Grimm Forum
Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? (/Thread-Why-did-Meisner-keep-Diana-away-from-her-parents)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - WispyWillow - 07-06-2017

Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents?

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - eric - 07-06-2017

It would not have remained a secret for long. The royals would have killed them and gotten Diana anyway.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - WispyWillow - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 06:26 AM)eric Wrote: It would not have remained a secret for long. The royals would have killed them and gotten Diana anyway.

the royals didn't care about diana after the king was killed.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - rpmaluki - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 06:33 AM)WispyWillow Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 06:26 AM)eric Wrote: It would not have remained a secret for long. The royals would have killed them and gotten Diana anyway.

the royals didn't care about diana after the king was killed.
True. I think HW wanted to have Diana under their control, much like everyone else who wasn't her parents.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - jsgrimm45 - 07-06-2017

I see it as more like HW told Nick that all of them were being watched by BC. So it Diana were to show up with Adalind they would know. So Meisner was protecting Adalind and Nick from BC. Now this didn't work out well as we seen but that was the plan as I see it. It had nothing to do with Sean at the time only Adalind.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - Devegs - 06-06-2018

(07-06-2017, 06:33 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: the royals didn't care about diana after the king was killed.

I'm guessing Victor saw Diana as a possible future usurper. The King was obsessed with his granddaughter and her powers. She was his illegitimate grandchild, but times are a'changing and Eric was gone. The King might groom Diana so well that she might want to takeover upon his death. The King had lost faith in Victor. He had pulled him out of Portland and brought in Kenneth. By taking care of the King quickly, before he returned to Austria and completely removed him from the helm of affairs, Victor secured his own position which was a great move on his part.

On the topic:

After the scoobies & Sean had taken Diana and handed her to Kelly, IIRC Tavitian met with Sean and warned him that the resistance too would be looking for Diana. Basically, the resistance wanted the child for themselves. There was no mention of the child's mother, just that they too would be looking for the child. Kelly knew of a prophecy about a child. She was possibly briefed, by the resistance, about the special child they were rescuing when they hired her to get Adalind & Diana out of Austria. Maybe that's why Kelly felt no qualms about subverting the plan the resistance had for Diana; aside from the fact that the resistance had also been compromised.

Meisner paid a lot of attention to Diana's powers while they were on the run in Austria. The hexenette conversion to agent Eve was Meisner's project at HW, maybe his dream was to become Diana's handler as well? I believe someone mentioned something similar before on the forum, or maybe not.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - FaceInTheCrowd - 06-06-2018

Freddie wanted his granddaughter. Therefore, anyone who wanted to win Freddie's favor (and be named his successor) wanted to be the one who got Diana for Freddie.

HW wasn't concerned much about the royals, or they wouldn't have struck a deal with Viktor. Their priority was keeping Diana out of Black Claw's hands.

And I wonder whether the resistance really wanted the magic child for themselves, or if it was more about depriving King Freddie of the granddaughter he wanted so badly than anything else. Because Diana became an HW asset pretty quickly after Freddie took his helicopter swan dive.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - dicappatore - 06-07-2018

When we meet Meisner, on the show. There is no speculation to opine on his purpose. He is focused and placed himself in danger by helping Sean by being a member of the Resistance. By keeping Diana from her parents, obviously with Sean's blessing, resulted in preventing the Royals getting her. He had a good reason why he was against the Royals. S3, E 15, Once We Were Gods. Toward the end of the episode.

Cabin scene with Adalind and Meisner;

Adalind; Thank you for helping us. So weird to think of myself as "us." Do you have someone?
Meisner; I did. My girlfriend was killed two years ago by the royals. And not quickly.
Adalind; I'm sorry.
Meisner; I'm looking forward to the time I make them feel sorry. {phone rings}
Sean; Where are you?
Meisner; The cabin with Adalind.

As we can see by this dialogue, Meisner was focused on getting back to the Royals for what they did to his G/F.

What we can speculate is how he got involved with HW. IMO, here is a character that was well liked by the fans. This creative team has a history to some fan bases accommodating. So, they bring back this mercenary that was previously involved with Diana. Was this planned from the get go or later added? Now we know how he got involved in this Wesen World and our hero 's story line.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - FaceInTheCrowd - 06-07-2018

Tossing King Freddie out of the helicopter might have been enough to satisfy Meisner's desire to avenge his GF, at least in the short term. But when Sean asked him if the deal the resistance made with Viktor had put Viktor on the throne, his reply was, "for now." So in the long term, he probably had more in mind.

RE: Why did Meisner keep Diana away from her parents? - Devegs - 06-07-2018

(06-06-2018, 09:20 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: HW wasn't concerned much about the royals, or they wouldn't have struck a deal with Viktor. Their priority was keeping Diana out of Black Claw's hands.

... Diana became an HW asset pretty quickly after Freddie took his helicopter swan dive.

As to HW/Meisner's reason for keeping Diana, I still lean towards Meisner kept her away from her parents because he wanted to keep her because of her powers. As per Meisner, the resistance made a deal with Victor that they would keep Diana after the King was betrayed. However, HW had Diana not the resistance - so we know Meisner fibbed a bit to Sean. So how much of the story was untrue? Was it all of it, most of it or some of it? The resistance supposedly made a deal with Victor to kill the King and keep Diana. Why would they want to keep Diana at this point if they wanted her solely because they didn't want the King to get her? King Freddie was the only royal interested in Diana. I find it interesting that though Diana was being kept by HW, Meisner pinned it on the resistance - similar to how the scoobies wanted the royals to believe the resistance had Diana when they kidnapped Diana from them.

We have that the royals were not interested in Diana after her grandfather's death, not even for her powers. BC was around at the time since HW had already recruited Trubel. However, BC had no interest in Diana until they needed to create a family image for her father, so he could supposedly win an election. So BC did not want Diana for her powers as well, they wanted her so she could pose with her father & mother to look like an actual family. Although they were using her, BC actually did right by Diana since they united her with her parents. I dont recall if Bonaparte showed any interest in Diana's powers.