Grimm Forum
Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? (/Thread-Why-did-Meisner-keep-Diana-away-from-her-parents)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - irukandji - 07-01-2018

(07-01-2018, 06:31 AM)eric Wrote: Thank you for the kind words, altho I never never "refused to do anything about it". I suggested a ceasefire in as soothing a manner as I could muster. Mindless bitter personal ad hominem is not my style. I consider it my business because I enjoy reading differing views on GRIMM, not 3rd grade name calling.

Those are pretty high and mighty remarks for someone who just contributed to the mindless banter by sniping. Seems to me that despite your protests to the contrary, you really have no desire for a ceasefire. You love to join in.

(07-01-2018, 06:31 AM)eric Wrote: Finally, if you want to see my "mean streak", come on down to my street and watch me shake both my canes at kids walking on the other side of the street. Have a nice summer dayBig Grin.

Mean streaks come in all shapes and sizes. I don't have to walk down a street to see one.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - eric - 07-01-2018

(07-01-2018, 06:57 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 06:31 AM)eric Wrote: Thank you for the kind words, altho I never never "refused to do anything about it". I suggested a ceasefire in as soothing a manner as I could muster. Mindless bitter personal ad hominem is not my style. I consider it my business because I enjoy reading differing views on GRIMM, not 3rd grade name calling.

Those are pretty high and mighty remarks for someone who just contributed to the mindless banter by sniping. Seems to me that despite your protests to the contrary, you really have no desire for a ceasefire. You love to join in.

(07-01-2018, 06:31 AM)eric Wrote: Finally, if you want to see my "mean streak", come on down to my street and watch me shake both my canes at kids walking on the other side of the street. Have a nice summer dayBig Grin.

Mean streaks come in all shapes and sizes. I don't have to walk down a street to see one.
All this proves my point. Have a nice day, signing out, the mother ship is on the other line.

(07-01-2018, 07:32 AM)eric Wrote:

All this proves my point. Have a nice day, signing out, the mother ship is on the other line.

I have noticed that when the other posts, you make no comment whatsoever. Yet you often post snide remarks after I post. So much for your ceasefire approach.

Let me give you a hint here. If you're really and truly devoted to a ceasefire, try dealing with both sides. That's how a ceasefire works.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - eric - 07-01-2018

(07-01-2018, 07:34 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 07:32 AM)eric Wrote:

I have noticed that when the other posts, you make no comment whatsoever. Yet you often post snide remarks after I post. So much for your ceasefire approach.

Let me give you a hint here. If you're really and truly devoted to a ceasefire, try dealing with both sides. That's how a ceasefire works.
If you feel I am referencing you alone when I have asked for a ceasefire several times, I am sorry. When I started the thread "Why can't we all just get along" I did not mention you personally, it was a request to everyone on the forum. I am sure the others on this forum to who it was addressed, as well as you, know who they are. It is boring for those who are not enjoying being in the fight to have to wade thru all the noise. So, I will call upon all who are cluttering up site to give the rest of us a break and just start PMing each other. Once again, have a fun 4th of July weekend.

(07-01-2018, 12:17 PM)eric Wrote: If you feel I am referencing you alone when I have asked for a ceasefire several times, I am sorry.

No, I feel like you're referencing me when you make remarks like this:

Quote:Are you suffering from BPA? Laughing seems all you can do these days, don't worry, there are great meds for that.
BPA - uncontrolled laughing or crying--watch med ads on the old people networks.

You talk about ceasefires and threads like, "Why can't we all just get along", and then completely do a 180 and make snide remarks. Those remarks were not generated to an anonymous few, but to me. If they weren't please explain why you'd say such a thing and I will eat my words and apologize.

(07-01-2018, 12:17 PM)eric Wrote: It is boring for those who are not enjoying being in the fight to have to wade thru all the noise. So, I will call upon all who are cluttering up site to give the rest of us a break and just start PMing each other.

What I find outrageous is seeing people badgered and told when they can post, where they can post, what subjects not to bring up, continual whining about revisiting old posts, and the eternal vomit of verbal abuse.

You're complaining about having to wade through noise? Be glad that's all you have to deal with.

You have a happy fourth as well.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - eric - 07-02-2018

(07-01-2018, 08:39 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 12:17 PM)eric Wrote: If you feel I am referencing you alone when I have asked for a ceasefire several times, I am sorry.

Quote:Are you suffering from BPA? Laughing seems all you can do these days, don't worry, there are great meds for that.
BPA - uncontrolled laughing or crying--watch med ads on the old people networks.

You talk about ceasefires and threads like, "Why can't we all just get along", and then completely do a 180 and make snide remarks. Those remarks were not generated to an anonymous few, but to me. If they weren't please explain why you'd say such a thing and I will eat my words and apologize.

(07-01-2018, 12:17 PM)eric Wrote: It is boring for those who are not enjoying being in the fight to have to wade thru all the noise. So, I will call upon all who are cluttering up site to give the rest of us a break and just start PMing each other.

