Grimm Forum
Pivotal points you would have re-written - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Pivotal points you would have re-written (/Thread-Pivotal-points-you-would-have-re-written)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Pivotal points you would have re-written - dicappatore - 07-01-2017

Reading some of these other threads, again we keep crisscrossing them. Seems they trend ending up discussing the writers faulting the plot, story line.

Please add your thoughts on what, where whom you think there was a pivotal point you would have changed to support your outcome. Not the whole script or eliminating or adding whole seasons or episodes, but just one or two critical scenes and/or dialog at a time.

I gave one example in on other thread;

S4, E22, You Don’t Know Jack. The scene where, Nick comes home, sees his bed all messed up. Adalind comes to mind, Calls Hank to check with Adalind about Sean’s alter ego, Jack and leaves the house. I think to go to meet up with Hank.

What if he had stayed home and just let Hank handle it. He had proof someone slept in his bed. He could have then confronted Juliette when she comes back to set the Kelly trap?

RE: Pivotal points you would have re-written - rpmaluki - 07-01-2017

I wanted the wesen uprising to be a natural phenomenon instead of a BC plot device to take over the world.

Recently I've been partially won over by Syscrash's idea of Zerstörer coming after Diana as a result of the ritual that Adalind performed that gave her her powers. It honestly could have tied several loose ends over several seasons like the prophesy from Kelly and it would have justified why Zerstörer was after Diana, to siphon her super powers which would explain why she became useless once they're together in the same room.

Speaking of Zerstörer, Bonaparte should have been Zerstörer's disciple who was heralding Zerstörer coming into the world by eliminating opposition before the big take over.

Sean should have returned to Vienna to challenge Viktor for the throne after learning of his father's death instead of becoming a BC pawn.

RE: Pivotal points you would have re-written - dicappatore - 07-01-2017

(07-01-2017, 11:38 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I wanted the wesen uprising to be a natural phenomenon instead of a BC plot device to take over the world.

Recently I've been partially won over by Syscrash's idea of Zerstörer coming after Diana as a result of the ritual that Adalind performed that gave her her powers. It honestly could have tied several loose ends over several seasons like the prophesy from Kelly and it would have justified why Zerstörer was after Diana, to siphon her super powers which would explain why she became useless once they're together in the same room.

Speaking of Zerstörer, Bonaparte should have been Zerstörer's disciple who was heralding Zerstörer coming into the world by eliminating opposition before the big take over.

Sean should have returned to Vienna to challenge Viktor for the throne after learning of his father's death instead of becoming a BC pawn.
Not to get off subject, but when you see the writers of a drama/fantasy show somehow combine Hitler being a Wesen and Zerstorer a pedophile and make it look as if just another day in the office makes you wonder WTF happened to the writers. Did the originals quit after season 3.5? And a new crew came in?

RE: Pivotal points you would have re-written - Hexenadler - 07-01-2017

Nick walking out on Juliette after she reveals her Hexenbiest secret, and then refusing to kiss her later on, are definitely two story details I would have changed. It just didn't make any sense for Nick to behave like that after everything the two of them had been through.

RE: Pivotal points you would have re-written - Hell Rell - 07-01-2017

The scene of Juliette asking Nick to kiss her would have to be taken out entirely instead of him deciding to kiss her. I just can't see him doing that in any shape or form. They wisely decided not to have Adalind make such a ridiculous request.

RE: Pivotal points you would have re-written - dicappatore - 07-02-2017

(07-01-2017, 09:07 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: The scene of Juliette asking Nick to kiss her would have to be taken out entirely instead of him deciding to kiss her. I just can't see him doing that in any shape or form. They wisely decided not to have Adalind make such a ridiculous request.

That’s one of the points I tried to bring up over and over again to the posters that blame Nick for looking the other way and she knows he is a Grimm. So much about her fearing him. Yet she never does it with Ken or Sean and hi is a Zauberbiest. How can that fair to Nick? This is what they gave us to work with. Talk about how to write a character to hate.

Too bad the writers of this series didn’t consult with the writers of “Supernatural”. I think they are up to 12 seasons or so.

I hope the same doesn’t happen to another series I am enjoying, Dark Matter. 3rd season is out. They brought back a love interest of the character Three. Her memories were uploaded just before she died. She is still existing digitally. I am sure soon she will be downloaded to a human clone or android of herself.

RE: Pivotal points you would have re-written - Nicholas White - 07-02-2017

1) Juilette Hexenbiest thing. Her becoming a hexenbiest was fine but I would have rashly explained it. I would have simply stated the residual of Adalind Spirit latched onto Juilette after the doppleganger spell wore off. No super hexenbiest or it being unexplainable. I would have only had her have a portion of Adalinds power like Telekiensis and Pryokinesis.

This way we get over the whole dump fest that was Hexenbiest Juilette storyline in Season 4.

2) I still would have had Juilette and Nick break up. However it would simply be because Juilette multiple near death experiences which would shake anyone. Remember the Manticore which almost killed her if she wasn't a hexenbiest or Adalind putting her in a coma. At first it would be interesting living with aGrimm but clearly more wesen would come after Juilette to get revenge on Nick. Their relationship was already rocky before the whole Adalind situation or Hexenbiest Situation.

Also didn't she get kidnapped by a dragon wesen? I feel like she did in the earlier season.

Also considering Juilette still didn't want to marry Nick after she found out everything just goes to show that Juilette wasn't as into the relationship as Nick was. Doesn't make Juilette a bad person it just makes her human.

