Grimm Forum
Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction (/Thread-Nickliette-Neve-Fanfiction)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - rpmaluki - 05-26-2017

(05-26-2017, 06:56 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 06:25 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: You got me there. I thought for a minute that Hexenadler was a women.
Yea, my bad. Realized after signing off that I referred to Hexenadler a she and rushed back to fix it.

---------------------------------

Quote:A majority of fics don't even happen in the same universe as the actual show anymore. I think when fanfiction first started, the writers kept their pairing in the same universe as a sort of wish fulfilment on the shipper's part and for several reasons that range from their pairing not getting a fair shot (crack ships) on the show to just having continuing/building on the show during and after the show ends. The more people wrote, many started writing about characters that barely resembled those on the show except in name only.

I can see how losing interest in the show/characters or getting tired of disappointment would dampen a fan’s enjoyment of fanfic. But I would have thought shippers would be anxious to write the Nick/Juliette or Nick/Adalind relationship the way they wanted it to happen, and the hell with canon.

To me, writing fanfic that follows canon would hardly be worth the time and energy unless only interested in concluding storylines that were dropped or not explored on the show.

Actually, as long as they weren’t ship centric I might could get into a well written story of the Royals retaliating in S5 along with Hexenbiest Juliette and Diana or the HW/BC storyline focusing on the Wesen Uprising/political power grab.
I have never come across non shipper fanfiction across any fandom whether it's TV or film except maybe with the author of the TVD books. She no longer has copyrights to her books and a ghost writer continued the "official" books (which I believe match the show in terms of shipping, someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and she has written her own continuation that can only be viewed as "fanfiction" for legal reasons and the story is understandably different to the "official" sequels.

I like reading so I was an avid fanfic reader years ago before the quality began to drop off a cliff. I find that I can't get into A/U especially when I read about characters from something like game of thrones/asoiaf suddenly being in modern setting. I can't get into it even if the writing is good. I can't reconcile the characters being the same as those I loved reading about. I have written a handful myself but try to keep them in the same universe even if the stories don't match the show/book/film. I want to write more original work with the aim of hopefully getting published but my real day job gets in the way.

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Robyn - 05-26-2017

(05-26-2017, 07:14 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I have never come across non shipper fanfiction across any fandom whether it's TV or film except maybe with the author of the TVD books. She no longer has copyrights to her books and a ghost writer continued the "official" books (which I believe match the show in terms of shipping, someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and she has written her own continuation that can only be viewed as "fanfiction" for legal reasons and the story is understandably different to the "official" sequels.

I like reading so I was an avid fanfic reader years ago before the quality began to drop off a cliff. I find that I can't get into A/U especially when I read about characters from something like game of thrones/asoiaf suddenly being in modern setting. I can't get into it even if the writing is good. I can't reconcile the characters being the same as those I loved reading about. I have written a handful myself but try to keep them in the same universe even if the stories don't match the show/book/film. I want to write more original work with the aim of hopefully getting published but my real day job gets in the way.
That make sense I suppose, fanfics aren’t about a show in general, but a specific relationship and eliminating any character or event that derailed the relationship in canon. I suppose if someone is going to devote the time and energy because they enjoy writing they’ll produce original work, especially if they have hopes of being published.

The small amount of fanfic I’ve read were written by a select few fans who wrote general character stories and Angel/Cordelia shippers who were skillful at spinning a tale and didn’t cater to a diehard sappy love fest. Like with Adalind, I found Cordelia interesting and entertaining but wasn’t interested in her hooking up with the male lead. Those few non-ship stories were probably rare in the fanfic world.

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - rpmaluki - 05-26-2017

(05-26-2017, 07:58 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 07:14 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I have never come across non shipper fanfiction across any fandom whether it's TV or film except maybe with the author of the TVD books. She no longer has copyrights to her books and a ghost writer continued the "official" books (which I believe match the show in terms of shipping, someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and she has written her own continuation that can only be viewed as "fanfiction" for legal reasons and the story is understandably different to the "official" sequels.

That make sense I suppose, fanfics aren’t about a show in general, but a specific relationship and eliminating any character or event that derailed the relationship in canon. I suppose if someone is going to devote the time and energy because they enjoy writing they’ll produce original work, especially if they have hopes of being published.

The small amount of fanfic I’ve read were written by a select few fans who wrote general character stories and Angel/Cordelia shippers who were skillful at spinning a tale and didn’t cater to a diehard sappy love fest. Like with Adalind, I found Cordelia interesting and entertaining but wasn’t interested in her hooking up with the male lead. Those few non-ship stories were probably rare in the fanfic world.
I was such an Angel/Cordie shipper but stopped watching the show in S3, long before fan fiction was even a thing. Today, it VERY rare to find skillful writers shipping or non shipping.

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Hexenadler - 05-26-2017

(05-26-2017, 05:38 AM)Robyn Wrote: That's true with most shipped couples. I never got the impression Hexenadler wrote fanfic because he loved writing about Nick/Juliette. He wanted to write their story the way he thought it should have progressed.

