Grimm Forum
Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? (/Thread-Was-Juliette-a-user-of-men-did-she-prostitute-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 06:55 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-24-2017, 07:11 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Being a grimm and a hexenbiest didn't break up Nick and Juliette. We see now how well they could have mixed had they persevered. However, being two different species under the strain they were facing as a couple at that time, it was the the penultimate straw before the last one that eventually broke the back (Kelly's death). Ever since Nick became a Grimm and eventually confessed the truth about it to her, his life with Juliette didn't get any better for it. Other things began cropping up between them that were never fully resolved so when she snapped as a hexenbiest, all of her grievances against Nick flooded back and were compounded by the presence of a very pregnant Adalind.

I don't think Eve and Nick would have mixed well if they persevered. I thought there was some chemistry between them a few times when she was Eve, but that was quickly quashed by the creative team. If you compare Nick and Eve's friendship to that of Nick and Monroe, it falls completely flat. Not because it's a man to woman friendship versus a man to man friendship. It has to do with the interaction of the characters as allowed by the creative team. Nick and Monroe interact on a much more personal basis than Nick and Eve. In my estimation, I see Nick and Eve as more peers than anything else. It's apparent to me that their peer relationship was never going to go further. Nick never cared for Eve the way he cared for his friends.

Quote:Brandon wrote:
I think that the relationship of Nick and Adalind will exceed that of Nick and Juliette. Because in an moment they left behind the pride to care for a baby. Juliette did nothing for his relationship. She asking for help to Rosalee in spice shop and then rejecting everything by seeing Nick. Laughing at Nick. Telling Rosalee that everything was fine-4×19-. That helped him to be proud? In nothing.

Well, Brandon, you can ramble on and on about the olden days but that all ended with season 4. Season 5 brought us some new and drastic changes. You mention Juliette did nothing for the relationship. In seasons 5 and 6, she couldn't. Adalind had been declared Nick's next live in.

I am still of the opinion that the hexenbiest/grimm mixed relationship cannot endure if both are allowed to be grimms and hexenbiests, that which is natural to them. But that doesn't change that the two species seem to be natural enemies. Nick and Adalind did nothing to change that because Adalind was willing to completely cave to Nick. I believe it was Robyn who said it best: Adalind became the mouse in the corner. She was allowed to live there and she was allowed to raise Kelly there. Diana was also allowed there. At times. Did Adalind ever rise to status of co-owner, co-decision maker or even Nick's equal? Nope.

So while they got along and Adalind raised Kelly and everything seemed hunky dory, I think it was often for appearance's sake because Adalind catered to Nick. I'm sure sometimes Adalind is sitting in the fome, wondering what it be like if she could just go back to being a hexenbiest and raising hell once again. When she got drafted to homemaker duty, she lost her sparkle.

I do recall a scene where Adalind is talking to Rosalle about her ful Hex returning from the results of the potion she took to test before they offered it to Juliette. She confides with Rosalee that she had no desire of getting her full Hex back and how she wished she could be free from a Hexnbiest all together

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 06:55 AM)irukandji Wrote: I don't think Eve and Nick would have mixed well if they persevered. I thought there was some chemistry between them a few times when she was Eve, but that was quickly quashed by the creative team. If you compare Nick and Eve's friendship to that of Nick and Monroe, it falls completely flat. Not because it's a man to woman friendship versus a man to man friendship. It has to do with the interaction of the characters as allowed by the creative team. Nick and Monroe interact on a much more personal basis than Nick and Eve. In my estimation, I see Nick and Eve as more peers than anything else. It's apparent to me that their peer relationship was never going to go further. Nick never cared for Eve the way he cared for his friends.
I was talking about Nick and Juliette right after she became a Hexenbeist before she went off the bender. I'm saying had they persevered and truly worked through their deep seeded issues, even without bringing marriage into the equation, perhaps they could have mixed well and actually made it work, the whole grimm and hexenbiest thing. I expected it but it never happened. It's bewildering how he made it work with Adalind.

You are right about the writers shooting down any real connection between Nick and hexenbiest Juliette or Eve for whatever reason. Nick was quite distant with Eve for all of season 5 and sort of apprehensive with her when she started having issues after the stick incident. Nobody will ever top Monroe when it comes to who Nick is closest to but I wouldn't say he was detached from Eve at all this season, at least not as blatant as he was last season. Nick had his life and he involved her as much as it was appropriate, even letting her stay at the loft as long as she did, however awkward that whole situation was imo.

I think both Nick and Eve drew a line where each was concerned as they should, all things considered. Too much had gone down between them and both were too far gone apart for any lingering closeness resembling some of what we saw in the first few seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they drifted further apart over the years.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 10:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I was talking about Nick and Juliette right after she became a Hexenbeist before she went off the bender. I'm saying had they persevered and truly worked through their deep seeded issues, even without bringing marriage into the equation, perhaps they could have mixed well and actually made it work, the whole grimm and hexenbiest thing. I expected it but it never happened. It's bewildering how he made it work with Adalind.

