Grimm Forum
Diana Nick and Adalind the family - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Diana Nick and Adalind the family (/Thread-Diana-Nick-and-Adalind-the-family)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - Robyn - 07-09-2017

Whether removed because of time constraints or interfering with story flow, scenes aren’t part of the official story once deleted. They’re simply a bonus feature on the DVD.

I agree with Hell Rell that Grimm is an action/procedural show. G & K always gave priority to WoW and action compelled drama over relationships and character driven storylines. So it’s really no big surprise Nick/Adalind scenes were deleted, even to the detriment of fleshing out the relationship, to accommodate an episode’s WoW story.

However, with Nick/Adalind, why certain scenes were deleted is as perplexing as why others were left in. G & K stated in an interview following Nick/Adalind’s kiss in The Destruction of Eve that they were “going to leave them alone” for a while. Yet, the S5 DVD’s deleted scenes included a pivotal, at least to me, Nick/Adalind scene in Reptile Dysfunction. So did G & K originally plan for the next episode to continue moving Nick/Adalind in a ‘couple’ direction but changed their minds, or actually dump it because the WoW took priority when they ran short of time?

G & K later said they decided to change the direction of Nick/Adalind. Shortly after, Nick began to distrust Adalind for no apparent reason, Adalind was suddenly head over heels in love with Nick, and Eve began to show signs of affection for Nick. Based on that, S5 deleted scenes shouldn’t be used to fortify S6’s suddenly committed relationship because G & K’s statements indicated they purposely slowed down and diverted Nick/Adalind from becoming a couple in S5.

Most of all, G & K don't do complicated or subtle. What you see and hear is what you get. And if you didn't see it or hear it, you didn't get it.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - brandon - 07-15-2017

Maybe Nick do not think about weddings after all that happened,but I think it could be Adalind who proposed marriage to Nick.
It would be a big step for her -in "Bones too"-,but this should touch the woman making the proposition.
He already did it once and he was going to do it again when appeared Kelly,Adalind.Diana.
For some reason they got there.
I am not a believer but I believe in divine providence

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - wesen - 09-16-2017

About deleted scenes:
Quote:Watch a lot of deleted scenes and you’ll see a LOT of important character and plot development that gets left out. It’s surprising, but the movie often turns out a lot smoother without these scenes.

Quote:If the scene isn’t necessary, cut it.
Pretty simple, right?

Here’s the PROBLEM: chances are, you’re not writing scenes that are completely unnecessary. Every scene you write probably has SOME function.

So after some trial and error, you start to realize the rule is more complicated:

If a scene is necessary but… you know, not THAT necessary, cut it… even though it’s necessary (coz like… it’s not as necessary as the other scenes and stuff).
Once you’re looking for a QUANTITY of necessity (as opposed to the quality of necessity), how are you supposed to know what quantity of necessity IS?

Here’s the magic of deleted scenes:

By looking at scenes that DIDN’T make in into the movie, but did serve SOME function, we can begin to gauge that quantity of necessity that can STILL be cut.
http://schneeblog.com/revision-deleted-scenes-and-adaptations/

(07-09-2017, 04:33 PM)Robyn Wrote: Whether removed because of time constraints or interfering with story flow, scenes aren’t part of the official story once deleted. They’re simply a bonus feature on the DVD.

I agree with Hell Rell that Grimm is an action/procedural show. G & K always gave priority to WoW and action compelled drama over relationships and character driven storylines. So it’s really no big surprise Nick/Adalind scenes were deleted, even to the detriment of fleshing out the relationship, to accommodate an episode’s WoW story.

However, with Nick/Adalind, why certain scenes were deleted is as perplexing as why others were left in. G & K stated in an interview following Nick/Adalind’s kiss in The Destruction of Eve that they were “going to leave them alone” for a while. Yet, the S5 DVD’s deleted scenes included a pivotal, at least to me, Nick/Adalind scene in Reptile Dysfunction. So did G & K originally plan for the next episode to continue moving Nick/Adalind in a ‘couple’ direction but changed their minds, or actually dump it because the WoW took priority when they ran short of time?

