Grimm Forum
Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive (/Thread-Youtube-interview-Bitsie-Tulloch-not-passive)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Tara - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 11:01 AM)Circe27 Wrote: Yes I like Nick and Adalind and you dislike Adalind. But can you or Tara answer my question?

I try, to answer your question. The writers often lead us around - think back to the time with Juliette at the end of season 4 and coming back in season 5. It's just an example. And there are more points on the list.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Loona - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 11:01 AM)Circe27 Wrote: Yes I like Nick and Adalind and you dislike Adalind. But can you or Tara answer my question?

Yes you're right I really hate Nadalind together. As single character they are okay but I dislike them as couple.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Hell Rell - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 10:55 AM)Tara Wrote: How many times have they led us around? And it seems differently as to what they pretended?

Do you believe the writing team wrote Adalind as pretending to change without showing nor telling us? She apologized for what she did without actually saying she was a good person. I'm not certain Adalind believed she was good but she has shown she has changed.

The writers have no reason to lead us around anymore. The show is over. Adalind reverting to her old form would've been shown at some point in the last two seasons but was never shown once even though she had plenty of opportunities to betray the gang.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - MarylikesGrimm - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 10:55 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 08:52 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Was it the writing style, acting style or both that made Eve not seem strong to you?

It had mostly to do with Juliette having her personality replaced with another and that personality was that of a simple fighting machine. A lot of writers think that a woman fighting is all it takes for her to be a "strong female character". It can work for a recurring character but not a main one.

Eve's robotic nature tells me nothing about her strength. She just felt like a cardboard cutout that was put in place for action scenes until Juliette was ready to come back to the surface. It was also very convenient because even this show couldn't have the gang working with Juliette again right away so they used Eve as a placeholder. I don't find characters with minimal personality to be strong. She felt more like a gimmick.

I thought Juliette had more strong moments. She was strong when she put her own concerns aside to go help rescue Monroe, when she found out Alicia was a Fuchsbau and showed her she would accept her, and when she had dinner with those troubled kids in one of Nick's cases. Those things impressed me far more than Eve.

Bitsie has admitted that she suggested to have a robotic nature in season 5 and G&K went along with the idea. I guess that was the only way to get her to stop using her hands.

Eve risked her life many times in both season 5 and 6 to help the cause and the scooby team. She believed she was more in charge of herself too.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Circe27 - 05-16-2017

Yes, they did lead us to believe Juliette was dead because they already had plans for Eve. We saw hints that something wasn't right when her body went missing. But how is that proof that Adalind was actually really evil, never changed, and Nick and Adalind didn't last? Nothing on screen shows that Adalind was just pretending.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - rpmaluki - 05-16-2017

Adalind had plenty of chances to ditch her life with Nick for a more plush one as the future wife of a mayor and Prince. Bonaparte certainly pitched it that way to her and she literally stopped shy of telling him to take a flying leap when she told him Sean wasn’t her type. It's one thing to say she hasn't changed or she's pretending without presenting scenes or dialogue to actually support that belief. After twenty years, she's not deviated from where we last saw her which was wanting a life with Nick. When Juliette died, many thought she wasn't and within three months screen time she came back as Eve. Adalind has chosen Nick and he's chosen her, after twenty years, they are still together. Without further details, anything contradictory to this is pure speculation, not factual.

The character's likeability with fans is completely separate from the characters actions on the show. Some people like Adalind while others don't, some like Juliette/Eve while others don't, this doesn't change what's happened on the show.

Yes that's true and that is why I ignore the end of season 6.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Circe27 - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 11:23 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: The character's likeability with fans is completely separate from the characters actions on the show. Some people like Adalind while others don't, some like Juliette/Eve while others don't, this doesn't change what's happened on the show.

I completely agree with this 100%.

RE: Youtube interview Bitsie Tulloch not passive - Hell Rell - 05-16-2017

I'm not going to get baited into another lengthy "Adalind is running a con" debate that really isn't one.

I also don't want to turn this into a shipping debate. Liking or not liking Juliette and Adalind doesn't change what actually happened.

(05-16-2017, 11:37 AM)Loona Wrote: Yes that's true and that is why I ignore the end of season 6.

That's completely fine. I like to pretend that the final several (and I mean several!) seasons of Dexter, House, Smallville, and Game of Thrones didn't happen. Unless, I'm going to debate it then I have to acknowledge it and what the writers were going for and what they were trying to portray to the audience.

I'm not raving about the last couple of seasons either but I have to acknowledge what happened if I'm going to debate it. I'm not going to say things that blatantly aren't true to support my views.

I didn't say I didn't watch the end of Grimm. I have watch the whole series. I just Made for myself the discusion that I am finish with the series with the end of season 5.