Grimm Forum
Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? (/Thread-Was-Juliette-a-user-of-men-did-she-prostitute-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - silver - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 01:58 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 12:42 PM)silver Wrote: I think Nick's biggest mistake was in treating Juliette like a young child who needed to be protected from his 'world' of Wesen, etc. in the first place. It's the seed of her frustration and knowing she's being treated like almost incompetent so when it all builds to a head, it's gone on far too long, him acting like he has to be her protector and he's also got all his Wesen friends treating her like that, for a time, too! Thank god for Rosalee's balanced view - but, too little too late.

He was too wrapped up in his police duties and Grimm stuff to wake up to the fact that Juliette cannot keep going on with him keeping all this from her, without her going nutsy just like Hank and Wu almost did.

Plus, I think Juliette was very above-board and downright virtuous, when Nick proposed and she said she couldn't because her sensing of all this stuff being hidden from her and his aloofness and knowing she's being kept in the dark couldn't have felt right to her at that point.
I agree with your assessment of Nick’s reaction, but in his defense - and trust me, I don’t often defend Nick *grin* - he seems to have an instinctive protective nature, especially with those in his immediate circle, and specifically a girlfriend/wife. I think that’s one of the components of Nick/Adalind that works well for them. Nick likes Adalind as the little woman who wants to be wife and mother. And Adalind likes that family and their safety & wellbeing is Nick’s priority. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen any of the first couple of seasons, but I don’t recall Juliette ever needing or coveting Nick’s protection the way Adalind does.

Compound that with Nick’s world instantly going from totally normal to completely bizarre, and I doubt he understood it enough to explain it to anyone in the beginning. And given how bizarre things were for an otherwise normal guy, I can understand why he didn’t immediately end his relationship with Juliette just because Marie told him to. But once Nick realized he couldn’t keep the Grimm-Wesen conflict out of his personal life, I’m not sure informing Juliette was enough. Because even after Juliette was aware and actively involved she was still at risk.

So I guess the questions is - Realizing how dangerous his day to day life had become, should Nick have ended his relationship with Juliette in order to keep her away from the dangers of his Grimm life? Did he have the right to make that decision for her or should he have left staying or leaving up to Juliette?

Too many things were happening all at once - no way to escape the incredible confusion for any of them. Nick just awakening to his Grimm-hood, his aunt paying a surprise visit and being under attack, like right off the bat, etc. Heck, I feel protective of Juliette's eventual rage at the stuff that befell her. The rage couldn't be contained after so many insane things happening, but her reaction was her downfall but nobody should blame her. She WAS what Nick wanted, then she changed, then Adalind became everything he wanted. This story line is so crazy! In a way - a big way - I think plenty of us were having secret wishes that Adalind had stayed dead at the end - I think of that line from the Alpe story - who's gonna miss her.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 04:24 PM)silver Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 12:42 PM)silver Wrote: I think Nick's biggest mistake was in treating Juliette like a young child who needed to be protected from his 'world' of Wesen, etc. in the first place. It's the seed of her frustration and knowing she's being treated like almost incompetent so when it all builds to a head, it's gone on far too long, him acting like he has to be her protector and he's also got all his Wesen friends treating her like that, for a time, too! Thank god for Rosalee's balanced view - but, too little too late.

He was too wrapped up in his police duties and Grimm stuff to wake up to the fact that Juliette cannot keep going on with him keeping all this from her, without her going nutsy just like Hank and Wu almost did.

Plus, I think Juliette was very above-board and downright virtuous, when Nick proposed and she said she couldn't because her sensing of all this stuff being hidden from her and his aloofness and knowing she's being kept in the dark couldn't have felt right to her at that point.
I agree with your assessment of Nick’s reaction, but in his defense - and trust me, I don’t often defend Nick *grin* - he seems to have an instinctive protective nature, especially with those in his immediate circle, and specifically a girlfriend/wife. I think that’s one of the components of Nick/Adalind that works well for them. Nick likes Adalind as the little woman who wants to be wife and mother. And Adalind likes that family and their safety & wellbeing is Nick’s priority. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen any of the first couple of seasons, but I don’t recall Juliette ever needing or coveting Nick’s protection the way Adalind does.

Compound that with Nick’s world instantly going from totally normal to completely bizarre, and I doubt he understood it enough to explain it to anyone in the beginning. And given how bizarre things were for an otherwise normal guy, I can understand why he didn’t immediately end his relationship with Juliette just because Marie told him to. But once Nick realized he couldn’t keep the Grimm-Wesen conflict out of his personal life, I’m not sure informing Juliette was enough. Because even after Juliette was aware and actively involved she was still at risk.

So I guess the questions is - Realizing how dangerous his day to day life had become, should Nick have ended his relationship with Juliette in order to keep her away from the dangers of his Grimm life? Did he have the right to make that decision for her or should he have left staying or leaving up to Juliette?

Too many things were happening all at once - no way to escape the incredible confusion for any of them. Nick just awakening to his Grimm-hood, his aunt paying a surprise visit and being under attack, like right off the bat, etc. Heck, I feel protective of Juliette's eventual rage at the stuff that befell her. The rage couldn't be contained after so many insane things happening, but her reaction was her downfall but nobody should blame her. She WAS what Nick wanted, then she changed, then Adalind became everything he wanted. This story line is so crazy! In a way - a big way - I think plenty of us were having secret wishes that Adalind had stayed dead at the end - I think of that line from the Alpe story - who's gonna miss her.

