything to get into the books.

So as a question does this question even apply a Grimm, or not. We know that the reapers were out to get Grimms but not as to why is just because they are Grimms' or is there something else?

The writers never go into details about the ecosystem you brought up. IMO, Grimms are not just humans that can perceive when Wesen voge. They are also natural born fighters. Trubel is a great example of the Grimm I am talking about.

Last time I looked, the foster home system does not include combat/martial arts training. Maybe you do learn to be self-sufficient and able to stand up for yourself. But her ability to fight off two bad Wesen that were looking to rape her is enough proof for me to back up my theory. Grimms are natural born fighters.

BTW, in reference to other threads. That scene is evident of the presence of just evil Wesen do exist and that Wesen do and are capable to intermix with non-Wesen,

RE: Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - jsgrimm45 - 07-27-2017

(07-27-2017, 10:32 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 09:06 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: The some of the posts in the cancer thread raise this question. Should we look at Grimms and wesen as predator and prey type relationship? IMO no but that doesn't stop me from asking the forum. We know in any ecosystem there is a balance between predator and prey remove the predator and what was the prey than in and of itself cause a breakdown of the ecosystem.

The writers never go into details about the ecosystem you brought up. IMO, Grimms are not just humans that can perceive when Wesen voge. They are also natural born fighters. Trubel is a great example of the Grimm I am talking about.

Last time I looked, the foster home system does not include combat/martial arts training. Maybe you do learn to be self-sufficient and able to stand up for yourself. But her ability to fight off two bad Wesen that were looking to rape her is enough proof for me to back up my theory. Grimms are natural born fighters.

BTW, in reference to other threads. That scene is evident of the presence of just evil Wesen do exist and that Wesen do and are capable to intermix with non-Wesen,
Agree Grimms are pure fighters. Now to add this what if say 10,000 years ago Grimms not only kept humans safe from predator wesen but the prey wesen groups also? Wouldn't be the first time something started one way and then changed.

RE: Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - eric - 07-27-2017

IMO Grimms are more like sheep dogs that protect the flock(humans) from the predators(violent wessen). With the exception of the turtle wessen, I don't remember any non-violent wessen group that the Grimms attacked. When the Grimm went after the Christmas gremlins, and he realized they were children belonging to a peaceful group, he tried to find another solution. All wessen fear the Grimm because parents know they kill wessen-better to be safe than dead.

RE: Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - Devegs - 07-27-2017

I didn't see the relationship between grimms and wesen as simply one of predator & prey. Sometimes it was predator/prey. Sometimes it was one of enforcing boundaries between wesen and humans to protect humans. Sometimes they were necessary allies. Nick also protected innocent weaker wesen from bad villainous or vicious wesen. From my own perspective, since grimms know wesen exist in the same environment as humans, grimms function more to keep wesen within certain boundaries. Somewhat similar to Eric's point
(07-27-2017, 12:01 PM)eric Wrote: IMO Grimms are more like sheep dogs that protect the flock(humans) from the predators(violent wessen).

However, wesen also had their wesen code that they usually kept voluntarily to keep boundaries between themselves (their world) and humans. Thereby protecting humans since neither regular humans or nor grimms made them come up with this code. They also enforced boundaries among themselves and were territorial. They had predator/prey relationships among themselves. Just like they had predator/prey relationships with humans. Coyotl and Blutbads (those I remember off the top of my head) hunt or used to hunt humans.

jsgrimm45 Wrote:We know that all wesen fear Grimms but wouldn't it be most likely that the predator type wesen would be the most likely target of Grimm's?

From what I recall as well, not all wesen feared grimms. Some wesen felt capable of taking on grimms. The Nuckelavee and Mauvais Dentes felt capable of taking on a grimm. The Dämonfeuers (father and daughter) did not feel not threatened by Nick. IIRC, any wesen (type) that killed a grimm could become a grimm reaper, I believe. That's also why I do not see the grimm-wesen relationship as simply one of predator and prey.

From my perspective, some wesen (usually a predator type wesen) considered themselves physically matched to take on grimms or grimm hunters. Just like they would consider themselves hunters of other wesen and humans. Thus, I also agree that the predator type wesen would typically be the target of grimms. They usually were Nick's targets as well, when Nick had to step in as cop and a different type of grimm, since they also targeted weaker wesen and humans.