G & K later said they decided to change the direction of Nick/Adalind. Shortly after, Nick began to distrust Adalind for no apparent reason, Adalind was suddenly head over heels in love with Nick, and Eve began to show signs of affection for Nick. Based on that, S5 deleted scenes shouldn’t be used to fortify S6’s suddenly committed relationship because G & K’s statements indicated they purposely slowed down and diverted Nick/Adalind from becoming a couple in S5.

Most of all, G & K don't do complicated or subtle. What you see and hear is what you get. And if you didn't see it or hear it, you didn't get it.
I think Adalind was already beginning to show signs that she had started to fall in love with Nick, as early as the first few episodes prior to Trubel showing up. She told Rosalee that she wanted a normal life, and expressed her longing to have something like what Rosalee and Monroe had. It wasn't surprising that Adalind did fall for Nick, especially since he was so kind to her, and never used her or demanded anything from her. I also think that when she asked Nick to sleep next to her because she was 'scared', she may have used that as an excuse to conceal the fact that she wanted intimacy from him. She may have told Nick a bit too early that she loved him, but then again, she was scared he was never coming back. She probably wanted to let him know what he would miss at home, to encourage him to come back to her and Kelly. I do agree that the writers may have wanted to slow down their relationship, but the mistrust only started after Nick came back from Germany. Again, I think it could be explained that Nick felt scared about rushing things too quickly with Adalind. Maybe he felt he wasn't ready to be committed to her, especially knowing their history together, and despite his burgeoning feelings for her. Monroe telling him that he hoped that her 'change' would last, Eve's warnings to him about Adalind becoming a hexenbiest again, and finding out from Rosalee that Adalind had gotten her powers back without her telling him, only fuelled that sense of mistrust. Despite the slow down of their relationship, there was still an undeniable attraction, which the show writers showed when Nick still slept with Adalind despite knowing that she was a hexenbiest again and not fully trusting her. Based on what I've seen from the deleted scenes, I don't think it added anything to the progression of their relationship. There's no denying that those scenes further emphasised their growing closeness, but even without them, I still got the gist of it by what was shown on screen. They also weren't vital like say if Nick was shown to say I love you to Adalind, or him telling her about the stick. If those were the scenes that had been deleted, I would definitely agree that the show writers had wanted to change the progress/outcome of their relationship in season 5. Even though I do wish that the deleted scenes hadn't been removed, I do understand that the action/WoW came first above character development.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - Robyn - 09-17-2017

(09-16-2017, 10:39 PM)wesen Wrote: I think Adalind was already beginning to show signs that she had started to fall in love with Nick, as early as the first few episodes prior to Trubel showing up. She told Rosalee that she wanted a normal life, and expressed her longing to have something like what Rosalee and Monroe had. It wasn't surprising that Adalind did fall for Nick, especially since he was so kind to her, and never used her or demanded anything from her. I also think that when she asked Nick to sleep next to her because she was 'scared', she may have used that as an excuse to conceal the fact that she wanted intimacy from him. She may have told Nick a bit too early that she loved him, but then again, she was scared he was never coming back. She probably wanted to let him know what he would miss at home, to encourage him to come back to her and Kelly. I do agree that the writers may have wanted to slow down their relationship, but the mistrust only started after Nick came back from Germany. Again, I think it could be explained that Nick felt scared about rushing things too quickly with Adalind. Maybe he felt he wasn't ready to be committed to her, especially knowing their history together, and despite his burgeoning feelings for her. Monroe telling him that he hoped that her 'change' would last, Eve's warnings to him about Adalind becoming a hexenbiest again, and finding out from Rosalee that Adalind had gotten her powers back without her telling him, only fuelled that sense of mistrust. Despite the slow down of their relationship, there was still an undeniable attraction, which the show writers showed when Nick still slept with Adalind despite knowing that she was a hexenbiest again and not fully trusting her. Based on what I've seen from the deleted scenes, I don't think it added anything to the progression of their relationship. There's no denying that those scenes further emphasised their growing closeness, but even without them, I still got the gist of it by what was shown on screen. They also weren't vital like say if Nick was shown to say I love you to Adalind, or him telling her about the stick. If those were the scenes that had been deleted, I would definitely agree that the show writers had wanted to change the progress/outcome of their relationship in season 5. Even though I do wish that the deleted scenes hadn't been removed, I do understand that the action/WoW came first above character development.
I didn’t suggest the scenes, aired or deleted, indicated G & K planned to change the progress of Nick/Adalind, but that G & K stated in an interview that they made changes because Nick/Adalind wasn’t progressing as they wanted. Nick/Adalind went from comfortable with their living arrangement and united against any threat to family to Nick suddenly not trusting Adalind and her terrified over losing him.