You're way, way off base there, Robyn. While I definitely hate the direction G & K chose to go with Nick and Juliette in season four, I find them much more engaging as a couple than "Nadalind," a relationship that was ethically questionable almost right out the gate for a few reasons, all of which the writers (and many of the fans) simply swept under the rug and hoped people wouldn't notice. Except they did.

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Loona - 05-26-2017

Here is no hate or something like that against Nadalind.

But here is a question to you: Why should I read it if I don't like that couple? That's why I have asking in that subject if I am the only one who ship it.

And it had really nothing to with hate - you would probably not read a Nickliette in the other way - because you don't like it. So why should I do it then with Nadalind.

And I did not want to start a discussion. But I want to answer your question irukandji as far as possible. But now it has anyway happened so, I'll try to explain it.

If I want to read a Grimm story I really need to watch out that I don't stumble over Nadalind.

But that is really no hate - I personally do not want to read any Fanfiction about these two. As friends okay but as lover no, sorry I don't buy into that ship. But it's my opinion. That's why I have asking if there are other who ship Nickliette because I want to read what I like - and not because it is more popular.

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - irukandji - 05-26-2017

(05-26-2017, 07:14 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 06:56 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 06:25 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: You got me there. I thought for a minute that Hexenadler was a women.
Yea, my bad. Realized after signing off that I referred to Hexenadler a she and rushed back to fix it.

---------------------------------

Quote:A majority of fics don't even happen in the same universe as the actual show anymore. I think when fanfiction first started, the writers kept their pairing in the same universe as a sort of wish fulfilment on the shipper's part and for several reasons that range from their pairing not getting a fair shot (crack ships) on the show to just having continuing/building on the show during and after the show ends. The more people wrote, many started writing about characters that barely resembled those on the show except in name only.

I can see how losing interest in the show/characters or getting tired of disappointment would dampen a fan’s enjoyment of fanfic. But I would have thought shippers would be anxious to write the Nick/Juliette or Nick/Adalind relationship the way they wanted it to happen, and the hell with canon.

To me, writing fanfic that follows canon would hardly be worth the time and energy unless only interested in concluding storylines that were dropped or not explored on the show.

Actually, as long as they weren’t ship centric I might could get into a well written story of the Royals retaliating in S5 along with Hexenbiest Juliette and Diana or the HW/BC storyline focusing on the Wesen Uprising/political power grab.
I have never come across non shipper fanfiction across any fandom whether it's TV or film except maybe with the author of the TVD books. She no longer has copyrights to her books and a ghost writer continued the "official" books (which I believe match the show in terms of shipping, someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and she has written her own continuation that can only be viewed as "fanfiction" for legal reasons and the story is understandably different to the "official" sequels.

I used to belong to a Phantom of the Opera website where many a hopeful writer pushed their stories. I've read a few, but they're mostly as Robyn stated. The writers are so miffed that Raoul got away with the girl, they change canon so that Erik gets her instead.

With Grimm fanfiction, I imagine many writers are not happy with the Nick/Adalind storyline in general, so they change it to suit their fancy.

Some of the best published fanfictions I have ever read have been based off of Star Trek, TOS. One of my all time favorite novels involved Star Trek meets Here Come the Brides. I don't know if anyone ever watched that show, but I was a fan when I was young. Apparently there's a writer out there who was as well because Spock loses his memory, is wounded and ends up in 1800s Seattle, rescued by Aaron Stemple. Aaron disguises him as his nephew and so Spock gets to meet Jason and his brothers, Candy, Biddy and the rest of the characters.

Now............as preposterous and ridiculous as this story seems, I enjoyed it so much I read it over and over until the novel actually fell apart. It's one of my favorites.

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Hexenadler - 05-26-2017

(05-26-2017, 01:40 PM)Loona Wrote: But here is a question to you: Why should I read it if I don't like that couple? That's why I have asking in that subject if I am the only one who ship it.

And here's a question for you: When have I ever demanded that you read my fanfiction? Like you said, there's billions of Nadalind fiction online available to read at your leisure. Why are you giving me a hard time when "Nickliette" stories are few and far between? This is the internet. Knock yourself out.

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Scully1987 - 05-26-2017

Loona, here you can find a few Nickliette Grimm Fanfiction and a story to Nadalind. If you enter the link there you come to my fanfiction. There is even standing a few notice which story belong to which couple under each story. I just hope you'll not start to complain again! I have no desire for any argue. We are all adults so please just choose the ones you like : )

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Loona - 05-26-2017

(05-26-2017, 01:56 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 01:40 PM)Loona Wrote: But here is a question to you: Why should I read it if I don't like that couple? That's why I have asking in that subject if I am the only one who ship it.

And here's a question for you: When have I ever demanded that you read my fanfiction? Like you said, there's billions of Nadalind fiction online available to read at your leisure. Why are you giving me a hard time when "Nickliette" stories are few and far between? This is the internet. Knock yourself out.

I did not want to kick you Hexenadler or you Scully1987 I'm just unhappy there is so less Nickliette out there -.-

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Scully1987 - 05-26-2017

Then you only have two options, either you'll be active and write yourself, or Loona you will have to accept that there are only so few for Nickliette. But then you aren't allowed to complain.