3) I would have had Adalind actually use a locator spell or any spell to ensure that Victor actually had Diana before going to see him. She had a magical Hat, a powerful spell recipe book and 3 big spell books. I find it hard to believe not one of them posses a locator spell. Every show I have seem with witches have locator spells.

I would have loved to actually see her use the spell books in action. I would have had Kelly put a magical talisman on Diana cloaking her from locator spells. This way the show could still keep Diana off screen for a while. Still would have had Adalind figure out Victor doesn't have Diana. Still would have had Adalind take away Nick's powers though. He needed that obstacle for character growth.

4) Get rid of Truble. She halted Nick progression as a Grimm. Basically Nick being stripped of his powers was lost on me because of Truble being there.

5) Explore more into Hexenbiest and Grimms. I would have connected Hexenbiest to Psychic energy and Witchcraft(Nature). Explore the full capabilities of a Hexenbiest. Same with Grimm. I would have connected them to death and had their power extend further. Gave Nick a photographic memory, Muscle memory, the ability of adaptability and Mediumship. Ofcourse kept the whole Super Strength, super speed and super senses stuff.

6) I would have kept whole baby thing but instead had Adalind have twins. Instead of Adalind coming back to Portland I would have had her visit her Grandmother to see if she had a spell to get Diana back. I wouldn't have had Nick find out about the pregnancy until around the time Adalind was giving birth. Wouldn't have had Adalind tell him but rather had Renard P.I tell Renard ho then tells Nick. Had a magical blood test like Diana tell Adalind that they are Hexenbiest and Grimm. This is how Renard figures out the child is Nick.

7) I would have had Nick workout more post Juilette Break up. Improve and develop his Grimm abilities and Knowledge. At this point in time I would have had him buy the old paint Factory to use as training grounds. Eventfully had him transfer the books from the trailer to the Factory/loft. Have Wu beef up the security on the place.

Clearly he would use the Money he got from the insurance his parents left behind and the Money Kelly would have given to Nick after her return.

8) I would have told Wu about the Wesen world but after his break down I wouldn't have allowed him to be reinstated as a police officer. I would have had Wu take the time to really reconstruct the loft/factory Nick brought. Would have had him digitalize and encrypt the Wesen Book knowledge.

9) Relationship Wise I would have had Nick end up with Adalind. Juilette end up with Meisner.

10) I would have made Meisner a series regular. Had him and Juilette not Eve crap have more interactions and a relationship.

RE: Pivotal points you would have re-written - Hexenadler - 07-02-2017

(07-01-2017, 09:07 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: The scene of Juliette asking Nick to kiss her would have to be taken out entirely instead of him deciding to kiss her. I just can't see him doing that in any shape or form. They wisely decided not to have Adalind make such a ridiculous request.

But by not allowing Nick to embrace either Juliette or Adalind's Hexenbiest selves, they're only painting a fatalistic outlook on relationships between Grimms and Hexenbiests. It's bigotry and pessimism rolled into one unpleasant combo. The writers didn't just sabotage Nick and Juliette's romance with that move, they basically sabotaged the entire show.

I mean, what exactly is the message we're supposed to take from Nick and Juliette's fallout? That true love will always be determined by exterior factors like physical appearances and personalities? Pardon my French, but that's bullshit. Are we left to assume Nick's love for Adalind will automatically "shut off" the moment Adalind asks for a kiss when she's woged? Anyone who agrees with that perspective is a cynical fool.

RE: Pivotal points you would have re-written - Hell Rell - 07-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 01:29 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:

But by not allowing Nick to embrace either Juliette or Adalind's Hexenbiest selves, they're only painting a fatalistic outlook on relationships between Grimms and Hexenbiests. It's bigotry and pessimism rolled into one unpleasant combo. The writers didn't just sabotage Nick and Juliette's romance with that move, they basically sabotaged the entire show.

I mean, what exactly is the message we're supposed to take from Nick and Juliette's fallout? That true love will always be determined by exterior factors like physical appearances and personalities? Pardon my French, but that's bullshit. Are we left to assume Nick's love for Adalind will automatically "shut off" the moment Adalind asks for a kiss when she's woged? Anyone who agrees with that perspective is a cynical fool.

Why would anyone ask for a kiss in that state? Nick already knows they're Hexenbiests and wants to be with them. He didn't break it off with Juliette. You'd be right if Juliette or Adalind got excited one day while they were being intimate and Nick said "the hell with this" and ended the relationship right then and there.

Juliette was being cynical when she woged because she already figured the relationship was doomed and intentionally tried to disgust Nick. Their relationship, as written, was already over in Juliette's mind.

RE: Pivotal points you would have re-written - silver - 07-02-2017

I'm toadally non-plussed at how nobody seems to think it's possible in such incredible situations that Juliette simply. went. crazy. and remains crazy for a while. When someone is in a situation and they are decidedly in over their heads, and nobody seems able or willing to put themselves in her shoes - forget that it's a story - IF it really could happen, wouldn't it just be the whole thing was just too very much for her psyche to bear and to deal with? I don't think she's railing at nick over it as much as she's railing over the whole happenstance.

Nobody has to be blamed for going crazy. It just happened. And just because Elizabeth said there might be 'side effects', she didn't exactly go into any possible specific side effects. Why would she say it if she didn't have some inkling as to what those side effects could be. She knew at the very least that there WOULD be consequences whether they took action or not.

And Monroe and Rosalee may care for and love those they try to help, but their love and compassion can't always come through.