Grimm Forum
Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette (/Thread-Misdeeds-of-Adalind-and-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - Robyn - 06-19-2017

Quote:...And what does Juliette do? She rewards Sean with Sex.

LOL!

Without Renard playing the characters for fools, most of the overreaching arcs would crumble. No one ever examined Renard’s original involvement in getting Marie’s key and questioned his actual motive in ‘siding’ with the Grimm. And even when he was caught with his hands clearly shoved into the cookie jar, everyone acted as though that was his only lapse in moral judgment.

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - dicappatore - 06-19-2017

(06-19-2017, 05:47 PM)Robyn Wrote:
Quote:...And what does Juliette do? She rewards Sean with Sex.

LOL!

Without Renard playing the characters for fools, most of the overreaching arcs would crumble. No one ever examined Renard’s original involvement in getting Marie’s key and questioned his actual motive in ‘siding’ with the Grimm. And even when he was caught with his hands clearly shoved into the cookie jar, everyone acted as though that was his only lapse in moral judgment.

I have painted him as a snake in a few posts.

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - Hexenadler - 06-20-2017

(06-19-2017, 05:47 PM)Robyn Wrote: Without Renard playing the characters for fools, most of the overreaching arcs would crumble. No one ever examined Renard’s original involvement in getting Marie’s key and questioned his actual motive in ‘siding’ with the Grimm. And even when he was caught with his hands clearly shoved into the cookie jar, everyone acted as though that was his only lapse in moral judgment.

"Grimm" has been one of the most frustrating shows I've ever watched. I've wanted to like the characters over and over again, but the writers continually treated them in such a disposable way it was almost impossible.

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - jsgrimm45 - 06-21-2017

How should we add the reason for Adalind's and Juliette actions? As who was pulling the strings or should that even be considered?

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - brandon - 06-23-2017

For me the most detestable was what Juliette did.
What happened between Adalind and Nick were small fights.
You took away what I most loved and now I'll take it off.-Adalind from "Hexenbiest" to "human".
"They gave my daughter to royalty"And Victor agreed to see her if she returned the favor to Nick.
No one thought about what could happen, Sean despised Victor.Said Victor would deny it.
Nick did not trust his "captain" but he had to follow his orders.

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - Robyn - 06-25-2017

(06-20-2017, 04:35 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: "Grimm" has been one of the most frustrating shows I've ever watched. I've wanted to like the characters over and over again, but the writers continually treated them in such a disposable way it was almost impossible.
Completely agree. At times it felt as though the characters were stick figures with cutout faces pasted on them.

(06-21-2017, 06:18 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: How should we add the reason for Adalind's and Juliette actions? As who was pulling the strings or should that even be considered?
I suppose it doesn’t matter considering the show is over and G & K consistently put the stories they wanted to tell before characterization. But your question offers an opportunity to discuss, hopefully objectively, the pros and cons of the characters’ evolution.

Juliette and Adalind were my biggest disappointment in character evolution. Neither woman was allowed to step out of the shadow of the men in their lives and come full circle. Whatever either did, good or bad, was a direct response to a man in her life at the time, and neither had the means or the fortitude to choose differently.

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - irukandji - 06-25-2017

I've been watching this thread and wanted to pose another question. How or will Adalind's misdeeds affect the population of hexenbiests in general?

Here's what I was thinking about:

Rosalee reveals that it is the blood of a grimm that can eliminate a hexenbiest's powers. Nick uses this knowledge when Adalind stupidly begins to fight him and he eliminates her powers. As the information came from a wesen, is it common knowledge among grimms that they have the blood to remove a hexenbiest's powers? In your opinion, did Adalind know Nick had such a power?

Adalind went over to Europe to obtain another hexenbiest spirit. In order to do that, she must murder a hexenbiest. The hexenbiest spirit must accept her, otherwise she would have to murder again and again until she found a compatible spirit. How would the hexenbiest population view Frau Pech's murder so that Adalind could regain her powers? I imagine anyone who was allied or friends with Pech probably wouldn't look upon the murder as a kindly act.

