Grimm Forum
Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette (/Thread-Misdeeds-of-Adalind-and-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - dicappatore - 06-26-2017

All this talk of trailer back, it’s location an “Killing Wesen” I like to keep it simple based on what we are given in the previous seasons. Let’s apply the acronym KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid! So let’s keep it simple based on what we have been given in the series.

The trailer is back from the beginning when Ant Marie shows up. Based on one of the episodes, Nick buys a piece of land off the beaten path hidden away and hard to find with no direct road to it.

Let’s all not forget. Nick is a new kind of Grimm. Unlike his mom, aunt and the Grimm tradition. He wasn’t killing any Wesen for being a Wesen. He was killing only the BAD Wesen. 20 years later I am sure he is keeping to that tradition and is well known throughout the Wesen community. So, for Wesen or a Grimm or combined, to be killing other Wesen is not out of the ordinary and causing outrage and shock in the Wesen community

During the whole series, I don’t recall all Wesen being such upstanding members of their Wesen community and only killed Kehrseite. Shoot, they were killing more of their own. Black Claw being one of the biggest culprit.

In that last scene, while we are being told Diana, Kelly, Mom and Dad and the Triplets have Wesen to kill. We can easley speculate. Sean is NOT the father living with Diana and Kelly. I don’t recall Sean ever killing a Wesen if it did not profit him.

The line’ We got Wesen to kill. The triplets are coming too” tells us, most likely, It’s still the core remnants of the old gang. Nick, Adalind, Monroe and Rosalee and the kids. Hank and Wu are probably retired 20 years later.

Sean is also retired and on the sidelines, as he was during the series. No longer sharing custody of Diana since she is of age and probably still keeping in touch with her Dad. Nick is and will be a Grimm to his last days.

Aunt Eve? In the Stone Hedge episode, while waiting for the Zerstoerer, she was very specific on what her future plans were for the rest of her life. And based on that group hug at the end. She is either popping in to help the new gang or at least keeping in touch. Any other speculations on her future is pure fabrication unless there is a scene or a conversation telling us otherwise that I have missed.

As for Trubel? Kelly does say, she was Nick’s third cousin on his mother side and not much more. So where is she 20 years later? Who knows. I am good, but not that good!

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - brandon - 06-26-2017

It was Juliette who bought the land and was in his name. More precisely a friend of she got it.

(06-26-2017, 10:45 AM)brandon Wrote: It was Juliette who bought the land and was in his name. More precisely a friend of she got it.

Well Juliette and her friend, a real estate agent found it, but he paid for it. He owned it.

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - irukandji - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 05:52 AM)Robyn Wrote: We don’t know when Nick replaced the trailer and began collecting items to replace those lost in the fire. The trailer looked rather stocked, updated and often used, so it didn’t look like they’d just recently returned to using a trailer. Agree that a little trailer on wheels is the least secure location to store hard to replace weapons and such, but G & K were probably just paying homage to the beginning, a coming full circle ending, and not considering practicality.

I agree that the trailer is a homage thing, I just am not sure who it's in homage to. No surprise here, but I'm also with you on the practicality front as well. In this case, the trailer's outrageously unbelievable as far as practicality and good sense go. Maybe Diana conjured it up magically.

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - Robyn - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 05:20 PM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='Robyn' pid='59531' dateline='1498481523']
We don’t know when Nick replaced the trailer and began collecting
I agree that the trailer is a homage thing, I just am not sure who it's in homage to. No surprise here, but I'm also with you on the practicality front as well. In this case, the trailer's outrageously unbelievable as far as practicality and good sense go. Maybe Diana conjured it up magically.
No doubt there are times some Grimms need to easily transport their weaponry and what not, the trailer seemed to fit Marie’s lifestyle. But Nick has only traveled outside Portland once, to find the stick, so maintaining a trailer instead of a hidden, defendable bunker could be his way of continuing tradition for the sake of tradition. Or it could just be Nick not thinking about potential problems until after they bite him on the ass. *grin*

(06-26-2017, 05:40 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 05:20 PM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='Robyn' pid='59531' dateline='1498481523']
We don’t know when Nick replaced the trailer and began collecting
No doubt there are times some Grimms need to easily transport their weaponry and what not, the trailer seemed to fit Marie’s lifestyle. But Nick has only traveled outside Portland once, to find the stick, so maintaining a trailer instead of a hidden, defendable bunker could be his way of continuing tradition for the sake of tradition. Or it could just be Nick not thinking about potential problems until after they bite him on the ass. *grin*

haha, some other things I was thinking of. Anyone who's traveled in a trailer knows how tedious it is to load and unload them. I never saw Nick as particularly industrious and in fact, he may have figured it was easier to just leave the thing loaded and dump it somewhere. He's also on the lazy side so I just can't see him doing caulking and the double upkeep an old Airstream dumped in a forest would need.

(06-25-2017, 12:00 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: The trailer's location is a case of old habits die hard. I imagine it's only Nick's family that knows its location and those he trusted implicitly like Monroe and Rosalee (he'd have to if they are working with their triplets), much like the old one but this time he's taken extra precautions to ensure a repeat of Juliette burning it down doesn't happen, because he's limited the knowledge of its existence to a very small group of people he trusts.