Sorry about that. I was thinking you were talking about Nick and Eve.
When Juliette first became a hexenbiest, before she even told Nick, I figured the series was going to deal with it the way the would if any of the characters came down with some magical ailment. In other words, I thought the gang would come immediately to her aid, preceded by Nick. That's the way they always did it, they worked together to find a solution.

It seemed so strange this time that Juliette refused to divulge what she was feeling. But at the same time, it seemed Nick was more absent than normal so he wouldn't be around to even clue in that something might be amiss. I also thought it very strange that Rosalee didn't think any more of Juliette's symptoms when Juliette confided to her that she thought she might be pregnant. I would have thought Rosalee at the very least might want to keep a periodic eye on Juliette for side effects to the spell, since Juliette has suffered from side effects of spells in the past.

Looking back at it, it all seemed a deliberate attempt to keep everyone away from Juliette until it was too late to do anything. Too bad really. I do believe the series presented a stigma with regard to hexenbiests, just like there was a stigma to the reapers, the manticore, and several other species of wesen. It would have been interesting to watch the characters deal with their prejudices while trying to help Juliette. From her end, vice versa.

As for Adalind getting along with Nick, I think she just figured out how to butter Nick's bread and it boiled down to catering to him. I do not say this as a slam to her. I just look at it as she had no home, and no way of providing for herself. He offered and she took his offer. I do think that in caving to him though, the spark that was Adalind disappeared. Despite her deeds, she was an interesting and fun character. Living with Nick seemed to take the fun out of her.

(06-25-2017, 10:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: You are right about the writers shooting down any real connection between Nick and hexenbiest Juliette or Eve for whatever reason. Nick was quite distant with Eve for all of season 5 and sort of apprehensive with her when she started having issues after the stick incident. Nobody will ever top Monroe when it comes to who Nick is closest to but I wouldn't say he was detached from Eve at all this season, at least not as blatant as he was last season. Nick had his life and he involved her as much as it was appropriate, even letting her stay at the loft as long as she did, however awkward that whole situation was imo.

Eve staying in the loft tunnels and then eventually elevating to the upper floors was one of the weirdest and most bizarre elements to the series I've ever seen. Certainly Eve had enough money and means to afford a place of her own just like distant memory Juliette.

However, since the series decided to put Adalind and Eve together, I would have loved to have seen some shop talk about hexenbiests rather than Adalind apologizing. I thought that was a nice gesture, but really out of place.

(06-25-2017, 10:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think both Nick and Eve drew a line where each was concerned as they should, all things considered. Too much had gone down between them and both were too far gone apart for any lingering closeness resembling some of what we saw in the first few seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they drifted further apart over the years.

Nick's sense of timing has always had me puzzled. He barely acknowledges Eve during the last season, but then decides they should have a sort of heart to heart while they're going on to fight the Z.

I think as you do, that Nick and Eve parted company and Eve went on to do whatever it is she wanted to do. I like to think that since she got feelings back, she gave another shot at love, family and a profession. We'll never know, however.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 10:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 06:55 AM)irukandji Wrote: I don't think Eve and Nick would have mixed well if they persevered. I thought there was some chemistry between them a few times when she was Eve, but that was quickly quashed by the creative team. If you compare Nick and Eve's friendship to that of Nick and Monroe, it falls completely flat. Not because it's a man to woman friendship versus a man to man friendship. It has to do with the interaction of the characters as allowed by the creative team. Nick and Monroe interact on a much more personal basis than Nick and Eve. In my estimation, I see Nick and Eve as more peers than anything else. It's apparent to me that their peer relationship was never going to go further. Nick never cared for Eve the way he cared for his friends.
I was talking about Nick and Juliette right after she became a Hexenbeist before she went off the bender. I'm saying had they persevered and truly worked through their deep seeded issues, even without bringing marriage into the equation, perhaps they could have mixed well and actually made it work, the whole grimm and hexenbiest thing. I expected it but it never happened. It's bewildering how he made it work with Adalind.

You are right about the writers shooting down any real connection between Nick and hexenbiest Juliette or Eve for whatever reason. Nick was quite distant with Eve for all of season 5 and sort of apprehensive with her when she started having issues after the stick incident. Nobody will ever top Monroe when it comes to who Nick is closest to but I wouldn't say he was detached from Eve at all this season, at least not as blatant as he was last season. Nick had his life and he involved her as much as it was appropriate, even letting her stay at the loft as long as she did, however awkward that whole situation was imo.

I think both Nick and Eve drew a line where each was concerned as they should, all things considered. Too much had gone down between them and both were too far gone apart for any lingering closeness resembling some of what we saw in the first few seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they drifted further apart over the years.

I would have been happy to see a scene or two where Adalind, with her non-existence Hex powers, would ask Eve-ette to join her and Nick in bed to feel safer. After all, he did sleep with both of them twice before. A newer meaning to a "Happy Ending".

