Grimm Forum
Diana Nick and Adalind the family - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Diana Nick and Adalind the family (/Thread-Diana-Nick-and-Adalind-the-family)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Diana Nick and Adalind the family - jsgrimm45 - 07-09-2017

Thinking about some other posts in other threads made me think this might be a good place to put all the different debate on this family in one place. Now for those who don't have the DVD's you miss out on the delete scenes at those of us with the DVD's have seen.

Many of the delete scene were at the fome with Nick, Adalind and Kelly. Had these scene been in the episode the viewer would have seen a growth in their relationship not seen in the episode.

Having been a stepson and having also had stepchildren, I can say this the stepchild will and being called dad has more to do with the child's age. Older children will just call you by name, young children will likely call you dad or mom at some point. In Diana case her brother is Nick's son and Nick's son will call him dad, and Diana more than once says she loves her brother. So I don't find the 20 year scene to be unusual for Diana to call Nick dad, she likely called Sean dad also, but Kelly wouldn't because Adalind wasn't with Sean.

Looks like Diana had total recall of things so when she and Nick shared the view of the battle with Z she knew is was Kelly even if she didn't say it. Looking at the scene at Monroe on the second return of Nick and Eve, she knows the the other timeline so she and Nick again share a point no one else knows. We know the second timeline was real because of the ring being gone for Adalind finger.

One thing not for this debate just as a note that I found of interest, Trubel at the old house with Renard, he was afraid of Trubel, and not sure she wasn't going to kill him. I liked that scene the look on his face and even Adalind's was telling, of how Trubel really want to kill him because of Meisner death.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - irukandji - 07-09-2017

(07-09-2017, 09:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Many of the delete scene were at the fome with Nick, Adalind and Kelly. Had these scene been in the episode the viewer would have seen a growth in their relationship not seen in the episode.

It really shouldn't take a deleted scene to indicate to the view that there was a growth in Nick and Adalind's relationship. That should have been very apparent from the getgo. If the creative team took out such a vital scene, that tells me they meant the relationship to be a static one.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - jsgrimm45 - 07-09-2017

(07-09-2017, 09:56 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 09:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Many of the delete scene were at the fome with Nick, Adalind and Kelly. Had these scene been in the episode the viewer would have seen a growth in their relationship not seen in the episode.

It really shouldn't take a deleted scene to indicate to the view that there was a growth in Nick and Adalind's relationship. That should have been very apparent from the getgo. If the creative team took out such a vital scene, that tells me they meant the relationship to be a static one.
Why a scene is deleted could be a simple as time slot. We know they need to get their 18 minutes of commercials in the episode. So what gets deleted is up to the director so what we might like to see is deleted because another scene is needed for this week storyline, or plotline. For the fans who would have liked to see how Adalind and Nick were moving on with the relationship was cut because the couldn't delete another scene either for time or for story.

(07-09-2017, 10:38 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Why a scene is deleted could be a simple as time slot. We know they need to get their 18 minutes of commercials in the episode. So what gets deleted is up to the director so what we might like to see is deleted because another scene is needed for this week storyline, or plotline. For the fans who would have liked to see how Adalind and Nick were moving on with the relationship was cut because the couldn't delete another scene either for time or for story.

But here's another question. What if the director decided he didn't want the deleted scene in the episode? For instance, he may have thought broadening Nick and Adalind's relationship was a good thing......at first. But the more he considered it, the more he decided it was not. So he deleted it.

What I'm saying is that just because the scene was there and was deleted doesn't mean that the scene was cut due to time constraints, especially if the scene is as important as you say. If the editing team felt that Nick and Adalind's relationship should be shown as progressing to a strong family type relationship, it would make more sense not only to add the scenes you're referring to, but also make sure the story itself reflects a stronger, long lasting relationship.

As it is, what I see on screen is a static relationship between the two. Actually, I think it's probably more interesting that way because even in the end, there's no guarantee who's actually going to the killing party besides Adalind, the triplets and Diana with Kelly.

This of course is simply my opinion.

