Grimm Forum
Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? (/Thread-Was-Juliette-a-user-of-men-did-she-prostitute-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-17-2017

Here is my take:
Her college roommate and herself in the same episode confirms she was promiscuous in college.

She was living in Nick’s house. I see her cook and buy groceries so looks like she was sharing expenses. She was sharing his bed, in return she had a free roof over her head.

She has sex with Sean after he took her in for a few days, and an introduction to Henrietta

She jumps on Kenneth to express her value as a Hexenbiest to the Royals

IMO, she was a hoe in waiting. The Hexenbeist just released her true nature.

What is your assessment of her moral disposition.?

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-17-2017

What, in your opinion, constitutes a "whore"?

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Tara - 06-17-2017

You tend to exaggerate, don't you? And no Juliette didn't prostitute.

Do you know the meaning of that word?

Here, if you want to read Juliette and Nicks Homes

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - New Guy - 06-17-2017

Hi Forum,
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/whore
Quote:whore
noun
1. a person who engages in promiscuous sex for money; prostitute.
2. Disparaging and Offensive. a person who is sexually promiscuous.
3. a person who sacrifices personal principles or uses someone or something in a base or unworthy manner, usually for money:
a greedy publicity whore.
and:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/promiscuous
Quote:promiscuous
adjective
1. characterized by or involving indiscriminate mingling or association, especially having sexual relations with a number of partners on a casual basis.
2. consisting of parts, elements, or individuals of different kinds brought together without order.
3. indiscriminate; without discrimination.
4. casual; irregular; haphazard.
IMO, Juliette meets definition 2 of "whore" by her her fornication with Renard and Kenneth. She meets definition 1 of "promiscuous" because she fornicated both Renard and Kenneth.
Regardless, she failed to be a "woman of virtue" as described here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Virtuous-Woman
In particular and in staying on topic for this thread, her sexual behavior totally lacked virtue:
Quote: Keep your body pure. Another way to phrase this would be to respect your body. Treat your body as a treasure and do not give it away to just anyone.
Traditionally, keeping your body pure means waiting until marriage before having sex. Nearly every major religion will agree on this point.
Even if you have no religion to claim, the principle of purity still applies to you. Sex should be treated as something special that should only be cherished between two people in love.
Although Juliette spurned Nick's proposal she failed to be respectful and faithful to him:
Quote:Respect your husband, if applicable. If you are married, you need to love and listen to your husband. Your marriage is a partnership, and your husband is expected to respect you, as well, of course.
You do not need to obey your husband's every command, but if you married a man of character, he will not want to do anything to cause you harm. As long as this is true, then you need to at least respect your husband by discussing points of disagreement and considering his perspective before mutually reaching a conclusion.
Fidelity is another way for you to respect your husband. You need to be faithful to him, and must never cheat on him.
IMO, Juliette's problems were the result of her rejection of virtue. She showed disdain for virtue and sought a vile and sinful life.
N G

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-17-2017

New Guy do you consider Juliette a whore for fornicating with Nick?

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-17-2017

A part of the people religious is hypocritical. People who say that you have to love your neighbor and rejects who is different.
To be a prostitute is something else, and I do not see that Juliette has been.
I think have misunderstood what Alicia says.
I take it as Juliette had several friends
As a girlfriend, Juliette failed Nick.
She hoping he would accept but she never did it.
First laughing at Nick's, then doing the same with Rosalee.
Saying thing and one thing another.
Who the hell understands, Juliette Silverston?.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-17-2017

(06-17-2017, 01:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: What, in your opinion, constitutes a "whore"?

IMO, Whore? Anyone, having sex for monetary reward of profit with no emotional attachment.

As for her college days, Sean and Kenneth, no emotional attachments.

She might have had emotional attachment to Nick but living with a guy in his house and not wanting to marry him after 3 years, and how she dropped him like a bucket of crap so fast and easily. It puts doubt in my mind of her honesty and emotional attachments to him.

(06-17-2017, 01:02 PM)Tara Wrote: You tend to exaggerate, don't you? And no Juliette didn't prostitute.

Do you know the meaning of that word?

Here, if you want to read Juliette and Nicks Homes

My exaggeration and over the top of her behavior doesn’t even come close.

I do know the meaning of the word. Do you?

Please, let me be clear. I am referring to the character Juliette, not the actress Elizabeth.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Tara - 06-17-2017

Yes, I know the meaning of that word. I know that you don't mean the actress but the character but Juliette isn't prostitute.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Renardfan99 - 06-17-2017

Juliette was an idiot who trashed her relationship with Nick when things did not go her way. She CHOSE not to tell Nick about being a hexenbiest after he made the huge mistake in not telling her the truth about being a Grimm and then she deliberately slept with Renard and Kenneth. So, I personally think Juliette is a bag of hair.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-17-2017

Some of you Juliette sympathizers remind me of a conversation I had years ago with a coworker.

This coworker had two kids with the woman he was living with for years and loved her very much. One day he shows up to work all huffy and puffy because his own mom referred to his kids as BASTARDS. In my wisdom of being over 20 years or so older than him, I said, let’s talk about this.

I asked, why are you upset that she referred to them as bastards. He said, well it’s a derogatory term to use on her own grandkids. Well I agree, it is derogatory but do you know the actual meaning of the word” bastard”? He replied, yea its bad. My kids are no good, low lives. We go on line and look up the actual meaning of the word.

Bastard.
1) A person born of parents not married to each other
2) 2 An unpleasant or despicable person.

I told him, as you can see in the 1st definition. Your mother is correct. In the old days, having kids out of wedlock was frowned upon and they were called bastards. To distinguish offspring of married ones.

I asked him why didn't he marry her? He said; we never got around it.
Today it might not be frowned as much but the definition still stands!!!

By definition, the character Juliette behaved as a whore!