I didn’t have any interest in Nick/Adalind other than anticipating an interesting and complicated dynamic. It was neither, and for me it was the most lackluster and disappointing character dynamic on the show. What you see in the second episode as signs of Adalind falling in love, I see as signs of just how immature and emotionally damaged the character is. She is stranded with the people who stole her first child yet immediately views Rosalee as her friend and sharing dreams of finding a loving relationship. That makes absolutely no sense to me, other than the character has always been presented as loyal to whoever she’s currently embedded with. She did it with Renard, the Royals, the Resistance, Renard again, then Nick and his friends.

Of course Adalind fell in love with Nick because he provided for and protected her. But she remained in love with and loyal to Renard long after it was obvious he wouldn’t provide for or protect her. There’s no reason for me to believe that Adalind wouldn’t have fallen in love with Meisner had they stayed together in S3 or with Renard had he stood up to Kelly, or to whoever took her in when she fled from the Royals in S4. That’s simply a part of Adalind’s established characterization over four seasons.

For me, G & K reducing Adalind’s evolution to the bad girl saved by the love of a good man established that she didn’t have any control over her life or aspirations, but rather, made the best of her only option - Nick and their son, but not her daughter that he and his mother took from her. Diana dropped into Adalind’s lap in the same way the keys dropped into Nick’s lap. Had BC not brought Diana to Portland, there’s nothing about Adalind’s behavior in S5 that tells me should would have ever made a move to find her.

Nick & Adalind are a couple and lived happily ever after because G & K wrote it that way, but they didn’t write a path that the two characters followed to get there. Nick and Adalind inexplicably trusted one another from day one, then inexplicably didn’t trust one another, then became a couple, without ever confronting the four years of violent history that both should have initially believed would be impossible to overcome.

For me, it's much like Juliette conveniently becoming Eve whenever G & K don't want to deal with the character's S4 walk on the dark side.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - rpmaluki - 09-17-2017

(09-17-2017, 06:55 AM)Robyn Wrote: But she remained in love with Renard long after it obvious he wouldn’t provide for or protect her.
I agree with almost everything you said except for the above. Any warmth Adalind had for Renard came to a halt after he abandoned her. What little interaction they had before Diana was mutual distaste but with a sexual relationship that was more about using one another and nothing else. Diana was an opportunity for them to mend fences since Adalind herself had an about turn after her birth, she was willing to align herself once more with Renard but I doubt it was out of love for him, romantic or otherwise.

Meisner was certainly a possibility but I realised that was a dead end the moment Kelly took over and was transporting Adalind to safety. Had the actor not made an impression on the audience, S5 would have looked very different.

One thing that struck me between S1 and S4 (in hindsight) was how the show/story was split (although not evenly) between Nick and Adalind (Renard/Royals). We followed Nick's journey but we also followed Adalind's story. He was the hero, she was the villain. I never understood why we ever saw Adalind at all after she lost her powers, why we watched her gain her powers and then have Diana and so forth for a two-bit villainess. I don't think it was so they could bring them together as a pairing. It's as you said, she was a fascinating character and people responded to her and the writers obviously took notice.

During these four seasons their arcs almost nearly mirrored one another. I don't think it was purposeful at all, just a happy coincidence. The writers were putting in too much effort on a character that should have been relegated to the background. But suddenly they decided to bring together these two characters who were always on opposite ends of one another and yet always connected since day one. It's like the writers no longer wanted to split the show in half and to achieve that they put them together romantically because they probably couldn't come up with a non sexual way to do that.

Nick and Adalind have always had sexual chemistry right from the beginning of the show, their one on one scenes were a lot more passionate, I think it was unintentional from the writer's end. Adalind refocused on motherhood, that was her redemption. The writers hijacked her character growth and reworked her to fit Nick in record time but they went too far ahead of themselves. They took it to the extreme, lobotomising her personality even though it was completely unnecessary. Nick and Adalind would have been 10x more fascinating if Adalind's S1 and S2 spunk was left in tact. And let's not forget how later (and awkwardly) they brought up trust issues when that wasn't apparent before the 100th episode.

