Grimm Forum
What if Eve never was Juliette? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What if Eve never was Juliette? (/Thread-What-if-Eve-never-was-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

What if Eve never was Juliette? - Hexenadler - 06-10-2017

I can't remember who it was, but someone around here offered the idea of Eve actually being a clone of the original Juliette, who could still be in captivity somewhere. Personally I think this is slightly less offensive than the concept they used on the show with Juliette simply being "brainwashed" into Eve and magically absolved of all her crimes, but what's your take?

RE: What if Eve never was Juliette? - MarylikesGrimm - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 07:19 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: I can't remember who it was, but someone around here offered the idea of Eve actually being a clone of the original Juliette, who could still be in captivity somewhere. Personally I think this is slightly less offensive than the concept they used on the show with Juliette simply being "brainwashed" into Eve and magically absolved of all her crimes, but what's your take?

I would rather had Bitsie be "Eve" as Juliette's sister or cousin who was always a hexenbiest looking for who killed Juliette.

That way we would hear what team Nick told Juliette's family too. Nick still would have felt guilty about happen to Juliette and that would have affected his relationship with Eve and Nick still could have been attracted to Eve too.

RE: What if Eve never was Juliette? - wfmyers1207 - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 07:19 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: I can't remember who it was, but someone around here offered the idea of Eve actually being a clone of the original Juliette, who could still be in captivity somewhere. Personally I think this is slightly less offensive than the concept they used on the show with Juliette simply being "brainwashed" into Eve and magically absolved of all her crimes, but what's your take?

I suppose that would explain some things about the characters. But, I can't get past feeling that they should never have brought the character and actress back at all. Bitsie Tulloch stinks up the screen, period! Huh

RE: What if Eve never was Juliette? - Loona - 06-10-2017

What does the actress have to do with it?

(06-10-2017, 09:41 AM)Loona Wrote: What does the actress have to do with it?

G&K was going to have Nick's girlfriend be a baker but Bitsie loved animals so much he made her a vet. If Claire had played Juliette which is the part she first tried out for she would have been likely a baker. Also if Claire's real pregnancy was part of the show and Claire was Juliette that would change baby Kelly's mother but not daddy.

RE: What if Eve never was Juliette? - New Guy - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 09:38 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:

I suppose that would explain some things about the characters. But, I can't get past feeling that they should never have brought the character and actress back at all. Bitsie Tulloch stinks up the screen, period! Huh
Hi WF,
Many would agree with your comment "that they should never have brought the character and actress back at all." This article from TV Guide was refreshing:
http://www.tvguide.com/news/grimm-season-5-premiere/
IMO the article made it clear:
Quote:What's Grimm Without Juliette?
Awesome
As Hanh Nguyen says:
Quote:Ding-dong! The Hexenbiest is dead!

As we return to Grimm for its fifth season on Friday (9/8c, NBC), it is with the delightful knowledge that Juliette is well and truly dead. Nothing against Bitsie Tulloch, the lovely actress who played Juliette, but she was a problematic and often annoying character who never had a clear role in the group other than Nick's (David Giuntoli) girlfriend. The best decision the writers made was to turn her evil enough through Hexenbiest-ery that she had to die.
Yes, she had to die and should have stayed dead.
IMO, the FrankenEve character was even more annoying and problematic. After 5-1/2 seasons it was finally cancelled.
Compare it to Blue Bloods, a police drama with no fantasy aspect:
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/blue-bloods-cbs-tv-series-cancelled-renewed-season-eight/
I like the episodes. It has decent action. It respects the viewer. The Reagan family has solid ethics and morals. They eat meals together. They also pray together. They fight crime together. I doubt that real cops can solve cases in 45 minutes, but why leave everything hanging? So CBS is going ahead with season 8.
N G

RE: What if Eve never was Juliette? - brandon - 06-10-2017

Not everything in life is like "Blue Blood".

I like Elementary, Law & Order: SUV, and CSI: NY and in another city like NCIS New Orleans. I like cop shows that show the diverse communities of New York City and other cities. Many cop shows make up the science like CSI: NY and I do not like that. NCIS New Orleans season final shows was similar to 522 to 603 in Grimm. Pride was breaking the rules in a very Nick way going after the corrupt New Orleans mayor who was like Sean the mayor elect. In theory, Pride is based partly on a real NCIS retired agent.

RE: What if Eve never was Juliette? - Renardfan99 - 06-10-2017

Juliette should have died at the end of s1.

RE: What if Eve never was Juliette? - New Guy - 06-11-2017

(06-10-2017, 06:37 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Juliette should have died at the end of s1.
Hello Renardfan99,
You could be right. G&K did kill her off at the end of S4, but failed to respect the permanence of death, brought her back as FrankenEve and killed the entire show.
N G