Grimm Forum
Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. (/Thread-Did-Nick-and-Adalind-fall-in-faster-or-slower-than-a-normal-couple)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - MarylikesGrimm - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 07:24 AM)brandon Wrote: It was Julietet who made fun of Nick's love and the friendship that Rosalee offered.
When in season 5 or 6 did Eve/Juliette do those things? Like Adalind, Eve has been looking for some redemption too. All the main characters have made some big mistakes.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Devegs - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 07:30 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 07:24 AM)brandon Wrote: It was Julietet who made fun of Nick's love and the friendship that Rosalee offered.
When in season 5 or 6 did Eve/Juliette do those things? Like Adalind, Eve has been looking for some redemption too. All the main characters have made some big mistakes.

@Brandon, that's more of a season 4 argument. The characters have all moved well past all that in S5 and S6. Infact, Juliette is still 'dead' according to Eve. Eve acknowledges her Juliette actions, but is looking to redeem herself while finding purpose and peace for herself as Eve.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Hell Rell - 06-02-2017

Once again, why are people questioning Nick and Adalind being together for 20 years? There is no next season to hype up which means there's no particular storyline the writers are trying to get people excited for or even wonder about. Who are they trying to fool and what benefit would they get from it?

I can't believe ninety percent of the conversations about Juliette and Adalind come down to shipping. Shippers make up such a small percentage of the audience. And as far I'm concerned, Nick and whoever isn't even the most popular ship on the show. That would undoubtedly be Monroe and Rosalee. Yet, their relationship doesn't overtake their worth as individual characters.

I wasn't crazy about Eve at all but it's not because she wasn't with Nick. I see that some posters who claim to like Juliette view her as worthless outside of her relationship with Nick. Making every conversation about her into a shipping debate is one of the worst things to do a character. It simply reduces her to being a love interest and nothing else. Maybe that's the writers fault but Grimm is not TVD. It isn't all about shipping and that has never been the main focus of the show.

(06-02-2017, 01:54 AM)Tara Wrote: No, I don't believe it and I also don't think that Nick and Adalind will be together such a long time frame. But doesn't matter, what we believe or not. Since we are only fans. And we all like talking about Grimm, sometimes more sometimes less. Arguments belongs to a series. Since everyone have their own favorite character. And of course the ships like Nadalind or Nickliette.

You're talking like the show is still ongoing. You say you don't believe Nick and Adalind will be together for such a long time frame but that's exactly what happened. The show ended with them being alive and together for two decades.

You may have just worded it wrong and meant to say you don't believe they would've stayed together that long before the epilogue. Otherwise, you are in denial. I don't think anyone would begrudge you if you had just said you don't like the ending, as many here don't, but you make it seem as if the ending never happened.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - jsgrimm45 - 06-02-2017

If this has already been said in one of the pages sorry. Now that the series is over we have 20/20 hindsight. Those are IMO ideas so take them as such. I don't think the writers or anyone ever intended Nick and Juliette to be a couple it was always going to be Nick and Adalind. Now to the why.

First episode Nick see Adalind in what the first 5 minutes, so at that time Nick knows Adalind is a hexenbiest, and Adalind knows Nick is a Grimm. Now take season one Nick asks Juliette to marry him she says know because he is keeping thing from her, maybe maybe not as I see it. I never thought the Grimm thing was the problem I alway thought the police officer thing was the problem.

Some over the years have said Juliette was higher on the social scale than Nick, for a long time I didn't agree now with the 20/20 I think that was the real Juliette problem. Later after knowing it all Nick again in a hint asks her to marry him and the answer is still no. Now he has no secret life so now what is the problem?

After Juliette becomes a hexenbiest Nick offers to work it out to understand, doesn't make any difference in how he has handled it at the start he got there. She walks out and we seen that all this knowing about wesen she like so much to start with is now gone she doesn't want to know she hates it all she just wants her old life back, and then starts down a dark path ending with the death of Kelly, something Nick can maybe forgive but not forget.

Now Adalind Nick and Adalind are in a battle in one way or another for 4 years. Then Adalind become PG with Nick child and need protection to have the baby. Nick does have to step up but does, I think this is a shock to Adalind. She has been use to powerful men using her, Nick only power is being a Grimm and as such he should want (with their history) her died, but doesn't. This is the atart of the changes the wirter were planning at S1E1.

Now Adalind has the baby and agian Nick steps up. Now Nick see a different Adalind a loving mother and she see a different Nick a good father. He also gets a the fome to keep them safe. He even waits for her to tell him she a active hexenbiest again, and tells her nothing going to change this maybe when Adalind sees that her and Nick can work and he see that really doesn't change how he is starting to feel about Adalind.

Some posted about Nick not trusting Adalind with the stick and box story. We know at the end he had told her we don't know when but he had. We also seen at the end that Nick gave Diana a hug that was to be noted for the 20 year thing to work. Also what should have been noted that only her and him know the other timeline. Another thing was she told Nick she felt safe now because she knows the other timeline she knows it was Nick and Trubel who made this happen. So the bridge was made between Diana and Nick.

So we have the reason for the 20 year story. What I would have liked was a little background on the lives of the other characters Renard, Trubel, Bud, even Josh.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - New Guy - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 09:45 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I don't think the writers or anyone ever intended Nick and Juliette to be a couple it was always going to be Nick and Adalind.
Hi J S,
Good post. You gave an opinion and supported it well.

From the first scene of the pilot there was something between Nick and Adalind. It was not love or romance until after baby Kelly showed up.

The Nick and Juliette situation was was in constant decline from memory loss, Renard attraction disorder, spurned proposal, hexen mania, trailer arson, betrayal of Momma Kelly, plotting Kelly's murder and ending with her attempt to murder Nick. When Trubel "killed" her HW reconstructed her as (Franken)Eve. After that she denied being Juliette. She never accepted responsibility and spoke as if Juliette was some other person.

She never showed any regret for her foul acts. The FrankenEve character was only a constant reminder that she should have been buried when she died.

If I re-watch Grimm, I will stop at 4.22. Seasons 5 and 6 are not entertaining. The FrankenEve character destroys the need to reconcile wrong and fails to provide appropriate consequence for the vile and criminal acts she committed.

Best!

N G

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Loona - 06-02-2017

It is my decision whether I believe it or not. Seriously you can, write what you want - you will change nothing in my attitude.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Tara - 06-02-2017

As Tara said and I'll agree with her about it it's our discussion, if you try to change our attitude. Nothing will change the fact that we have a disbelief in the ending of the series.

And no I don't see Juliette/Eve worthless just because she isn't with Nick.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - MarylikesGrimm - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 02:47 PM)Tara Wrote: As Tara said and I'll agree

Are you Tara and someone else too?Wink

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Tara - 06-02-2017

Mary, what do you mean?

(06-02-2017, 03:00 PM)Tara Wrote: Mary, what do you mean?

I have never seen someone refer to themselves in I think in the third person? Were you referring two people or just one when you said "As Tara said and I'll agree".