Grimm Forum
Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction (/Thread-Nickliette-Neve-Fanfiction)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Loona - 05-25-2017

Hi : )
I just wonder, if I am the only one who ship Nickliette or now Neve - there are just a few fanfiction outside the internet. And I still dislike it. I don't want to write but when I want to read a story about them and it's very rare.

Nadalind is everywhere like sand on the sea. This shouldn't be an hate subject but it's still annoyable if you want to read something and everywhere you stumble over the one certain ship you have an problem with.

And no it's just an honest question - if there are other shipper who like it. So please without any discussion or arguments. please.

Greetings

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Hexenadler - 05-26-2017

I wrote a few pieces of fanfiction speculating what might have happened if Nick and Juliette had stayed together after Juliette's Hexenbiest transformation. I don't know if they're what you're looking for.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12236146/1/Despite-The-Darkness

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12449568/1/Nick-s-Nightmare

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - irukandji - 05-26-2017

(05-25-2017, 09:47 PM)Loona Wrote: Hi : )
I just wonder, if I am the only one who ship Nickliette or now Neve - there are just a few fanfiction outside the internet. And I still dislike it. I don't want to write but when I want to read a story about them and it's very rare.

Nadalind is everywhere like sand on the sea. This shouldn't be an hate subject but it's still annoyable if you want to read something and everywhere you stumble over the one certain ship you have an problem with.

And no it's just an honest question - if there are other shipper who like it. So please without any discussion or arguments. please.

Greetings

Sorry, Loona. I couldn't resist avoiding a discussion here. Why do you think there is so much fanfiction about Nick and Adalind?

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - Robyn - 05-26-2017

Loona, if you weren't taking a dig at Nick/Adalind you would have simply asked for Nick/Juliette fanfic recommendations.

Using the filters to narrow the results to only Nick/Juliette, there are 178 fanfics at archiveofourown.org. Enjoy!

irukandji, any shipper is going to think there’s not enough fanfic featuring their fav couple, and one fanfic paring either with another character is one too many.

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - irukandji - 05-26-2017

(05-26-2017, 05:28 AM)Robyn Wrote: irukandji, any shipper is going to think there’s not enough fanfic featuring their fav couple, and one fanfic paring either with another character is one too many.

I would have looked at this differently, Robyn. My thought is that a lot of people weren't satisfied with the Adalind and Nick they saw on screen. So they just rewrote them.

(05-26-2017, 05:30 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 05:28 AM)Robyn Wrote: irukandji, any shipper is going to think there’s not enough fanfic featuring their fav couple, and one fanfic paring either with another character is one too many.

I would have looked at this differently, Robyn. My thought is that a lot of people weren't satisfied with the Adalind and Nick they saw on screen. So they just rewrote them.
That's true with most shipped couples. I never got the impression Hexenadler wrote fanfic because he loved writing about Nick/Juliette. He wanted to write their story the way he thought it should have progressed. If I wrote a Nick/Juliette fanfic, Juliette would have left Nick after surviving Adalind's cat-scratch fever and Nick admitted deceiving her. If I wrote a Nick/Adalind fanfic, they would become trusted allies and co-parents but not fallen in love.

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - MarylikesGrimm - 05-26-2017

(05-25-2017, 09:47 PM)Loona Wrote: Hi : )

Greetings

Have you read the Grimm books?

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - rpmaluki - 05-26-2017

A majority of fics don't even happen in the same universe as the actual show anymore. I think when fanfiction first started, the writers kept their pairing in the same universe as a sort of wish fulfilment on the shipper's part and for several reasons that range from their pairing not getting a fair shot (crack ships) on the show to just having continuing/building on the show during and after the show ends. The more people wrote, many started writing about characters that barely resembled those on the show except in name only.

When it comes to Nick/Adalind vs Nick/Juliette, I don't think one pairing outmatches the other, it's likely that Nick and Adalind now has a lot more recent fics because the show finally went in that direction. Before S5, they were a "crack" ship and their fans didn't have much to go on other than to write their own stories. Nick/Juliette may not be seeing an influx of new fics or new fic writers because S4 left such a sour taste in viewers' mouths. This could be because those who supported them gave up on the show and weren't interested anymore or the demand for new stories was low in light of the show's developments against Nick/Adalind.

Fanfiction isn't an exact science, people write for any number of reasons and that may relate to more fics for a certain pairing compared to another but without finite data, it's generalised area. SN and TVD have some of the largest fic numbers for Destiel and Delena but one is a "crack" ship while the other is "canon" to show you just how inconclusive fanfiction is.

RE: Nickliette/Neve Fanfiction - MarylikesGrimm - 05-26-2017

(05-26-2017, 05:38 AM)Robyn Wrote: I never got the impression Hexenadler wrote fanfic because "s"he loved writing about Nick/Juliette.

You got me there. I thought for a minute that Hexenadler was a women.

(05-26-2017, 06:25 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: You got me there. I thought for a minute that Hexenadler was a women.
Yea, my bad. Realized after signing off that I referred to Hexenadler a she and rushed back to fix it.

---------------------------------

Quote:A majority of fics don't even happen in the same universe as the actual show anymore. I think when fanfiction first started, the writers kept their pairing in the same universe as a sort of wish fulfilment on the shipper's part and for several reasons that range from their pairing not getting a fair shot (crack ships) on the show to just having continuing/building on the show during and after the show ends. The more people wrote, many started writing about characters that barely resembled those on the show except in name only.

I can see how losing interest in the show/characters or getting tired of disappointment would dampen a fan’s enjoyment of fanfic. But I would have thought shippers would be anxious to write the Nick/Juliette or Nick/Adalind relationship the way they wanted it to happen, and the hell with canon.

To me, writing fanfic that follows canon would hardly be worth the time and energy unless only interested in concluding storylines that were dropped or not explored on the show.

Actually, as long as they weren’t ship centric I might could get into a well written story of the Royals retaliating in S5 along with Hexenbiest Juliette and Diana or the HW/BC storyline focusing on the Wesen Uprising/political power grab.