I would like to ask you another question, js. Do you believe that viewing the deleted scenes as part of the episode has changed your perception of Nick and Adalind's relationship? The reason I ask is it sounds like from your post, you don't believe the relationship was as strong until you viewed the deleted scenes.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - jsgrimm45 - 07-09-2017

(07-09-2017, 10:50 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 10:38 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

But here's another question. What if the director decided he didn't want the deleted scene in the episode? For instance, he may have thought broadening Nick and Adalind's relationship was a good thing......at first. But the more he considered it, the more he decided it was not. So he deleted it.

What I'm saying is that just because the scene was there and was deleted doesn't mean that the scene was ever intended on being part of the episode, but was cut simply because of time constraints. Especially if the scene is as important as you say. If the editing team felt that Nick and Adalind's relationship should be shown as progressing to a strong family type relationship, it would make more sense not only to add the scenes you're referring to, but also make sure the story itself reflects a stronger, long lasting relationship.

As it is, what I see on screen is a static relationship between the two. Actually, I think it's probably more interesting that way because even in the end, there's no guarantee who's actually going to the killing party besides Adalind, the triplets and Diana with Kelly.

This of course is simply my opinion.

I would like to ask you another question, js. Do you believe that viewing the deleted scenes as part of the episode has changed your perception of Nick and Adalind's relationship? The reason I ask is it sounds like from your post, you don't believe the relationship was as strong until you viewed the deleted scenes.
To answer the question after Adalind and Nick had Kelly, IMO that was the outcome from season 1 episode 1. So I had no problems with Adalind and Nick, just that the delete scene showed a relationship not seen in the episode shown on TV. The little things needed in a relationship to grown that IMO would have made the whole Adalind/Nick and Diana work better, but not really needed for someone like myself whole like the Adalind/Nick/Kelly/Diana relationship at the end. Read what @Robyn posted in the Diana thread and that kind of makes my point.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - Hell Rell - 07-09-2017

Domestic scenes will probably be the first to be deleted because of time constraints. We spend a lot of time talking about Juliette and Adalind but the WoW cases were at the forefront most of the time. That's most likely why Adalind's scene got deleted from A Reptile Dysfunction and she wasn't in the episode at all even though she and Nick first kissed in the episode prior.

Grimm is much closer to an action/procedural show than a relationship show. That usually came secondary to the action. Monroe and Rosalee had time dedicated to their relationship but even their wedding was setup as an excuse for all hell to break loose with Trubel showing up. They went right back to helping Nick while delaying their honeymoon. They were still in their wedding tuxedo and dress when they decided to get back in the action.

In addition, Nick and Juliette's weekend getaway was just an excuse for Nick to be nearby to help the girl who layed a golden egg. Juliette was actually the one who showed more concern for the girl during that episode and had to convince Nick to get involved.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - dicappatore - 07-09-2017

(07-09-2017, 12:57 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: In addition, Nick and Juliette's weekend getaway was just an excuse for Nick to be nearby to help the girl who layed a golden egg. Juliette was actually the one who showed more concern for the girl during that episode and had to convince Nick to get involved.

So much for a woman showing concern for others before her boyfriend. Its a romantic getaway not an Investigation Getaways. This what this poor guy does for a living. He investigates. Why go all the way up to that cabin to just continue to do his job. This whole episode proves that Juliette's maybe had some efection for Nick, not love.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - brandon - 07-09-2017

Nick was in the right place, at the right time.

RE: Diana Nick and Adalind the family - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-09-2017

In TV production, parallel plots within an episode are ranked, A, B, C, etc. In Grimm, if the episode had a WotW, that was always the A plot. Anytime something had to be deleted for time, it would come from somewhere other than the A plot. Establishing shots, crowd shots, talking heads shots (which are what all the "relationship building" was), would always be the ones that got cut, in more or less that order.

(07-09-2017, 11:36 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: To answer the question after Adalind and Nick had Kelly, IMO that was the outcome from season 1 episode 1. So I had no problems with Adalind and Nick, just that the delete scene showed a relationship not seen in the episode shown on TV. The little things needed in a relationship to grown that IMO would have made the whole Adalind/Nick and Diana work better, but not really needed for someone like myself whole like the Adalind/Nick/Kelly/Diana relationship at the end. Read what @Robyn posted in the Diana thread and that kind of makes my point.

I got it. Thanks. I was just curious how or if the deleted scenes in some way altered your perception of the episode or the characters. The deleted scenes I saw in X-Files never made a bit of difference one way or another to me.