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 11:28 AM)irukandji Wrote: As for Adalind getting along with Nick, I think she just figured out how to butter Nick's bread and it boiled down to catering to him. I do not say this as a slam to her. I just look at it as she had no home, and no way of providing for herself. He offered and she took his offer. I do think that in caving to him though, the spark that was Adalind disappeared. Despite her deeds, she was an interesting and fun character. Living with Nick seemed to take the fun out of her.
I agree that Adalind gave up a part of herself to be with Nick. She saw no value in it and for viewers it's a great loss but I think Adalind was more than happy to do it. I never liked evil witch Adalind. In fact I loathed her. I've said this about a million times, how I started to like her around the time she had Diana and later wanted to be better for her children. At this stage, she'd do anything to be rid of the shackles of her past misdeeds. It started when she had the children and falling in love with Nick gave her the extra push that cemented that decision, so I can't complain. However, I do wish they kept some of her spunk minus all the wickedness from early in the show.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Robyn - 06-25-2017

I got the impression during S6 that Nick accepted Adalind’s Hexenbiest and even embraced it to some degree. And Adalind finally realized that the Hexenbiest didn’t define who and what she was. For Adalind, her earlier obsessions over being a Hexenbiest then not being a Hexenbiest were replaced by more important priorities in her life.

But I too miss the spunk of the original Adalind. Being good shouldn't require giving up her spunk and snark.

(06-25-2017, 11:28 AM)irukandji Wrote: Eve staying in the loft tunnels and then eventually elevating to the upper floors was one of the weirdest and most bizarre elements to the series I've ever seen. Certainly Eve had enough money and means to afford a place of her own just like distant memory Juliette.

Juliette quit being a Vet. She didn’t own the practice. Left her job before she exposed herself to the gang. If she had money then, why sleep in the car, go live with Sean. Gets thrown in jail. She has to wait for Ken to bail her out, instead of posting her own bail with all the property and cash she supposedly had, then take Ken's offer to stay in the Hotel suite previouslly slept in by Adalind.

Then she is taken in by HW. Jailed, tortured for months. As Eve she is on a limited government salary and living in a government installation As I recall HW was on a very limited budget based on Meisner’s comments and no cash to buy the Grimm Books..
Once HW id taken out of action by BC, she is unemployed. And has no place to stay. Ends up sleeping in the tunnels and then gets offered a bed in the loft from Adalind. She then takes residence in the Spice Shop. These are not the actions of a well off person.

I guess these are just opinions compared to the facts of an Eve having enough money and means to afford a place of her own just like the distant memory of Juliette living in Nick’s house. <<SARCASM>>

(06-25-2017, 12:59 PM)Robyn Wrote: I got the impression during S6 that Nick accepted Adalind’s Hexenbiest and even embraced it to some degree. And Adalind finally realized that the Hexenbiest didn’t define who and what she was. For Adalind, her earlier obsessions over being a Hexenbiest then not being a Hexenbiest were replaced by more important priorities in her life.

But I too miss the spunk of the original Adalind. Being good shouldn't require giving up her spunk and snark.
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say he embraced it (I don't think anyone ever truly can that isn't born one/zauberbiest). Nick did accept that it was a part of her and in the times she woged in front of him, he showed little reaction to it and even expressed worry over her when they were trying to figure out what was up with the skull man in the mirror despite her being a hexenbiest but then again that was Zerstörer, everyone should have been worried.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-25-2017

I really don't think Nick embraced Adalind's hexenbiest either. I was wondering just what he'd do if he came home and saw a woged Adalind brewing some kind of potion. My thoughts? Adalind wouldn't be living in the fome too much longer if she kept up that kind of behavior.

(06-25-2017, 01:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: I really don't think Nick embraced Adalind's hexenbiest either. I was wondering just what he'd do if he came home and saw a woged Adalind brewing some kind of potion. My thoughts? Adalind wouldn't be living in the fome too much longer if she kept up that kind of behavior.
If he came home and found her brewing something, he'd probably ask her what she was up to, was it serious and did she need his help? He's at the stage where he doesn't think she'd do anything treacherous or villainous like when he first met her. I don't see Nick ever cuddling up to a hexenbiest in my jaundiced opinion but he's not completely put off by it or her hexenbiest in particular even though she was the first one he encountered that he fought with the longest. He and Adalind supposedly worked on their trust issues since the end S5, probably ironing out the remainder of niggling little things in between the two decades they spend together.

The three times she woged in front of him this season, he asked for it for the trust me knot spell, the second time was when they needed to open the book to find out how Eve crossed through the mirror and he didn't react at all, instead it looked more like Diana was the one giving him vibes when he pulled out the stick and her eyes began to glow. The last time time Adalind woged was when they needed the blood of a Grimm, Hexenbiest and a wesen. Nick placed his hand directly above Adalind's shrivelled up hand and again he wasn't creeped out by it all.

Honestly, I can't talk about the full extent of Nick's embracing Adalind's hexenbiest because I'm speaking for myself and I can't imaging cozying up next to one or even imagine being intimate with one because eww, is all I have to say on the matter. Nick has shown to move past a lot of his prejudices where hexenbiests are concerned, I don't see him holding on to even the most basic of those where not only Adalind is concerned but also Eve.