RE: Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - dicappatore - 07-27-2017

(07-27-2017, 07:17 PM)Devegs Wrote:

I didn't see the relationship between grimms and wesen as simply one of predator & prey. Sometimes it was predator/prey. Sometimes it was one of enforcing boundaries between wesen and humans to protect humans. Sometimes they were necessary allies. Nick also protected innocent weaker wesen from bad villainous or vicious wesen. From my own perspective, since grimms know wesen exist in the same environment as humans, grimms function more to keep wesen within certain boundaries. Somewhat similar to Eric's point
(07-27-2017, 12:01 PM)eric Wrote: IMO Grimms are more like sheep dogs that protect the flock(humans) from the predators(violent wessen).

However, wesen also had their wesen code that they usually kept voluntarily to keep boundaries between themselves (their world) and humans. Thereby protecting humans since neither regular humans or nor grimms made them come up with this code. They also enforced boundaries among themselves and were territorial. They had predator/prey relationships among themselves. Just like they had predator/prey relationships with humans. Coyotl and Blutbads (those I remember off the top of my head) hunt or used to hunt humans.

jsgrimm45 Wrote:We know that all wesen fear Grimms but wouldn't it be most likely that the predator type wesen would be the most likely target of Grimm's?

For what I recall as well, not all wesen feared grimms. Some wesen felt capable of taking on grimms. The Nuckelavee and Mauvais Dentes felt capable of taking on a grimm. The Dämonfeuers (father and dauther) did not feel not threatened by Nick. IIRC, any wesen (type) that killed a grimm could become a grimm reaper, I believe. That's also why I do not see the grimm-wesen relationship as simply one of predator and prey.

From my perspective, some wesen (usually a predator type wesen) considered themselves physically matched to take on grimms, or grimm hunters. Just like they would consider themselves hunters of other wesen and humans. Thus, I also agree that the predator type wesen would typically be the target of grimms. They usually were Nick's targets as well when Nick had to step in as cop and a different type of grimm since they also targeted weaker wesen.

As I posted on other threads. Do not forget the Wesen Council. They played a large role on maintaining some type of strategic control on the Wesen world.

RE: Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - jsgrimm45 - 07-28-2017

(07-27-2017, 07:59 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 07:17 PM)Devegs Wrote:

For what I recall as well, not all wesen feared grimms. Some wesen felt capable of taking on grimms. The Nuckelavee and Mauvais Dentes felt capable of taking on a grimm. The Dämonfeuers (father and dauther) did not feel not threatened by Nick. IIRC, any wesen (type) that killed a grimm could become a grimm reaper, I believe. That's also why I do not see the grimm-wesen relationship as simply one of predator and prey.

From my perspective, some wesen (usually a predator type wesen) considered themselves physically matched to take on grimms, or grimm hunters. Just like they would consider themselves hunters of other wesen and humans. Thus, I also agree that the predator type wesen would typically be the target of grimms. They usually were Nick's targets as well when Nick had to step in as cop and a different type of grimm since they also targeted weaker wesen.

As I posted on other threads. Do not forget the Wesen Council. They played a large role on maintaining some type of strategic control on the Wesen world.
We know the council was involved with Grimms in the past and even made laws with them. We also know that the council carried out kill orders if a wesen broke the wesen council laws. With Nick they even work with him.

You have brought a new question should Nick have stayed out of some case that the council were working? As a Grimm, but shouldn't the council knowing Nick was also a police officer have played a little different with him??

RE: Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - Devegs - 07-28-2017

(07-27-2017, 07:59 PM)dicappatore Wrote: As I posted on other threads. Do not forget the Wesen Council. They played a large role on maintaining some type of strategic control on the Wesen world.

True. The wesen council also served the purpose of keeping things in check in the wesen world - in line with wesen rules/code.

RE: Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - Devegs - 07-28-2017

(07-28-2017, 04:53 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: You have brought a new question should Nick have stayed out of some case that the council were working? As a Grimm, but shouldn't the council knowing Nick was also a police officer have played a little different with him??

In line with his human/cop perspective, sometimes Nick did try to impose human laws and logic in dealing with all wesen cases. I believe that was typically where the conflict arose in his Grimmverse existence. Some wesen cases couldn't be resolved with human laws or logic due to certain complexities. However, I believe, he did come to realize that he had to defer to the wesen council with certain issues.
The wesen Council had centuries of dealing with cases from a wesen only point of view. Getting involved with a grimm/cop might have made some realize how their views clashed with a grimm/cop 's. None theless, they still knew that some cases had to be handled the wesen way by them so I don't think they could play differently with Nick. They might pause but would still consider their way the best way in Wesen Council situations.

RE: Grimm/Wesen are they predator and prey - brandon - 07-29-2017

To send the hunter behind Nick was because a part of the "Council Wesen" still thought he should not get into the affairs "WESEN",even if they read the report on the demon-possessed child ,they still believed the same.