Grimm Forum
If Adalind had stayed... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: If Adalind had stayed... (/Thread-If-Adalind-had-stayed)

Pages: 1 2

If Adalind had stayed... - silver - 07-19-2017

I'd give my eyeteeth to see Meisner and Adalind have a relationship.

If Adalind had a heart at all, it surely would've been for Meisner, the man who kept her safe while running from the Verrat and being there to catch Diana as she was born. It would've saved us from the debacle of Kelly taking Adalind to Nick's place and the ensuing madness. It was just Over-Over the top. Not needed.

What do you think would've happened - since fate threw Meisner and Adalind together - twice would've been nice. My 2 cents.

RE: If Adalind had stayed... - Robyn - 07-19-2017

Silver are you interested in exploring other possibilities for Adalind or only those that keep Nick and Juliette together? I enjoy discussing what if scenarios, but I'm not interested in a discussion centered around shipping Nick and Juliette.

RE: If Adalind had stayed... - silver - 07-19-2017

The only 'possibility' is the one I started the thread on.
I've seen this "Shipping" phrase used but was never exposed to it on any other forums I've been on so am not sure what that means.
I can't believe I'm not the only one who saw what I thought for sure was the look of love on Adalind's face when he got her food, delivered Diana, etc., etc., and thanking him with a kiss before boarding the plane with Kelly. Make of it what you will...

RE: If Adalind had stayed... - Hell Rell - 07-19-2017

I think you're coming at it from an odd perspective. It seems like you want Meisner and Adalind together mainly to keep Nick and Adalind apart. I got a similar feeling from other posts in the forum that include wanting Renard and Adalind together. Many of us don't think Nick and Adalind set the world on fire but both of these relationships wouldn't have been written any better.

Personally, I always felt a Meisner/Adalind relationship would've been equally over the top and kind of corny. He's essentially a mercenary that would've had his heart melted by Adalind, a woman known for causing havoc and just had a baby. It's not like that would've been so appealing to Meisner without raising some red flags. Adalind falling for a guy who helped take care of her and her baby would've still been the way it played out.

I won't pretend like I don't have any bias here. I always thought Meisner was a bit overrated and then season 5 came along and that upgraded to very overrated. I could argue that Adalind having a heart for Sebastian would be just as valid. He did just as much to help Adalind as Meisner did. I would then have to create another hypothetical about what could've been had Sebastian survived.

Speaking of Kelly, there was a lot of mayhem as a result of taking Adalind to Nick's place but the idea to take her there wasn't farfetched. Kelly's mission had already been compromised and she couldn't trust everyone in the resistance or their plan so she took Adalind to Nick's place because she can trust him. She wasn't aware of all the history. Kelly had to think quickly and use her better judgment despite what we think about it.

Besides, Meisner was always supposed to hand off Adalind and Diana, specifically Diana, to Kelly. Would Meisner have not done that if he had a relationship with Adalind? He told Adalind that the Resistance would send the best and that clearly wasn't him. Kelly was always the one who was supposed to get her.

Honestly, Hell Rell, I feel you're approaching it from an odd perspective to say that Meisner was 'overrated'. Isn't that more of a job for a super-critic or something? It seems you (and maybe one or two others here) are treating the characters that be, like cardboard cutouts and you place them where you think they should be, as if you had or ever will have something to do with the creative / storytelling aspects of the tv series.

I accept the characters placed in the show as they are - I find it more constructive to critique what was done with the characters- the writer's end of the series that has more impetus.

If you could flesh out what you mean by Meisner being overrated, it may help me understand your perspective better. Thanks!

RE: If Adalind had stayed... - dicappatore - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 05:46 PM)Robyn Wrote: Silver are you interested in exploring other possibilities for Adalind or only those that keep Nick and Juliette together? I enjoy discussing what if scenarios, but I'm not interested in a discussion centered around shipping Nick and Juliette.

What about the option of Meisner and Juliette/Eve hooking up. I think they were a better match after she became Eve.

(07-19-2017, 06:04 PM)silver Wrote: Honestly, Hell Rell, I feel you're approaching it from an odd perspective to say that Meisner was 'overrated'. Isn't that more of a job for a super-critic or something? It seems you (and maybe one or two others here) are treating the characters that be, like cardboard cutouts and you place them where you think they should be, as if you had or ever will have something to do with the creative / storytelling aspects of the tv series.