I agree rp, the trailer was a great idea. Nick started to build up the inventory of its contents the night it was toasted by Juliette. I am sure most of the books might have burned but the weapons did not. Hardwood items might scorch and metal doesn’t burn well. Most were not fully damaged and what remained were taken to the Spice shop.

In addition to all the weapons his aunt left him. He had a whole cache of additional weapons from Josh’s father. Besides the key, he gave Nick a trunk full of more weapons. Later on they got another cache of weapons from the trunk with all the books they got from Monroe’s uncle.

Who knows what additional weapons they picked up 20 years later. That would have made a hell of a collection when put all together. As for the potions and spices I am sure with the help of Rosalee and the two Hexenbiests in the gang those were easily replaced. The Spice shop was no longer an ideal location knowing the connection it had with a Grimm

Keeping it mobile was another great tactic. Before WWII, the French, thinking they learned their lessons from WW1, formed the famous Mginot Line facing Germany. A series of concrete fortifications, obstacles and armed bunkers which the Germans over ran in a few days at the beginning of WWII.

In modern times, it’s hard to defend a stationary target. Given Nick’s experiences with the Royals, Sean, Verat and even “Torching Juliette”, it was a great idea to keep it secret and keep it mobile

(06-25-2017, 10:02 AM)Robyn Wrote: I agree about the trailer, other than housing a cache of specific Wesen-killing weapons and Wesen information it was mostly personal family history. Which is probably why Juliette targeted the trailer - it was intimately important to Nick.

And completely agree that all of the people involved have repeatedly violated the natural laws of the Wesen world as though they are the supreme ruler of all things Wesen. I think with this you’ve touched on a fantastic final season arc. FitC and I talked about this along with our disappointment in S5’s BC & HW storyline about a political coup. I would have loved a final season arc about a Wesen uprising and the grassroots motivation behind it that forces compromise and unity moving forward - a disbanding of the old ways, Grimm and Wesen.

Thanks, Robyn! I appreciate the compliment. I too think a wesen uprising (without the BC backdrop) would have been a great storyline as well, although I do like a storyline where the scoobies change from hunters to hunted. A sort of retribution for tampering with the natural laws. In fact, a spin off dealing with the scoobies' interference might be real interesting......

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - Robyn - 07-01-2017

(06-26-2017, 08:13 PM)irukandji Wrote: Thanks, Robyn! I appreciate the compliment. I too think a wesen uprising (without the BC backdrop) would have been a great storyline as well, although I do like a storyline where the scoobies change from hunters to hunted. A sort of retribution for tampering with the natural laws. In fact, a spin off dealing with the scoobies' interference might be real interesting......
You’re welcome. I like your thought process with this. To me, the S5 storyline could have included switching the roles of hunter and hunted without the inclusion of BC specifically. After Wesen Nacht, I kept waiting for Wesen who were on board with the uprising to make life miserable for Nick and the gang by overwhelming them with a rapid upsurge in Wesen related crimes. But I think Nick’s next case was the lake monster where three guys were trying to make a quick buck from an increase in tourist activity. Except for Monroe infiltrating a community gathering in Star Crossed, you’d hardly know local Wesen were even aware of an uprising.

I would have preferred that Renard concluded the uprising had reached a momentum that couldn’t be stopped and stepped in to establish his place at the top as their leader over him becoming Bonaparte’s bitch during BC’s political coup attempt.

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - Devegs - 07-02-2017

(07-01-2017, 04:06 PM)Robyn Wrote: ... To me, the S5 storyline could have included switching the roles of hunter and hunted without the inclusion of BC specifically. After Wesen Nacht, I kept waiting for Wesen who were on board with the uprising to make life miserable for Nick and the gang by overwhelming them with a rapid upsurge in Wesen related crimes. But I think Nick’s next case was the lake monster where three guys were trying to make a quick buck from an increase in tourist activity. Except for Monroe infiltrating a community gathering in Star Crossed, you’d hardly know local Wesen were even aware of an uprising.

When Monroe infiltrated the secret wesen uprising meeting, the wesen there presented their main grievance as being the Kehrseite. Grimms are lumped in as well, of course, because they were grimms. The show also portrayed that there were not that many grimms, so grimms (including Nick and the gang) were definitely not the ones holding wesen back, Kehrseite were. Switching the roles of hunter and hunted without the inclusion of BC specifically would still mean that Kehrseite would become the hunted. Preserving Kehrseite norms was what they were rebelling against and not just grimms. BC was presented was the (evil) leaders who were taking advantage of this uprising. However, 'regular' community wesen being recruited also resented having to observe kehrseite norms and laws.

Quote:After Wesen Nacht, I kept waiting for Wesen who were on board with the uprising to make life miserable for Nick and the gang by overwhelming them with a rapid upsurge in Wesen related crimes.

With this scenario, innocent wesen would have been killed just to make life miserable for Nick ( and the gang) since his cases typically involved the death of wesen in the hands of other wesen. It would also make the wesen uprising even less genuine as a grassroots movement as well.

I do like the scenario of wesen and humans compromising and living together -
but that would have been a bigger feat to accomplish for G& K since they would now have to go even bigger and even more global with their story. Aside from the handful of humans that know about wesen in different towns (if we take Portland as a representative sample), you'd have to spring them the majority of unsuspecting humans too.