Grimm Forum
Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. (/Thread-Did-Nick-and-Adalind-fall-in-faster-or-slower-than-a-normal-couple)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - MarylikesGrimm - 05-30-2017

Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. They live together nearly a year before Adalind left and came back in season 5.

Please note IMO NIck still loves Eve too because I believe someone can be in love with 2 people at once.

Kelly babies were just over a year at the beginning of season 6 and in the show Kelly was born in 2015.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/men-fall-in-love-faster-than-women-but-wait-longer-to-say-those-three-special-words-9873491.html

When an even split of 2,000 adult men and women who have been in relationships for at least a year were asked how quickly they fell in love with a new partner, most men said three months, while women replied five months.

Asked how soon they admitted to their partner that they were in love, women would declare their feelings at the six month mark – a month after most women said they had noticed they were in love. Meanwhile, the study suggests men are more cautious – expressing their true emotions after nine months.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - rpmaluki - 05-30-2017

Love is such a weird and wonderful thing, people experience it differently. People fall in love in many different ways, in real life. I don't think you can define the whens or the hows because some fall instantly while others grow to love deeply and truly over a long period of time.

On TV, I feel like it's a lot more specific. We tend to expect a couple to tick certain boxes for us to believe their romance and ultimately claim they don't love each other because they don't. I think Nick and Adalind fell in love too quickly (not unrealistic). However, Nick was reasonably hesitant in finally admitting his feelings but that was because of their history and the fact that he'd lost so many he loved and perhaps didn't want to become that vulnerable ever again. Nick grew dark and cold, at least darker and colder than when we first saw him outside the jewellery shop. Nick and Adalind came with a lot of baggage into their relationship and entertained the possibility of feeling something "more"that didn't involve being violent towards one another. If the show had more seasons, and a better writing team, they could have done an adequate slow build to them being romantic

I do think he loves Juliette still but he is no longer in love with her. If he was in love with both women, we would have seen that on screen. What we did see wasn't Nick longing to hold Juliette or kiss her in a romantic way. We saw how he cared for her but it was never romantic. I don't think he even looked at Eve the same way he looked at Adalind which is ironic. I remember in 6x03 when he was strripping before smoking the hat, everyone turned away except Eve but then he gave her this "you too" look and she quickly averted her eyes. All of S6, Nick was shown to have clearly moved on from whatever he felt for Juliette. It was awkward obviously but there was no question with whom he was in love. Nick left it till the end to tell Adalind he loved her but you could see it on his face long before that scene that he was in love with her.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - brandon - 05-30-2017

D. G is a good actor.
Those who say that Nick does not express himself well have not thought about his past.
Nick' a life changed after the loss of his parents and that makes people close.
Do not be so demostrative.
Juliette never happened to something like that.
I think that what was between Adalind and Nick were small skirmishes. Nothing as serious as the betrayal of Juliette. That she knew him-as she might have come to believe that he was going to murder- and he thought knew her.
The fights between Adalind and Nick began with the work of Sean.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Mrtrick - 05-30-2017

(05-30-2017, 06:35 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. They live together nearly a year before Adalind left and came back in season 5.

Please note IMO NIck still loves Eve too because I believe someone can be in love with 2 people at once.

Kelly babies were just over a year at the beginning of season 6 and in the show Kelly was born in 2015.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/men-fall-in-love-faster-than-women-but-wait-longer-to-say-those-three-special-words-9873491.html

When an even split of 2,000 adult men and women who have been in relationships for at least a year were asked how quickly they fell in love with a new partner, most men said three months, while women replied five months.

Asked how soon they admitted to their partner that they were in love, women would declare their feelings at the six month mark – a month after most women said they had noticed they were in love. Meanwhile, the study suggests men are more cautious – expressing their true emotions after nine months.

I can't say whether their love grew faster or slower than average, but it did so amidst particularly unique circumstances. They would be outliers to any statistical average, because most couples don't start with a kid and work backwards. The mere fact that they lived together for that entire period, would seem to have accelerated the affection they have for each other. When you start living with someone, the idiosyncrasies and temperament of your partner come into stark relief. If you're suited to life with someone, you're going to learn that fact gradually. But most people are well into a relationship before making that leap, so compatibility might take longer to truly suss out. Nick and Adalind got thrown into the deep end, during what is one of the most trying periods for any couple. Add onto that the external pressures of past and present, and you have a couple who really endured a trial by fire. Some people dismiss their relationship out of hand, but I don't know of any doomed relationship that could have come through all of that with a sense of stability and deepening affection. In a way, it reminds me of an arranged marriage. They could have just as easily driven each other crazy, or bickered relentlessly. But they just seemed to click. I think Nick and Adalind managed to get a more profound understanding of each other than they would have through any, more typical dating scenario. It strikes me that they've never even been on an actual, run of the mill date. It seems to me they're suited for each other, because they've already weathered more than most relationships could handle, and they're just getting started.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - eric - 05-30-2017

What is "normal"? Getting married after 1 date probably too fast, not getting married after living together after 20 years too long. Depends on the couples, what luggage they bring with them-some people a carry on, others a couple of steamer trunks, prior good/bad experiences. Most TV shows, Hollywood movies have these things moving along quickly--there is just so much time to spend on them. A couple of people I knew married after one drunk Christmas party, divorced 6 months later. One couple were engaged so long the little kids were calling her "Aunt" behind her back . I think Nick and Adeline's relationship was sped up by all of the danger around, kind of like war time marriages.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Loona - 05-30-2017

(05-30-2017, 07:02 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I remember in 6x03 when he was strripping before smoking the hat, everyone turned away except Eve but then he gave her this "you too" look and she quickly averted her eyes.

That was really ridiculous, as if she had never seen him before....

But the other thing, for my taste it went to fast between Nick and Adalind. I was open to give the Ship a try but the first I love you of Adalind ruined it, to be honest after that it was finish.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - irukandji - 05-30-2017

I can't look at them falling in love faster or slower. The bigger question on my mind is, 'Is their love believable or unbelievable'? Even with Grimm being a fantasy, I find their love for one another unbelievable.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Juliette - 05-30-2017

I agree with you irukandji, their love isn't really belief able.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - irukandji - 05-30-2017

You know what's weirder? I had no problem believing Nick hated Juliette after she betrayed Kelly. I even could believe Nick forgave Juliette and she forgave him.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Loona - 05-30-2017

Where comes Nadalinds love from when it wouldn't be for their baby? and the baby isn't really a reason to be together.

Question to the Nadalind give us some reasonable points why they falling in love with each other? Please explain it without involving baby Kelly.

For me is Adalind just the runner-up but maybe you can explain it - and I can understand it differently.