Grimm Forum
Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. (/Thread-Did-Nick-and-Adalind-fall-in-faster-or-slower-than-a-normal-couple)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Juliette - 06-02-2017

Because someone doesn't like a couple does not mean that someone doesn't like the whole series. But everyone has their own preferences.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - irukandji - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 03:32 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-01-2017, 08:49 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-01-2017, 08:12 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Unfortunately for Nick and Adalind's detractors, the show is already over so there's no opportunity for them to have their "beliefs" proven right as I felt I was and therefore disregarding the twenty year jump and everything else leading up to it is much more palatable for them than accepting what the writers depicted in the now clearly defined relationship of Nick and Adalind and the implication of them being together for all that time.

It's not only the so called detractors who have issues accepting what was clearly shown and stated, but the pro Nick/Adalind fans have issues as well, particularly with regard to Juliette. The one big contention is that Juliette was lying when she told Nick she didn't know Kelly was going to be killed. There's also the contention that it was Juliette's fault for not accepting Nick's proposal even though she was right to do so. It's also been stated that Nick should have dumped Juliette based on Aunt Marie's ridiculous warning even though there really was no justification for Nick doing so.

We all have our issues with the show. Because one side questions (and in my opinion, has backup to rightly question) the believability of the Nick/Adalind relationship, that doesn't make their points any less valid because the show has ended.

IMO the majority of fans are not shippers since they avoid answering questions about shipping and the shows name is Grimm. So why do some have to group everyone into two camps? I saw a interview where Bitise herself cannot answer the question about whether her character knew or not that Kelly would die or was just hiding from herself to prevent guilt. Others claim that writers could not answer the same question themselves in interviews either and I am not sure that is matters or if it is partly both true.

It's not just some. Despite the so called objective responses I've read, there isn't one person here who hasn't put the characters in two different camps. Not one.

But with that, I wouldn't necessarily call it shipping. Instead I would term it as either pro-Juliette/Eve or pro Adalind.

There are many posters here who are convinced Nick and Juliette were never in love. This is despite the fact that Nick told Juliette he loved her and vice versa. This is despite the fact Juliette agreed to help Nick get his powers back. This is despite the fact she helped him on occasion and was his confidant during their quiet times at home. When people bring these things up, I don't see the pro-Juliette people flocking in to point out bits of scripts or G&K interviews to support that Nick and Juliette did indeed have a relationship and did indeed love one another.

Yet consider the most current argument. I brought up that I found Nick and Adalind's relationship unbelievable. Several others also posted with their comments about how questionable the Nick and Adalind relationship was. Now all of the sudden others are chiming in, claiming the pro-Juliette people don't want to believe what was clearly shown on screen.

The point is, nothing was clearly shown on screen. Nick and Adalind were not standing around, looking lovingly over Diana and Kelly. We don't even know if Nick and Adalind are together. I know, G&K confirmed it, so it must be true. But when people point out about the big love triangle that G&K also stated was going to happen and never did, that gets for the most part ignored.

I actually waited for Nick to finally tell Adalind he loved her. Consider the big gyp that he takes it back via time warp. It never happened.

I don't get why the opposite point of view group gets criticized for believing differently when they do have points to back up what they say.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Tara - 06-02-2017

I totally agree with you irukandji you are talking about what I think, too.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Devegs - 06-02-2017

Quote:Participants were more undecided or ambivalent about whether love is necessary to maintain a marriage.

@ MLG, I can understand why some would be ambivalent about this. Sometimes being in love or loving someone is not enough to maintain a marriage. People also have to be able to make compromises for each other in order for the marriage to work.

But to the your post;
Originally, I thought they moved them very quickly. However, when I re-watched season 5, I realized that it didn't happen as quickly as I had originally thought. They had spent quite some time together during the season before they 'hooked up'. It just progressed (played out) very quickly when the writers started/focused on that arc, just like a lot of other plots/arcs in the show. Like S6, each time we saw them they seemed even more trusting of themselves and secure in their relationship.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Loona - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 05:14 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 03:32 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-01-2017, 08:49 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-01-2017, 08:12 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Unfortunately for Nick and Adalind's detractors, the show is already over so there's no opportunity for them to have their "beliefs" proven right as I felt I was and therefore disregarding the twenty year jump and everything else leading up to it is much more palatable for them than accepting what the writers depicted in the now clearly defined relationship of Nick and Adalind and the implication of them being together for all that time.

It's not only the so called detractors who have issues accepting what was clearly shown and stated, but the pro Nick/Adalind fans have issues as well, particularly with regard to Juliette. The one big contention is that Juliette was lying when she told Nick she didn't know Kelly was going to be killed. There's also the contention that it was Juliette's fault for not accepting Nick's proposal even though she was right to do so. It's also been stated that Nick should have dumped Juliette based on Aunt Marie's ridiculous warning even though there really was no justification for Nick doing so.

We all have our issues with the show. Because one side questions (and in my opinion, has backup to rightly question) the believability of the Nick/Adalind relationship, that doesn't make their points any less valid because the show has ended.

