Grimm Forum
Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? (/Thread-Amnesiac-Juliette-would-she-have-had-a-better-life)

Pages: 1 2

Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - WispyWillow - 03-12-2019

would juliette have had a better or happier life if she stayed unawared of the wesen world?

RE: Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - irukandji - 03-12-2019

I'd say the bigger question is if Nick would have had a better life if he had remained unaware of the wesen world.

RE: Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - eric - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 11:19 AM)WispyWillow Wrote:

would juliette have had a better or happier life if she stayed unawared of the wesen world?
Depends. If weird people continue to attack her, kidnap her, poison her for no good reason she can determine, NO. At least once she understood that the wessen world was real, she could understand why her life was in danger and what her options were--fight or flee.

(03-12-2019, 04:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: I'd say the bigger question is if Nick would have had a better life if he had remained unaware of the wesen world.
Nick's life would be simpler but there would never been Grimm or the Grimm Forum.Big Grin

RE: Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - dicappatore - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 11:19 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: would juliette have had a better or happier life if she stayed unawared of the wesen world?

For me, the question on hand for the thread, is a bit confusing. Is the question about her future quality of life involve the amnesia to continue? Or with her memories of Nick coming back but the knowledge of the Grimm/Wesen world was kept from her? I will try to share my opinion for both scenarios.

Nick and Juliette already had bigger odds against their relationship due to Nick being in Law Enforcement. Relationships/Marriages involving one or both in LE, have a higher risk of their union being dissolved. Most uniformed LE Officers working on rotating shifts add to the stress and the opportunity for infidelity to occur in their relationships.

Nick being a Homicide Detective did not detract from the similar stress of a uniformed cop, since at least, a uniformed LE has a schedule to work with. If criminals committed homicides during the 9 to 5 shift things might work out better for them, including the additional overtime to contend with.

Unfortunately, homicides aren't restricted to an on duty shift, so, if Juliette had never gotten involved in the Grimm/Wesen world, whether she stays with Nick and the amnesia gone, or if she got it back and continued to add the stress to their relationship, it just made so much higher risk to fail.

if she was completely gone from Nicks life with her amnesia, she would have no remorse with just some photographic record of her past relationship. If she got her memories back and still broke off from him, she might have some break-up resentment for a while but eventually, and most likely, she 'd get over him. IMO, both scenarios would have been less unfulfilling for her..

If you go back to S6, E11. When her and Nick are having the conversation, just before the "Z" guy is about to attack them, She tells Nick, she was glad to have become a Hex. Her Hex has given her new found purpose.

Maybe it might be unreasonable to compare what her life would have been with out Nick and the knowledge of the Wesen world? But in that scene, she sounded content.

[b]Scene: Nick and Eve continue looking around.[/b]

[Nick exhales]
Eve: Good thing you brought that.
Nick: If I'd known I was gonna need this many bullets, I'd have brought more. [He sharply exhales as he checks his bullet count] Only three left.
Eve: I'll check outside the perimeter.
Nick: No, no, no. No, hey. We don't split up. We stay together.
Eve: I don't want to be rescued, Nick. I came here for a reason.
Nick: You can't take on the skull thing alone.
Eve: You have a son. You should be thinking of him.
Nick: You're here because of me. None of this would have ever happened to you if you hadn't met me.
Eve: So you think I wanna change that?
Nick: Yes, I do.
Eve: Well, I don't. A lot of bad things happened to me when all of this started. I didn't understand it. I was scared and angry, and I did a lot of terrible things. Things I can never forgive Juliette for. But I'm not Juliette anymore, Nick. She's gone. There may be a part of me that is like her, but it is not who I am now and it's not who I'm gonna be again. I don't blame you. When we were together, I only knew a part of who you were. You only knew a part of who you were.
Nick: None of us are who we used to be.
Eve: And that's good.
Nick: You really believe we're all better off?

Eve: I have a strength and a purpose that I never had before. I know you're here because you loved me once, and you feel responsible for the bad things that have happened, but you can't change any of it. And I can't change any of it. And if you could, would you really want to go back to the way things were, just to be happy? Happy doesn't interest me anymore, Nick. It just gets in the way. [Nick exhales as she puts her arms around him] You know, everything that has happened to us, that brought us together right here, right now... happened for a reason. So I think you're right.

Nick: Right about what?
Eve: I can't kill Zerstörer alone. It's gonna take both of us. [She starts walking away]

RE: Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - brandon - 03-13-2019

For me, the speaker is " Eve".
juliette never understood anything about his change.
There are several risky professions in life and there are people who marry people from the same job and others do not.

RE: Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - dicappatore - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 06:50 AM)brandon Wrote: For me, the speaker is " Eve".
juliette never understood anything about his change.
There are several risky professions in life and there are people who marry people from the same job and others do not.

brandon, I just got done watching all the 6 seasons again myself and I think in S6, E12, when Juliette comes back through the mirror the 1st time. Diana tells Juliette, part of her was left back in the other place. She admitted to feeling different and tried to voge. She could not voge. To me, she didn't look too happy to have lost her Hex.

At the start of her transformation, she might have been upset and unable to comprehend her situation. By season 6, she embraced her Hex and felt complete. If she had never met Nick, her life would have been just another mundane life of just another plain Vet.

RE: Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - brandon - 03-13-2019

In season 6 it was Eve and was not juliette.

RE: Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - dicappatore - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 09:52 AM)brandon Wrote: In season 6 it was Eve and was not juliette.

After she was saved by the stick, she changed again and became something else. Maybe she was still called Eve but if you recall the scene with Trubel, in the tunnels, she now had feelings more like the old Juliette. Especially after her ordeal scratching all those symbols on the tunnel walls. To some of us, we referred this new persona as "Evette"

RE: Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - brandon - 03-15-2019

Had feelings that HW took care of to suppress them-who knows how but it would be focused on his agent job -

RE: Amnesiac Juliette - would she have had a better life? - dicappatore - 03-15-2019

(03-15-2019, 06:43 AM)brandon Wrote: Had feelings that HW took care of to suppress them-who knows how but it would be focused on his agent job -

What job was that? After HW was destroyed in Portland, Trubel got recalled by some other HW cell, Eve was dropped and had no job, no money and no place to live.