Adalind gives birth to a girl who's been so manipulated by her mother's actions in the womb that she is a among the most powerful hexenbiests ever encountered. She in effect, becomes the victim of individual and organizational struggles to own her.

Adalind is ordered to perform a spell to remove Nick's powers. She screws up her portion of the spell and becomes pregnant with his child. How would the hexenbiest population view a hexenbiest who cannot successfully complete spells?

Adalind gives birth to a child of mixed grimm/hexenbiest heritage. We know there are wesen who are totally against such a practice. How would hexenbiests look upon one of their own doing such a thing?

Adalind shacks up with the same grimm who took her powers away in the first place.

Finally, Adalind allows her children to become grimms. Is this the straw that would break the proverbial camel's back in the hexenbiest world?

Based on they way Hexenbiest were portrayed for the most part, I don’t think they would see any deed motivated by personal gain or a power play as unacceptable, even murder of another Hexenbiest. Elizabeth betraying another Hexenbiest and aiding a Grimm was for her son’s personal benefit. Catherine used her own daughter for personal benefit.

Not sure if Adalind was ill informed about spells or simply ill informed about the people in Nick’s circle. I imagine Adalind assumed Nick wouldn’t have a way to know his blood could kill her Hexenbiest or that another Hexenbiest would help reverse the de-grimming spell. Renard was sufficiently surprised and impressed that he aligned himself with the novice Grimm. But if Rosalee hadn’t come to town because her brother died, Nick probably wouldn’t have learned about Grimm blood’s effect on Hexenbiest and Renard wouldn’t have asked for his mother’s help had re-grimming Nick not been to his benefit.

You’d think Monroe and Rosalee would be in danger from a large portion of the Wesen population because they actively aided a Grimm and often went against Wesen culture to do so. But I only recall their interracial marriage being a problem. So Hexenbiest may react much the same.

As for Diana and Kelly, I think most Hexenbiest would be interested in Diana for the same reason Kelly was - her powers - not how she came about having those powers, and Kelly identifying as a Grimm or Zauberbiest would depend on who he grew up with. Had things turned out differently, I don’t see Renard raising Kelly to be Grimm.

RE: Misdeeds of Adalind and Juliette - irukandji - 06-25-2017

But....here are some things to consider. The trailer is way out in the boonies away from everyone and everything. I assume it's hidden away for a reason. In other words so no one can get at it. Yet, in the scheme of things, the series is over. So who would want a crack at the trailer? Aside from the scoobies, no one knows about it.

Second, at the end of the series, Diana tells Kelly there are wesen to kill, paraphrasing here. My question is, what wesen are there to kill and why? We don't know if Nick is retired, but in view of things, he is really the only grimm and the one who would kill wesen as part of his police work.

Third, we know from Diana that besides her and Kelly, the triplets are coming and Mom and the non specific "Dad". I find it interesting that all of the people involved, (even the non specific person who is "Dad"), have repeatedly violated the natural laws of the wesen world.

Suppose the wesen world is fed up with not only Adalind's violation of their natural world, but with Nick, Rosalee and Monroe as well? So the killing is part of a war between the scoobies and the wesen world?

I agree about the trailer, other than housing a cache of specific Wesen-killing weapons and Wesen information it was mostly personal family history. Which is probably why Juliette targeted the trailer - it was intimately important to Nick.

And completely agree that all of the people involved have repeatedly violated the natural laws of the Wesen world as though they are the supreme ruler of all things Wesen. I think with this you’ve touched on a fantastic final season arc. FitC and I talked about this along with our disappointment in S5’s BC & HW storyline about a political coup. I would have loved a final season arc about a Wesen uprising and the grassroots motivation behind it that forces compromise and unity moving forward - a disbanding of the old ways, Grimm and Wesen.