IMO the majority of fans are not shippers since they avoid answering questions about shipping and the shows name is Grimm. So why do some have to group everyone into two camps? I saw a interview where Bitise herself cannot answer the question about whether her character knew or not that Kelly would die or was just hiding from herself to prevent guilt. Others claim that writers could not answer the same question themselves in interviews either and I am not sure that is matters or if it is partly both true.

It's not just some. Despite the so called objective responses I've read, there isn't one person here who hasn't put the characters in two different camps. Not one.

But with that, I wouldn't necessarily call it shipping. Instead I would term it as either pro-Juliette/Eve or pro Adalind.

There are many posters here who are convinced Nick and Juliette were never in love. This is despite the fact that Nick told Juliette he loved her and vice versa. This is despite the fact Juliette agreed to help Nick get his powers back. This is despite the fact she helped him on occasion and was his confidant during their quiet times at home. When people bring these things up, I don't see the pro-Juliette people flocking in to point out bits of scripts or G&K interviews to support that Nick and Juliette did indeed have a relationship and did indeed love one another.

Yet consider the most current argument. I brought up that I found Nick and Adalind's relationship unbelievable. Several others also posted with their comments about how questionable the Nick and Adalind relationship was. Now all of the sudden others are chiming in, claiming the pro-Juliette people don't want to believe what was clearly shown on screen.

The point is, nothing was clearly shown on screen. Nick and Adalind were not standing around, looking lovingly over Diana and Kelly. We don't even know if Nick and Adalind are together. I know, G&K confirmed it, so it must be true. But when people point out about the big love triangle that G&K also stated was going to happen and never did, that gets for the most part ignored.

I actually waited for Nick to finally tell Adalind he loved her. Consider the big gyp that he takes it back via time warp. It never happened.

I don't get why the opposite point of view group gets criticized for believing differently when they do have points to back up what they say.

I think the Nadalinds complain only because they also have the guess. Otherwise there would be no reason to get upset.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - MarylikesGrimm - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 05:14 AM)irukandji Wrote: Despite the so called objective responses I've read, there isn't one person here who hasn't put the characters in two different camps.

I believe Irukandji in the past you said that you do not see Nick as a win for a woman yet now you only can be pro Eve/Juliette if you do not like the character on screen and want her turn her in something else. IMO I feel like the only poster on the forum that loves the on screen Eve/Juliette so I feel like I sit alone. I see Eve/Juliette as strong independent woman who is smart and who is looking to change the wesen world and does not want to yield to someone like Nick who does not share her world view. Many times in real life the young fall in love but because their worldview is so far away their marriages fail later. IMO women have more than one valid choice they can make in life. At the beginning of the show I could easily see Juliette leave Nick to go peace corps in Africa to help build animal clinics. IMO and lonely one, women can choose to make their lives not only about sex.

(06-02-2017, 05:28 AM)Loona Wrote: I think the Nadalinds complain only because they also have the guess. Otherwise there would be no reason to get upset.

@Lonna why don't you like on screen Juliette/Eve? In 611 she tells Nick she does not want him and imo for good reason.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Scully1987 - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 05:38 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 05:14 AM)irukandji Wrote: Despite the so called objective responses I've read, there isn't one person here who hasn't put the characters in two different camps.

IMO I feel like the only poster on the forum that loves the on screen Eve/Juliette so I feel like I sit alone.

Nobody say we dislike Juliette/Eve but I and I can only speak for myself don't buy into the Eve thing. But it doesn't mean I can't stand Juliette/Eve. She is one of my favorite character.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Loona - 06-02-2017

I believe Irukandji in the past you said that you do not see Nick as a win for a woman yet now you only can be pro Eve/Juliette if you do not like the character on screen and want her turn her in something else. IMO I feel like the only poster on the forum that loves the on screen Eve/Juliette so I feel like I sit alone. I see Eve/Juliette as strong independent woman who is smart and who is looking to change the wesen world and does not want to yield to someone like Nick who does not share her world view. Many times in real life the young fall in love but because their worldview is so far away their marriages fail later. IMO women have more than one valid choice they can make in life. At the beginning of the show I could easily see Juliette leave Nick to go peace corps in Africa to help build animal clinics. IMO and lonely one, women can choose to make their lives not only about sex.

(06-02-2017, 05:28 AM)Loona Wrote: I think the Nadalinds complain only because they also have the guess. Otherwise there would be no reason to get upset.

@Lonna why don't you like on screen Juliette/Eve? In 611 she tells Nick she does not want him and imo for good reason.

I like Juliette/Eve .

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - MarylikesGrimm - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 05:50 AM)Loona Wrote:

I like Juliette/Eve .

Can you explain why she would want Nick in season 6 after all the things he did to her? Why is Nick such a prize?

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - brandon - 06-02-2017

Nick is a good man.It was Juliette who did everything wrong with Nick and his friends.
Out of pure hatred, instead of cutting off the healthy relationship.Nick was not the only man on earth, neither better nor worse.Juliette could have cut off the relationship with Nick Wesen's friends and go somewhere else.
It was Julietet who made fun of Nick's love and the friendship that Rosalee offered.