Grimm Forum
Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive (/Thread-Youtube-interview-Bitsie-Tulloch-not-passive)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Hell Rell - 05-16-2017

I'm saying there's nothing wrong with you saying you want to ignore the final season. The problem is you saying that Nick and Adalind being happy with each other according to what was portrayed on the show and the writers is a lie. It has nothing to do with being a Nick/Juliette or Nick/Adalind shipper. Adalind being anything other than committed to Nick simply isn't true.

I'm referring to the end result and not the execution. I get if you have a problem with the execution but Nick and Adalind being together and raising the children is the conclusion.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Loona - 05-16-2017

I know what you mean but I didn't get it the way as the others of you all. I just wonder didn't you see Nicks face when he told Adalind that he loves her - sorry but the face doesn't show it.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Hell Rell - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 02:13 PM)Loona Wrote: I know what you mean but I didn't get it the way as the others of you all. I just wonder didn't you see Nicks face when he told Adalind that he loves her - sorry but the face doesn't show it.

That's the execution again. Nick is not the most expressive guy so I can understand you criticizing him on the acting alone. There's a lot of times where his love for Adalind or Juliette doesn't feel genuine but that has more to do with his stoic personality. Nick and Adalind are in love but I'm not going to try to change anyone's mind on how they feel seeing it on screen.

DG did his best work in the scene where he finds Kelly's head. That's the most obvious scene where you can see the emotion on his face and it's something other than anger which comes later in the episode.

I used to watch House and he had a love interest named Cuddy. I know they were supposed to be some epic romance that the writers constantly tried to convince the audience of every two minutes. I think that was the most unbelievable romance ever and I never got on board with it from the very start but that doesn't change what they were supposed to mean to each other. I would've preferred their relationship not being written anywhere close to that but that what was forced upon me. You probably feel similar about Nick and Adalind so I don't begrudge you there.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - MarylikesGrimm - 05-17-2017

(05-16-2017, 05:08 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I used to watch House and he had a love interest named Cuddy. I know they were supposed to be some epic romance that the writers constantly tried to convince the audience of every two minutes. I think that was the most unbelievable romance ever and I never got on board with it from the very start but that doesn't change what they were supposed to mean to each other. I would've preferred their relationship not being written anywhere close to that but that what was forced upon me. You probably feel similar about Nick and Adalind so I don't begrudge you there.

I never thought House show wanted you to believe House and Cuddy were epic romance. I saw their relationship as a love affair where house was a sadist. I guess I missed something.

http://www.housemd-guide.com/season7/717fall-grace.php

Wilson is trying to help House and Cuddy get through this rough time. He tells House, "You two spent months trying to figure out a way to date and not have it affect your working relationship. Now, you need o fo the same for the not dating."
"No I don't."
"This is serious. Did you know that she's---"
"She's dying of gult and feels horrible about dumping me. It's great. I mean not the dumping part but the part where she'll now let me do whatever I want."
"So, you're just trying to punish her? She feels bad and your only goal is to take advantage?"
"That's not true. I've got plenty of goals. One of them's a 60" flat screen right there." He looks at this wall.
"You'rem a lot of things, House, but you've never been a sadist. You're pummeling an opponent who isn't fighting back."

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Hell Rell - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 01:03 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I never thought House show wanted you to believe House and Cuddy were epic romance. I saw their relationship as a love affair where house was a sadist. I guess I missed something.

http://www.housemd-guide.com/season7/717fall-grace.php

Wilson is trying to help House and Cuddy get through this rough time. He tells House, "You two spent months trying to figure out a way to date and not have it affect your working relationship. Now, you need o fo the same for the not dating."
"No I don't."
"This is serious. Did you know that she's---"
"She's dying of guilt and feels horrible about dumping me. It's great. I mean not the dumping part but the part where she'll now let me do whatever I want."
"So, you're just trying to punish her? She feels bad and your only goal is to take advantage?"
"That's not true. I've got plenty of goals. One of them's a 60" flat screen right there." He looks at this wall.
"You'rem a lot of things, House, but you've never been a sadist. You're pummeling an opponent who isn't fighting back."

The major problem with House and Cuddy was constantly rewriting their relationship to make it seem like an epic romance so the fall could be harder. The backstory of them having a ONS at Michigan never made much sense because of the age difference. Then they kept trying to add things to their backstory that made absolutely no sense in an effort to change it from a brief affair, which was hard to believe anyway, to them being some kind of star-crossed lovers. They were constantly called out on this BS by people who were paying attention.

Of course, there's also the problem of it taking over the show for several seasons and ruining House, Cuddy, and the show in general. And I wasn't really a Cuddy fan to begin with. The rise of their rewritten relationship began in the latter half of season 3 which is coincidentally when the show fell from grace. It's the retcons that happened to push this relationship forward that made the couple worse than they already were in general. It started long before they officially became a couple. This was some of the worst writing and characterization I've ever seen which is one of the many reasons I think the show is vastly overrated. It lasted for eight seasons but I only think the first two were great while the rest was mediocre to awful.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Devegs - 05-22-2017

(05-16-2017, 07:15 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: 4:31 to 5:40 out of 6:02
Q Who do you identify more with Eve or Juliette?
Eve was harder to play because she was cold and calculating. Juliette was really expressive and I like to use my hands to talk so Juliette was easier to play. Juliette at the beginning was passive and I really don’t relate to that because I am not a passive person. I related to how strong Eve was. Actors do not like getting stuck playing the same thing and staying in your comfort zone. When the show wrote Eve for me it broke me out of my comfort zone.

I think, this is probably what made a number of fans unable to bond with Juliette. I just never could place it. It carried over in the N/J relationship. It might have been the direction given to her to play Juliette, or just how BT sees it from the directions given. It's hard to root for someone who's passive, and that's how BT describes her character's original disposition.