With WotW taking precedent over character work/overall arcs the writers probably felt they were stretching themselves thin. Writing on the show has never been stellar except for how creative they were when coming up with new wesen cases. The show was strictly procedural with a hint of serialisatio. It was too much to expect the N/A to deal naturally with four years of mutual antagonism and extremely bad history. In reality, they shouldn't even want to be in the same room together. Whatever the writer's intention with these two, they had far too little time to execute it and they did it badly.

One of my favourite pairings on TV was Harm and Mac from J.A.G. for a decade these two danced around one another and even though that eventually wanted to be together, it happened naturally without compromising the integrity of the characters. If my memory serves me right, they got together practically at the close of the last episode. These days not every couple can be written with this kind of "slow burn", people want instant gratification. Someone on this show wanted N/A together and then later realised that it was too far, too soon and in slamming the brakes, they damaged whatever potential they had for those who were neutral to them getting together and weren't fans.

I love them as a pairing, I didn't intend to, like Nick, I had four years of their history to reconcile even though I had been loving Adalind since Diana's birth. I'm a fan but I know it could have been done so much better by simply planning it properly so stuff didn’t happen out of sync (Adalind's ILY and Nick's trust issues). It had to happen over a longer period of time to avoid them reaching certain milestones too soon. The disparity between their ILYs because Adalind said it too soon is unfortunate because it makes Nick come of like a jerk for waiting too long to say it back, which in truth was probably the most realistic part of their relationship, he wasn't rushing into anything. Too bad the writers didn't show the same level if insight in everything else about them.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-17-2017

(09-17-2017, 06:55 AM)Robyn Wrote: That makes absolutely no sense to me, other than the character has always been presented as loyal to whoever she’s currently embedded with. She did it with Renard, the Royals, the Resistance, Renard again, then Nick and his friends.

Of course Adalind fell in love with Nick because he provided for and protected her.

That's what hexenbiests do. It's actually in the book. They attach themselves to royalty and serve them with great loyalty. In Adalind's case, the role of "royalty" is filled by anyone who is willing to protect and support her.

(09-17-2017, 06:55 AM)Robyn Wrote: But she remained in love with and loyal to Renard long after it was obvious he wouldn’t provide for or protect her.

When did that happen? The first time Adalind contacted Renard after he and her mother rejected her, it was to threaten his life if he didn't get Nick's key. She went back to him with baby Diana because she thought Nick would sooner kill her than shelter her and she figured she could use their daughter to gain his protection. When Renard called her on the phone in S05 to tell her he might have a way to get Diana back, she answered him with the same ton of voice she'd use to declare that she'd stepped in something smelly. The only time she was remotely agreeable toward him was in the presence of their daughter. The one exception to that was when she was trying to keep him from going into his closet where Monroe was hiding, and it took him about five seconds to ask her why she was being so nice to him.

(09-17-2017, 09:01 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: One thing that struck me between S1 and S4 (in hindsight) was how the show/story was split (although not evenly) between Nick and Adalind (Renard/Royals). We followed Nick's journey but we also followed Adalind's story. He was the hero, she was the villain. I never understood why we ever saw Adalind at all after she lost her powers, why we watched her gain her powers and then have Diana and so forth for a two-bit villainess. I don't think it was so they could bring them together as a pairing. It's as you said, she was a fascinating character and people responded to her and the writers obviously took notice.

Adalind wasn't even a full-fledged villain; she was a minion. She started out as Renard's version of Harley Quinn, then became a messenger for Eric and Viktor, characters who couldn't reasonably be shown establishing a regular presence in Portland.

The pairing of Adalind with Nick was written into the show when Claire Coffee became pregnant. That might even be why the Nick and Hexenbiest Juliette breakup arc didn't resolve into them staying together as the grimm/hexenbiest couple.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - rpmaluki - 09-17-2017

(09-17-2017, 09:27 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 06:55 AM)Robyn Wrote: That makes absolutely no sense to me, other than the character has always been presented as loyal to whoever she’s currently embedded with. She did it with Renard, the Royals, the Resistance, Renard again, then Nick and his friends.

Of course Adalind fell in love with Nick because he provided for and protected her.