What I find outrageous is seeing people badgered and told when they can post, where they can post, what subjects not to bring up, continual whining about revisiting old posts, and the eternal vomit of verbal abuse.

You're complaining about having to wade through noise? Be glad that's all you have to deal with.

We are all entitled to our own opinions and view points. Have a nice date.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - irukandji - 07-02-2018

(07-02-2018, 06:22 AM)eric Wrote:

I'm not sure I follow your argument as far as that being an opinion, and I don't see you being forthright enough to discuss why you stated what you did. So be it.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - dicappatore - 07-03-2018

(07-02-2018, 06:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 06:22 AM)eric Wrote:

I'm not sure I follow your argument as far as that being an opinion, and I don't see you being forthright enough to discuss why you stated what you did. So be it.

Getting the last word on your deflected argument does not prove you have a clue on the subject matter of a TV show called GRIMM. Opine all you want. Whine and complain and play the victim all you want about being bullied. When a kid walks into a playground and starts shouting BS to the rest of the kids playing and they in turn put the shouting BS Atist in their place, as eric did on the post below, proving you have no clue of the subject matter. Doesn't it make one wonder whom is the real bully?

(06-29-2018, 07:05 AM)eric Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 04:26 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 12:32 PM)eric Wrote: Before Renard, Adeline and Kelly became her real family, not just her caretakers, she accepted being passed from one one group to another. Once she got a loving family she was willing to kill to protect dad, mom and little brother. The lieutenant is proof she was only willing to accept and protect her true family, no longer to passively move from one to another person. Killing Conrad proved that.

I don't count Kelly as part of Diana's real family because when Kelly appeared in the series finale, Diana didn't make one reference to her other mommy. But I do agree with you that she viewed Renard, Adalind, and little Kelly as her true family. Oh yeah, and doofus Nick as well.
The "kelly" I was referring to was her brother, not Nick`s mom.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - syscrash - 07-03-2018

Quote:Before Renard, Adeline and Kelly became her real family, not just her caretakers, she accepted being passed from one one group to another. Once she got a loving family she was willing to kill to protect dad, mom and little brother. The lieutenant is proof she was only willing to accept and protect her true family, no longer to passively move from one to another person. Killing Conrad proved that.
Again this is an example of describing motivation on what one would think would be the expected response, and not considering the Diana responses we have seen. Take the lieutenant as an example of her protecting the family. Yet we where only shown Diana response as being no more then self interest. In fact you can not show one case where she came to the aid of anyone that was not in her own self interest.

Based on what we have seen what Diana can do. The following examples shows she has no concern for others.
1. escaping from the Royals. Each kill may have helped Adalind, but more over it helped facilitate Diana's escape.
2. If Diana has the protect the family mindset. Why did she not make any effort to not be taken from her mother or father. Instead she went without opposition with a stranger.

3. The next time we see Diana she does noting to help Kelly or to be taken by the Royals.

4. We see the results of Diana being removed from tHW, yet no signs of her having any opposition to their actions.

5. Even when she does re-connect with her parents, her actions are cliche. The show even provided expose showing the difference between a writers description of a relationship and what actual happens in a relationship. Even the Rachel and Conrad killings are explained with cliche reasoning.

Like many other comments people keep making their explanation based on what you would expect a child to do Forget from even before Diana was born, there was nothing about how she reacted to any situation that showed her as a child. At a day old she figured out how to manipulate adults to get them to build a fire so she could get warm. That alone shows she was never a child.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - irukandji - 07-04-2018

(07-03-2018, 04:25 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Before Renard, Adeline and Kelly became her real family, not just her caretakers, she accepted being passed from one one group to another. Once she got a loving family she was willing to kill to protect dad, mom and little brother. The lieutenant is proof she was only willing to accept and protect her true family, no longer to passively move from one to another person. Killing Conrad proved that.
Again this is an example of describing motivation on what one would think would be the expected response, and not considering the Diana responses we have seen. Take the lieutenant as an example of her protecting the family. Yet we where only shown Diana response as being no more then self interest. In fact you can not show one case where she came to the aid of anyone that was not in her own self interest.

Based on what we have seen what Diana can do. The following examples shows she has no concern for others.
1. escaping from the Royals. Each kill may have helped Adalind, but more over it helped facilitate Diana's escape.
2. If Diana has the protect the family mindset. Why did she not make any effort to not be taken from her mother or father. Instead she went without opposition with a stranger.

3. The next time we see Diana she does noting to help Kelly or to be taken by the Royals.

4. We see the results of Diana being removed from tHW, yet no signs of her having any opposition to their actions.

5. Even when she does re-connect with her parents, her actions are cliche. The show even provided expose showing the difference between a writers description of a relationship and what actual happens in a relationship. Even the Rachel and Conrad killings are explained with cliche reasoning.

Like many other comments people keep making their explanation based on what you would expect a child to do Forget from even before Diana was born, there was nothing about how she reacted to any situation that showed her as a child. At a day old she figured out how to manipulate adults to get them to build a fire so she could get warm. That alone shows she was never a child.

It sounds like what you've described here is a sociopath.