I accept the characters placed in the show as they are - I find it more constructive to critique what was done with the characters- the writer's end of the series that has more impetus.

If you could flesh out what you mean by Meisner being overrated, it may help me understand your perspective better. Thanks!

Even after I posted of a possible hook up Meisner with Eve. You have to think back when Meisner mentions why he was doing what he was doing. I do believe he expressed his desire to get even with the Royals because they were responsible for the death of the love of his life. He never got over it. He was determined to getting even over and over again until he was dead, until BC showed up.

RE: If Adalind had stayed... - Robyn - 07-19-2017

I enjoyed Adalind and Meisner in S3, they had great chemistry, and Meisner treated her with respect but didn’t take any crap. But I agree with Hell Rell, it has to be more than Adalind hooking up with someone other than Nick, because otherwise she’s in love with Meisner for taking care of her instead of Nick for taking care of her. Either relationship is boring if that’s the basis for Adalind falling in love with someone.

Silver, what do you see realistically happening in S4 and S5 if Adalind had stayed with Meisner? How would Adalind be an active part of the HW/BC storyline in Portland? Or would she?

(07-19-2017, 07:20 PM)Robyn Wrote: I enjoyed Adalind and Meisner in S3, they had great chemistry, and Meisner treated her with respect but didn’t take any crap. But I agree with Hell Rell, it has to be more than Adalind hooking up with someone other than Nick, because otherwise she’s in love with Meisner for taking care of her instead of Nick for taking care of her. Either relationship is boring if that’s the basis for Adalind falling in love with someone.

Silver, what do you see realistically happening in S4 and S5 if Adalind had stayed with Meisner? How would Adalind be an active part of the HW/BC storyline in Portland? Or would she?

Well, she got her hex back and proved very useful in escaping the royals in the royals' own car, so the situations are quite similar yeah because both J and A were hexenbiests at the time. I think because of Eve's head not being on straight, I think Adalind had more moxie in that department and could have meant better outcomes for the Reliance, and everyone on that side of the fence.

I guess I see Adalind staying with Meisner and/or staying in Europe and assisting Meisner in lots of ways. The two of them (Adalind and Kelly) going to Portland was just one big hot mess.

RE: If Adalind had stayed... - Hell Rell - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 06:04 PM)silver Wrote: Honestly, Hell Rell, I feel you're approaching it from an odd perspective to say that Meisner was 'overrated'. Isn't that more of a job for a super-critic or something? It seems you (and maybe one or two others here) are treating the characters that be, like cardboard cutouts and you place them where you think they should be, as if you had or ever will have something to do with the creative / storytelling aspects of the tv series.

I can do both. I've discussed characters as they are and hypothetical situations. I find both worthy of discussion and this forum wouldn't be as lively as it is without both.

We're all critics here. Anyone who has an opinion about any aspect of the show is a critic. Otherwise, there would be no criticism of the show or the characters. If saying Meisner is overrated is being a super-critic, then saying Adalind would love Meisner if she had a heart at all and it would've helped avoid Kelly taking her and Diana to Portland because it was too over the top and not needed would qualify as well.

(07-19-2017, 06:04 PM)silver Wrote: I accept the characters placed in the show as they are - I find it more constructive to critique what was done with the characters- the writer's end of the series that has more impetus.

As I said, I've done this plenty of times. This topic isn't something that actually happened in the series so I had to give my subjective opinion.

I think Meisner became overrated simply because his role in the story probably almost ran its course when he and Adalind parted ways. It seemed like they amped up his skills and promoted him to running the Portland HW because he was a fan-favorite. They even had him fight back-to-back with Nick and made it seem like he could fight on par with Grimms. I know they were taking advantage of the actor's skills but that broke my immersion. I think the most ridiculous moment was him shutting the door on the elevator so he could get a wesen alone face-to-face. He should've died for his hubris but the writers were too intent on making him badass. I always felt like Meisner worked better as a covert operative which is why he could do things like plant a bomb in Eric's car. The super fighting skills didn't seem to come until later.

All true enough and well sahd HR. But, do you have feelings about why you said Meisner was overrated? I'm not even sure what context you could say that in, given it's a make-belief story TV series. I just don't understand where you're coming from. I liked the Meisner character and he was another one I thought was 'unfair' to get killed off by the likes of Conrad and Sean.