That's what hexenbiests do. It's actually in the book. They attach themselves to royalty and serve them with great loyalty. In Adalind's case, the role of "royalty" is filled by anyone who is willing to protect and support her.

(09-17-2017, 06:55 AM)Robyn Wrote: But she remained in love with and loyal to Renard long after it was obvious he wouldn’t provide for or protect her.

When did that happen? The first time Adalind contacted Renard after he and her mother rejected her, it was to threaten his life if he didn't get Nick's key. She went back to him with baby Diana because she thought Nick would sooner kill her than shelter her and she figured she could use their daughter to gain his protection. When Renard called her on the phone in S05 to tell her he might have a way to get Diana back, she answered him with the same ton of voice she'd use to declare that she'd stepped in something smelly. The only time she was remotely agreeable toward him was in the presence of their daughter. The one exception to that was when she was trying to keep him from going into his closet where Monroe was hiding, and it took him about five seconds to ask her why she was being so nice to him.

(09-17-2017, 09:01 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: One thing that struck me between S1 and S4 (in hindsight) was how the show/story was split (although not evenly) between Nick and Adalind (Renard/Royals). We followed Nick's journey but we also followed Adalind's story. He was the hero, she was the villain. I never understood why we ever saw Adalind at all after she lost her powers, why we watched her gain her powers and then have Diana and so forth for a two-bit villainess. I don't think it was so they could bring them together as a pairing. It's as you said, she was a fascinating character and people responded to her and the writers obviously took notice.

Adalind wasn't even a full-fledged villain; she was a minion. She started out as Renard's version of Harley Quinn, then became a messenger for Eric and Viktor, characters who couldn't reasonably be shown establishing a regular presence in Portland.

The pairing of Adalind with Nick was written into the show when Claire Coffee became pregnant. That might even be why the Nick and Hexenbiest Juliette breakup arc didn't resolve into them staying together as the grimm/hexenbiest couple.
Yes. One of the hexenbiest's characteristics is loyalty. It was documented in the books. I guess that only lasted as long as those they were loyal to didn’t betray them. Adalind's feelings for Renard died right after that awful scene in her mother's house when both mother and lover rejected her. She hasn't genuinely liked him since before then. She's used him to conceive Diana, wanted his protection from Nick and his mother but not for love or anything close to it.

After what happened with Diana, Adalind never looked back. Between an actual enemy (Nick) and at best, an ally (Sean), Renard continued to prove why he was not trustworthy, forget being loyal to him. Nick in a similar situation, opted to protect her and his child by not separating them and actually took them under his wing, something Renard had failed to do.

It's no wonder Adalind fell for Nick.

(09-17-2017, 09:27 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:

I remember how upset I got when she showed up in S2. I couldn't understand it. She was so far down the pecking order and I was asking myself why in the world I was "forced" to watch her. You get people who say that love to hate certain villainous characters, well I plainly hated her. It's only now that I finally understand the writer's fascination with someone who was technically so insignificant and I can say I am glad they kept her around.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - Robyn - 09-17-2017

Quote:That's what hexenbiests do. It's actually in the book. They attach themselves to royalty and serve them with great loyalty. In Adalind's case, the role of "royalty" is filled by anyone who is willing to protect and support her.
I’m not disagreeing with that, actually, I’m agreeing with it. Adalind’s love/loyalty for Nick isn’t automatically different than her love/loyalty for anyone she’s embedded with at a given time. Moving forward with that perspective, it could be that Juliette/Eve, the Hexenbiest, was loyal to Nick and the gang again because HW was no longer an option for her.

Quote:When did that happen? The first time Adalind contacted Renard after he and her mother rejected her, it was to threaten his life if he didn't get Nick's key. She went back to him with baby Diana because she thought Nick would sooner kill her than shelter her and she figured she could use their daughter to gain his protection. When Renard called her on the phone in S05 to tell her he might have a way to get Diana back, she answered him with the same ton of voice she'd use to declare that she'd stepped in something smelly. The only time she was remotely agreeable toward him was in the presence of their daughter. The one exception to that was when she was trying to keep him from going into his closet where Monroe was hiding, and it took him about five seconds to ask her why she was being so nice to him.
Adalind was in love with, or what she identified as love, with Renard in the pilot episode. Despite his lack of tenderness or respect, she continued to jeopardize her wellbeing for him until he rejected her and shut her out of his life to form an alliance with the Grimm. Then she shifted her loyalty to the Royals.