I think you meant Juliette should have stayed dead. I agree. I posted it before. Bringing her back as Eve was the beginning of the end for the series.

I won’t take credit for this idea that someone else brought up. If they wanted to keep the actress in the series. Bring her back as a twin sister. A look alike cousin “Patty Duke Show” style. A few clones "Orphan Black" style. I'm sure HW could have used a few more Eves. that would have been better. Maybe even re-spark the relationship with nick and the replacement.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Loona - 06-26-2017

The beginning of Nadalind was the end for the series !!!

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-26-2017

I do not think so. People always looking for a scapegoat. Just like those who blame Yoko Ono for...

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - silver - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 04:36 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

I think you meant Juliette should have stayed dead. I agree. I posted it before. Bringing her back as Eve was the beginning of the end for the series.

I won’t take credit for this idea that someone else brought up. If they wanted to keep the actress in the series. Bring her back as a twin sister. A look alike cousin “Patty Duke Show” style. A few clones "Orphan Black" style. I'm sure HW could have used a few more Eves. that would have been better. Maybe even re-spark the relationship with nick and the replacement.

What?! God no! I didn't mean that like, at all. I just got here, so I know I didn't see your post of that idea, but no. I loved her as Eve - as you should be able to tell by my avy.

I really like how Bitsie plays all her roles perfectly - and by that, I mean that she was very human and it was really easy to follow her emotional state. I mean, I love all the characters, but I think Bitsie played hers with such depth - for a TV series, that is. Eve was so robotic due to having to submerge Juliette just to live as Eve, and in doing so, she had some blind spots, like she was rather anal. But then again, I think about how Meisner sent the both of them to find Hank when both of them should've been thinking about 2 or 3 steps ahead but they didn't.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-26-2017

I would have missed her.

Welcome to the board btw, I hope you enjoy your stay.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 04:24 PM)silver Wrote: Too many things were happening all at once - no way to escape the incredible confusion for any of them. Nick just awakening to his Grimm-hood, his aunt paying a surprise visit and being under attack, like right off the bat, etc. Heck, I feel protective of Juliette's eventual rage at the stuff that befell her. The rage couldn't be contained after so many insane things happening, but her reaction was her downfall but nobody should blame her. She WAS what Nick wanted, then she changed, then Adalind became everything he wanted. This story line is so crazy! In a way - a big way - I think plenty of us were having secret wishes that Adalind had stayed dead at the end - I think of that line from the Alpe story - who's gonna miss her.

Sweet! Absolutely sweet! Love your post, silver.

The thing I always wondered about is why Nick just didn't kill Adalind when he had the chance. He defeated her by taking her power, and she was evil. And this to me, is the quintessential hypocritical Nick.

He's told by Aunt Marie to kill the bad wesen. He has the primo example right before him who murdered his aunt and what does he do? He lets her live.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Loona - 06-26-2017

Much more terrible, he " supposedly " feel in love with the woman who did the nasty things towards his friends. Let it be Hank or Juliette itself. Okay with Wu it was unplanned. But how can he fall in love with that woman? Sorry, but I don't get it- and it has nothing to do with Adalind - I like her as character but I don't get the how and why? And the need of that Couple - If Nick and Adalind would have stay as friends or co parents for Kelly okay...

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Robyn - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 05:12 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 04:24 PM)silver Wrote: In a way - a big way - I think plenty of us were having secret wishes that Adalind had stayed dead at the end - I think of that line from the Alpe story - who's gonna miss her.
I would have missed her.
I would have missed Adalind too. And I would have missed Juliette had she actually, or I guess physically, died at the end of S4. Juliette was far from a favorite and I didn’t find her that interesting, but I never wanted her dead. However, I would much preferred Juliette working through the S4 Hexenbiest crap-fest instead of her being turned into a different persona.

(06-26-2017, 05:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: Sweet! Absolutely sweet! Love your post, silver.
The thing I always wondered about is why Nick just didn't kill Adalind when he had the chance. He defeated her by taking her power, and she was evil. And this to me, is the quintessential hypocritical Nick.
He's told by Aunt Marie to kill the bad wesen. He has the primo example right before him who murdered his aunt and what does he do? He lets her live.
I posed that question some time ago, and someone explained Rosalee discovered that Nick killing Adalind’s Hexenbiest would free Hank from the spell, but killing Adalind would also kill Hank. I think that part may have gotten rewritten when G & K responded to fans’ reactions by not killing off Adalind when that storyline ended.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Hell Rell - 06-26-2017

Nick initially wanted to kill Adalind but Rosalee told him Hank would die if he did. He had the opportunity after he took her powers in the park but she was completely defenseless at that point and was no longer a Hexenbiest.

None of the main characters, although Adalind became one later in the series, died (or stayed dead) throughout the show. He had plenty of reasons to kill Adalind, Renard, and Juliette. There were points in the series where I wouldn't have blamed him much for killing any of them. All three are responsible for the murders or attempted murders of the two most important woman in his life.

I think there has to be some middle ground. It's extreme to say Nick is a hypocrite because he either doesn't spare or murder every bad wesen he comes across.

As for characters staying dead, that's going to open up a whole other can of worms. It's fine if you wanted Adalind to stay dead but Renard actually did die and Juliette was closer to death than Adalind ever was before the finale. Those were even more egregious than Adalind returning in the finale since everyone else did. In fact, Juliette died and Renard died again before Adalind did in the finale.