Quote:Adalind wasn't even a full-fledged villain; she was a minion. She started out as Renard's version of Harley Quinn, then became a messenger for Eric and Viktor, characters who couldn't reasonably be shown establishing a regular presence in Portland.
I agree. Adalind was never in control of her life, whether with Renard, the Royals, the Resistance, BC, or Nick.

Quote:Yes. One of the hexenbiest's characteristics is loyalty. It was documented in the books. I guess that only lasted as long as those they were loyal to didn’t betray them. Adalind's feelings for Renard died right after that awful scene in her mother's house when both mother and lover rejected her. She hasn't genuinely liked him since before then. She's used him to conceive Diana, wanted his protection from Nick and his mother but not for love or anything close to it.

After what happened with Diana, Adalind never looked back. Between an actual enemy (Nick) and at best, an ally (Sean), Renard continued to prove why he was not trustworthy, forget being loyal to him. Nick in a similar situation, opted to protect her and his child by not separating them and actually took them under his wing, something Renard had failed to do.

It's no wonder Adalind fell for Nick.
But Nick was only willing to protect Adalind and his child. That he protected her and didn't take the baby is reason for gratitude and loyalty but not love that requires her to permanently give up her first child. Nick never approached the subject of Diana being taken by the Royals and Adalind’s feeling about her being taken a second time, nor did Adalind bring it up to the man she’s supposedly in love with. I don’t recall her mentioning Diana to Nick until after she learned that Meisner took her from the Royals, and even then she didn’t push the subject.

Quote:I agree with almost everything you said except for the above. Any warmth Adalind had for Renard came to a halt after he abandoned her. What little interaction they had before Diana was mutual distaste but with a sexual relationship that was more about using one another and nothing else. Diana was an opportunity for them to mend fences since Adalind herself had an about turn after her birth, she was willing to align herself once more with Renard but I doubt it was out of love for him, romantic or otherwise.
The span of time required to wake up and smell the coffee depends on the individual. I was expecting Adalind to realize Renard wouldn’t insist she have sex with Hank if he had any feelings for her, and turn against him because he was using her to achieve a goal he had no intention of sharing with her. But she didn’t until Renard forced her out of his life.

Adalind went to Renard with Diana because she considered him the best of two bad choices. But. Given Adalind’s history and her future progression with Nick, it’s reasonable that Adalind would have returned to loving and being loyal to Renard had the possibility for an actual relationship occurred instead of him betraying her again.

Quote:I remember how upset I got when she showed up in S2. I couldn't understand it. She was so far down the pecking order and I was asking myself why in the world I was "forced" to watch her. You get people who say that love to hate certain villainous characters, well I plainly hated her. It's only now that I finally understand the writer's fascination with someone who was technically so insignificant and I can say I am glad they kept her around.
I didn’t hate Adalind but was extremely disappointed in her evolution. I expected her to turn on Renard and help the Grimm, then blackmail Renard with revealing his true identity if he retaliated. But instead she fled in tears like a prom queen stripped of her crown. Then after Diana was taken, I expected Adalind to rain down a terror on Nick and his friends that made Hexenbiest Juliette’s escapades look like a practice drill. But she got pregnant by Nick instead and became the queen of wimp.

Although I think it was happenstance instead of planned, the most interesting part of Adalind’s story for me is the ironic twist of having a baby she didn’t want because she was desperate to be a Hexenbiest, only for her love for the child to make being a Hexenbiest unwanted and disliked.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-17-2017

(09-17-2017, 10:58 AM)Robyn Wrote: Adalind was in love with, or what she identified as love, with Renard in the pilot episode. Despite his lack of tenderness or respect, she continued to jeopardize her wellbeing for him until he rejected her and shut her out of his life to form an alliance with the Grimm. Then she shifted her loyalty to the Royals.

Everything Adalind did before Renard's rejection was just "serving loyally." There'd always be a certain amount of risk in that.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - brandon - 09-17-2017

Catherine did not say anything about Sean. Was a just a "bastard".
I do not see that Adalind betrayed Nick and the others by being with Víctor.
It was she who thought had been betrayed by giving Diana away- season 3-